Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I put in a claim for a hotel in a city where taxes have to be included in the displayed price.

There's a clause in the BRG terms that says, "Some jurisdictions require that room rates include applicable taxes. For purposes of Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee, only Competing Rates that include such applicable taxes will be compared against Hyatt’s tax-inclusive room rates. If such tax-inclusive Competing Rate is lower than Hyatt’s tax-inclusive room rate, and otherwise complies with the Terms and Conditions, then the Best Rate Guarantee may apply."

This was the screenshot I included:

The claim was denied because the agent said the rate was lower on Hyatt. When I phoned to get more info, the agent I spoke with said the claim isn't valid because taxes are listed separately in the total. Even though the full, tax inclusive price is clearly stated, the fact that the website has a line indicating exactly what those taxes are means "the tax inclusive rate isn't being displayed according to the terms of the program."
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Wait, what? You had a claim verified over the phone?
I probably do half of my BRG claims over the phone. If you do it during normal business hours and get an american agent, they are incredibly helpful and approve it for you over the phone. I did one last week, took less than 10 minutes on the phone.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by liondragonx5y
I probably do half of my BRG claims over the phone. If you do it during normal business hours and get an american agent, they are incredibly helpful and approve it for you over the phone. I did one last week, took less than 10 minutes on the phone.
The only hard part for me is verifying Mobile prices.

For example -

A lot of times I get a Priceline “Mobile Rate” just from searching their site from my phone. I have verified it by using other phones too prior to calling. But it sounds like they only use desktops or laptops for verification.

I have also tried verifying using the Expedia Mobile app (App Exclusive Rates) and they say they can’t verify it or I have to send more screenshots.

You’d think they’d have a tablet or phone with the apps available to verify these rates as they’re pretty common.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Hey, I have a quick question that I looked around for an answer for but couldn't come up with one. If a 3rd party website is having a sale on certain hotels including an Alila/Hyatt that I want to stay at, would I still be eligible for a BRG (the cancellation, or does the sale disqualify me? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by reggiekush
Hey, I have a quick question that I looked around for an answer for but couldn't come up with one. If a 3rd party website is having a sale on certain hotels including an Alila/Hyatt that I want to stay at, would I still be eligible for a BRG (the cancellation, or does the sale disqualify me? Thanks in advance.
A sale is fine as long as everything else matches including cancellation policy.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Approval e-mail received 19 minutes after submission.

Hyatt Place Tucson-Central
Found it ~$10 less on Agoda, went with the 5000 bonus points.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Matt4200
A sale is fine as long as everything else matches including cancellation policy.
Thankfully, they've loosened up on this lately.

A few years ago they were actually denying some claims if it said "sale" on the competing website, if you can believe it.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Thankfully, they've loosened up on this lately.

A few years ago they were actually denying some claims if it said "sale" on the competing website, if you can believe it.
Yeah had the same issue with Hilton, though nothing in either T&C of their BRG mentioning that exclusion.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 5:13 pm

Received an approval today but the rep used the original Hyatt rate when calculating the 20% off rate. Sent an email back requesting the correct adjustment, hope they can fix it because the third party rate is no longer available.

Last edited by babypuwet; Dec 13, 2020 at 6:56 pm
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Snaptravel

Any experiences using Snaptravel for BRGs?

It requires you to sign in via text message or messenger, but it often has lower rates vs Hyatt.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The BRG response time seems to have deteriorated drastically in the last few weeks - I've waited 4 days for my last claim (which I had forgotten about... otherwise I would have called). Of course it was rejected since, by the time they looked at it four days later, the rates had changed at both Hyatt.com and the OTA site!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
The BRG response time seems to have deteriorated drastically in the last few weeks - I've waited 4 days for my last claim (which I had forgotten about... otherwise I would have called). Of course it was rejected since, by the time they looked at it four days later, the rates had changed at both Hyatt.com and the OTA site!
I submitted two yesterday, both back (one approved) within a few hours. One stay was for Tuesday night so I was nervous - there's another thread floating around where some folks have noticed much slower turnaround times.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Sorry if this is mentioned before, but the hyatt website says I have to create the request within 24 hours of making my booking. It's probably been closer to 30 hours, is that going to make a difference in the validity of my request?

Still tried, Hotels.com had two lower rates for both my existing reservations.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BThumme
Sorry if this is mentioned before, but the hyatt website says I have to create the request within 24 hours of making my booking. It's probably been closer to 30 hours, is that going to make a difference in the validity of my request?

You need to cancel and rebook, then submit again newly booked reservation.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by BThumme

In my experience, hold Hyatt to its 24 hour turnaround. It's especially important when you get the inevitable rejection. Remind them the website says 'you will hear back within 24 hours' not that you might or that that's the aim.

Equally, though, it doesn't hurt to create a new claim or claims while still keeping the original.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.