Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 17, 19, 9:24 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: craigthemif
Wiki Link
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO .................................................. ..........

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

.................................................. ..........

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper View Post
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 16, 19, 12:05 pm
  #2896  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,396
Did anybody have success with a package rate (e.g. B&B), as the new T&Cs basically allow them:
“While most package rates are excluded from the (link: http://Hyatt.com) Hyatt.com Best Rate Guarantee, Hyatt reserves the right to honor a Claim based on a Competing Rate that includes an on-property benefit with monetary value that is not included in the room rate you booked on the Hyatt website if that Competing Rate is equal to or better than the room rate you booked on the Hyatt website“
peter42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 3:33 am
  #2897  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,396
Originally Posted by peter42 View Post
Did anybody have success with a package rate (e.g. B&B), as the new T&Cs basically allow them:
“While most package rates are excluded from the (link:
http://Hyatt.com) Hyatt.com Best Rate Guarantee, Hyatt reserves the right to honor a Claim based on a Competing Rate that includes an on-property benefit with monetary value that is not included in the room rate you booked on the Hyatt website if that Competing Rate is equal to or better than the room rate you booked on the Hyatt website“
I finally found it out myself, rates including BF are OK.
peter42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:51 pm
  #2898  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Programs: QF, 06, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 2,562
Has there been any change to how long after the successful stay is completed that the 5k (previously the voucher) posts or is received by email? For me, it used to be four days after check-out.
danger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 19, 7:55 am
  #2899  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Posts: 96
Is Hyatt BRG valid for competing rate on app/mobile site?
just got my claim rejected on the basis that the rate on Agoda.com is the same as Hyatt rate
anyway just send some screenshot for them to re review

teo1991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 19, 5:18 pm
  #2900  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 517
Took 3 or 4 days for my 5k points to post.

Agoda is notorious for adjusting prices bases on click-through and cookies; do you still get the lower price when you open Agoda from a fresh browser (incognito)? I've personally never had Agoda itself have a lower price, it was always a redirect from Kayak or so. Try instructing them to do exactly as you do and maybe they'll accept the BRG.
klanfa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:18 pm
  #2901  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by klanfa View Post
Took 3 or 4 days for my 5k points to post.

Agoda is notorious for adjusting prices bases on click-through and cookies; do you still get the lower price when you open Agoda from a fresh browser (incognito)? I've personally never had Agoda itself have a lower price, it was always a redirect from Kayak or so. Try instructing them to do exactly as you do and maybe they'll accept the BRG.
I did instruct them to go from kayak to Agoda even provided the Agoda link of the lower rate but they still couldn’t find it or rather didn’t want to find it seems

i did also told them that unless you give a firm denial reason, I will keep on trying within the 24 hour period until I succeed

Last edited by teo1991; Jul 11, 19 at 6:26 am
teo1991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:34 pm
  #2902  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 242
successful non-refundable BRG claim

I was eyeing a Grand Hyatt located in Asia and saw that the Hyatt rates were the same as 3rd party rates - all except for the non-refundable rate. Even with the Hyatt's current 20% promo, Agoda's non-refundable prepaid rate was still about 15% less than Hyatt's non-refundable prepaid rate. However, I didn't want to actually book Hyatt's non-refundable rate, because I didn't want to be stuck with it in the event the BRG was not approved

So, what I did was I booked Hyatt's standard refundable rate which was the same as the comparable rate on Agoda. Of course, this claim was not approved. What I did then was ask Hyatt BRG to look at Agoda's non-refundable rate (knowing that it was less than Hyatt's) and told them that this is rate that I wished to book.

Before Hyatt BRG booked the non-refundable Hyatt rate, they verified that Agoda's comparable non-refundable rate was indeed less. Thus, both Hyatt BRG and I knew that this claim would be approved before even processing it.

A little while later, I received an email from Hyatt BRG confirming the successful BRG claim with a rate that was 20% less than Agoda's non-refundable rate. In the end, the net was a rate that was about 30% less than Hyatt's originally published rate. I further applied a suite upgrade.

Last edited by cabrits; Today at 12:29 am
cabrits is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:55 pm
  #2903  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Posts: 1,256
Originally Posted by cabrits View Post
I was eyeing a Grand Hyatt located in Asia and saw that the Hyatt rates were the same as 3rd party rates - all except for the non-refundable rate. Even with the Hyatt's current 20% promo, Agoda's non-refundable prepaid rate was still about 15% less than Hyatt's non-refundable prepaid rate. However, I didn't want to actually book Hyatt's non-refundable rate, because I didn't want to be stuck with it in the event the BRG was not approved

So, what I did was I booked Hyatt's standard refundable rate which was the same as the comparable rate on Agoda. Of course, this claim was not approved. What I did then was ask Hyatt BRG to look at Agoda's non-refundable rate (knowing that it was less than Hyatt's) and told them that this is rate that I wished to book.

Before Hyatt BRG booked the non-refundable Hyatt rate, they verified that Agoda's comparable non-refundable rate was indeed less. Thus, both Hyatt BRG and I knew that this claim would be approved before even processing it.

A little while later, I received an email from Hyatt BRG confirming the successful BRG claim with a rate that was 20% less than Agoda's non-refundable rate. In the end, the net was a rate that was about 30% less than Hyatt's originally published rate. I further applied a suite upgrade.
Great strategy!

Are you saying after the original denial and conversation with Hyatt you went ahead and purchased the non-refundable rate and then filed a second claim, knowing it would be approved? Or was this all entirely orchestrated within the bounds of the original claim?

Congratulations!
BEAV is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread