Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:06 pm

@ Explore:

I can confirm from my own experiences that Met Global sites (gtahotels.com & otel.com) are good for BRG claim (OT: Not usable for Marriott properties outside USA & Canada), because there is no flag if a voucher or other form of pre-paid certificate is involved.

@ NJUPINTHEAIR:

Finaly, my claim was accepted, but I am still under the impression that some associates like to flag booking.com (maybe the read that this is a priceline company). However, I will follow this up with CA department. Once again, thanks very much for your support as I felt much more confident to argue!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I am happy to report that at least with respect to my matter -- where the price of a room without any added extras not offered by the hotel, and where the tax was not included in the rate (and was advertised on the competing website as such) -- that Booking.com rates are to be accepted for the BRG from Hyatt.

The Hyatt agents that I had spoken with had been misinterpreting the Hyatt BRG policy with respect to the above situation and I have been advised that this error is in the process of being rectified.

So, you all should feel comfortable submitting Booking.com rate quotes to the Hyatt BRG department if they are circumscribed within the above parameters.

This is yet another example of Hyatt being extremely responsive to its members' needs and this sort of customer service ought to be applauded. ^^

Many thanks also to SS who identified the next step I needed to take this in order to obtain a just resolution short of publcizing this to a wider audience. ^@:-)
I would like to thank you and others in this thread. Your efforts have made life easier for at least some of those who came after you in asking Hyatt to apply the BRG rules to covered rates advertised by booking.com and other websites that were previously being refused. The wait on the phone is a little longer than some may like, but it now got done on one phone call in the manner it should.

Thanks again. ^^

I am not sure if this problem is completely resolved -- a fix over a weekend isn't common but I seem to be having luck this weekend -- or if it is just that BRGs are handled differently by different agents when it should be the same for everyone all of the time.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 9, 2010 at 2:33 pm
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A successful claim for me after about 5 min on hold. ^
I am VERY pleased with Hyatt CS.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:25 pm

I also had a very successful claim with BFG this week. Dropped my rate significantly.

While the overall hold time was a bit long, I thought the customer service provided was outstanding.

In my (albeit limited in this area) experience, it appears that Hyatt honors this guarantee.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:28 am
Suspended

I've had a few this year, including some that resulted in hyatt.com's $149+ rates being adjusted down to under $70. Including tax, the BRG-adjusted rate's room was cheaper than if booked even via Priceline.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Platinum, Airmiles Gold, United MP, Delta SM
ive used the BRG 2x. Once on expedia and once and a different website. Both dropped the rates quite significantly! the expedia one was quite quite and the other one took quite a while they had to call me back. hotel was still advertised as the AmeriSuites however had been a HP for a few years already, they tried telling me it wouldnt work. they called back the next day to say they beat the rate.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
20 minutes on hold so far...imagine the policy is to leave the person on hold for 15+ minutes hoping they hang up

It *seemed* pretty simple to me. Easyclicktravel had a Hyatt Place room for $125 and it was selling for $150 on Hyatt.com.

Update: To Hyatt's credit they just approved the rate and I saved $50 /night! Worth the 25 minutes on hold
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS
20 minutes on hold so far...imagine the policy is to leave the person on hold for 15+ minutes hoping they hang up

It *seemed* pretty simple to me. Easyclicktravel had a Hyatt Place room for $125 and it was selling for $150 on Hyatt.com.

Update: To Hyatt's credit they just approved the rate and I saved $50 /night! Worth the 25 minutes on hold
The handling times are rather long. It's too bad that the mainline reservation agents cannot just do it themselves too, for then the time to get it done would be a lot faster for customers calling in to Hyatt for BRGs.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: Quite a few...
I've done it twice, and twice successfully, through German CS. The agent checked the website offering (hotels.com) while on the phone, and told me to call back on the same day. Worked perfectly, resulting in substantial savings both times.^
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:37 am

I'm glad to hear Hyatt actually enforces their BRG. I haven't tried booking from other sites yet but definitely going to start checking prices and try this next time. ^
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
After booking my BRG last night I needed to add an additional room for that night so had to call in again. The Hyatt agent was very helpful but took 10 minutes to review the EasyClickTravel rate. He found in the FAQ the explanation of an "On Request" rate and tried to turn it down. I explained to him that while ECT does have "On Request" rates that are not immediately bookable, this is not one of them.

Back on hold at the 18 minute mark...at least Hyatt has good hold music

UPDATE: 25 minutes and I now have a 2nd room. Turns out they actually called ECT to verify. Oddly similar length to last night...

Last edited by PHX_SOUS; Feb 25, 2010 at 4:59 pm
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Question about Hyatt BRG. I understand they are not as generous as Marriott, but more accomodation than Hilton.

I am finding plenty of non-refundable rates at Travelocity etc., but Hyatt.com does not offer a non refundable rate at all (at least I can't find it). Can I get a BRG on that? E.g. 20% off the non refundable rate? I'd be willing to accept a non-refundable rate in the end.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
LOVE Hyatt!!!

Have booked Kauai for next February, using our Diamond suite upgrade
Was going to pay $373/night
But I just found Expedia and, after a phone call to Hyatt BRG line, am now paying $259!!!!!!
Wow!!!
Old May 6, 2010, 5:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I had a success yesterday. I booked a hotel (guess which one) for NZ$180, and found it on another website for NZ$160. After about a 10-minute hold, I was told the rate was confirmed, and the rate was adjusted to NZ$128. That's a whole lot less than I paid when I stayed there in 2005!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
First time filing, and success. Saved about $70 per night for 2 rooms for 2 nights! Although the phone wait wasn't long - perhaps 5 minutes - it still seems a PITA vs just sending an email. But for $280? I'll quite happily contact them however they wish.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.