Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:21 am

Denied for EasyClickTravel because "they only confirm with the hotel after you make the reservation."

C'mon Hyatt - it's right there in ECT's FAQ's... "immediately confirmed and guaranteed."

Seriously, I think they just immediately deny with one of the boilerplate responses and assume that 90% of requests will go away. I can't tell if it's smart or stupid.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nittany987
Denied for EasyClickTravel because "they only confirm with the hotel after you make the reservation."

C'mon Hyatt - it's right there in ECT's FAQ's... "immediately confirmed and guaranteed."

Seriously, I think they just immediately deny with one of the boilerplate responses and assume that 90% of requests will go away. I can't tell if it's smart or stupid.
Maybe give it another shot. At the moment easyclicktravel.com is on the okay list. It may have changed but it can't hurt to try. Resubmit it at a different time of day and you'll almost certainly get a different agent where you've got a good chance the agent will give a different response. It could still be no but they'll make up another reason. Worth a shot though I think.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Hyatt BRG team is just hopeless.

Now they reject claims saying "I cannot change language of the competing site to English so can't approve". Google guys who have developed Google Translator will not like this.

So sick and tired of their fraudulent excuse of 'membership' and now they try to be more creative. Simply it is way off the limit.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Hyatt BRG team is just hopeless.

Now they reject claims saying "I cannot change language of the competing site to English so can't approve". Google guys who have developed Google Translator will not like this.

So sick and tired of their fraudulent excuse of 'membership' and now they try to be more creative. Simply it is way off the limit.
Also fed up with the BRG. In fact, have started booking at SPG instead - their BRG seems much better at present. Hyatt - if you don't want to offer 20% off why not just agree to match the rate and give some HGP points?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:45 pm

Try, try, try again

Denied for HotelTravel based on it being a "membership site." Included in Hyatt's denial email was a quote from HotelTravel's terms and conditions. I could not find that provision in the site's terms and conditions, or any mention that a free membership is created upon booking. So, I called to contest that, but was told that the site is marked on Hyatt's system as ineligible and they can't do anything about that. I also argued that it was a non-membership rate, but they wouldn't budge. Based on my experience, there's a 0% chance of getting a BRG claim approved based on a HotelTravel rate.

However, I later found a cheaper rate than HotelTravel on the TripAdvisor mobile app (with getaroom as the OTA). Bizarrely, the rate is not available via the desktop version of TripAdvisor's website, or getaroom. Surprisingly, Hyatt approved this BRG claim based on an app screenshot ^ I was expecting they "wouldn't be able to confirm the rate," but was pleasantly surprised.

So, the DW and I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto for under $190 USD a night. Not bad.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:14 pm

Orbitz January 2016

Just signed up for the Hyatt credit card and thought I'd give the brand a try. Made my first BRG claim.

It ended up being partially denied a BRG claim from Orbitz. The hotel rate increased after I submitted the claim. Additionally, they would not allow the use of the 15% promotion code. It was just the same code that appears on Orbitz's main page and is available to the public.

Seems foolish since the claim form makes you attach a snapshot and list any promo code you used to secure the rate. Why have these fields if Hyatt is going to disregard them?

I asked for clarification and got no reply.

Luckily, I also booked a cancellable reservation with Orbitz.

All said and done, I'd still pay $400 more after Hyatt applied the 20% off to the increased rate vs just sticking with my original orbitz reservation. Why book with them direct?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:43 am

Please remove bookit.com from the OK list.
I have just been denied a BRG claim due to the site being a membership site.
Apparently it "creates" a membership when you book (although it doesn't state anywhere on the website, and it even states on the terms of use that "IF" a user decides to create an account...). After 3 escalations (associate - to their manager - and again to their manager) they certainly didn't budge.
I think it's a total scam and leaves a sour taste in your mouth. They should be consistent with their answers.
Oh and most of the time your screenshots don't even get attached and they don't bother with chasing them. They just choose to deny. Depending on how much you want this. Maybe not worth your time.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm getting closer and closer to lodging a complaint.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-3
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ryandk
SUCCESS!!!

After my BRG claim was denied, I called Hyatt. I didn't even have to ask for a supervisor; the agent looked on BookIt.com and found it wasn't necessary to be a 'member' to get the lower rate.

Grand Hyatt New York
Arrival Date: March 25, 2016
Departure Date: April 2, 2016
Occupancy: 2 adults
Room Type: Grand One King Room
Third Party Site: bookit.com
Third Party Rate: $232 (refundable)
Hyatt.com Rate: $270 Hyatt Daily Rate (refundable)
Approved adjusted rate: $186.47

Got a Junior Suite confirmed for 8 nights with a DSU certificate!
You definitely got lucky to redeem a DSU for 8 nights. I thought the max was 7 consecutive nights per DSU.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by danger
I'm getting closer and closer to lodging a complaint.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-3

I think you should!

Is there any hotel booking website where you can book a room and later modify or cancel your reservation without having either a user account at that website?

Having a user account seems to be considered a membership by Hyatt and excludes it from the BRG.

What Hyatt is doing is to use their own definitions of "membership" and of "publicly available" that are different from the standard or legal definitions, without making their definitions available. In my opinion this is misleading conduct.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Anyone have any experience with the BRG form in the last few days? Still taking close to the window?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
2 of my BRG's went missing for an upcoming Mexico stay. No record was found upon my follow up. Guessing these software issues are not helping Hyatt out right now. I cannot event get BRGs into the system to complain about them being denied haha
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: MPO, Aeroplan, SPG
Has Hyatt always limited file size when submitting proof of a lower rate? I've never had this problem before, but now it seems like 5mb is the max file size allowed.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Andaz San Diego
Arrival Date: February 26, 2016
Departure Date: February 28, 2016
Occupancy: 2 adults
Room Type: Andaz King
Third Party Site: prestigia.com
Third Party Rate: $249 (refundable)
Hyatt.com Rate: $279 Hyatt Daily Rate (refundable)
Approved adjusted rate: $204.27

Diamond Suite Night confirmed on top of it without issue after BRG approved.

Submitted @ 12:09pm
Replied @ 8:18am next day
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Dates: 4 nights in May 2016
Room Type: OBSERVATORY KING
Hyatt Price: 396 EUR/night hotel tax included.
Agoda.com Price: 365.09 EUR/night (387 EUR/night hotel tax included)
Adjusted Price: 309.6 EUR/night hotel tax included plus city tax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.