Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've just had two separate claims against amoma.com approved by two different agents.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've just been knocked back because the rate on hyatt.com is lower. But the lower rate is the HGP members' only rate.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
When filing a BRG Claim does the price of a room on a competitive website has to be lower than Hyatt's Daily Rate or lower than the "My Hyatt Rate"?

Since the "My Hyatt Rate" requires the guest to be an HGP member, it would not seem fair to compare it to a rate where the guest cannot be a member of a competitive website.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: A3Gold, LTGLOB WOH, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Amoma.com seems to be ended...

Comparing with amoma.com seems to be dead

Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the decision regarding Amoma.com.

Amoma.com has been re-evaluated recently. Because they automatically enroll our guests in a membership, it is no longer a valid website. This decision is very recent, and going forward we are no longer able to accept Best Rate Guarantee claims involving Amoma.com. Those posted in Flyertalk are likely claims that were processed prior to this decision.

If you would like to file a complaint regarding this decision, I encourage you to email [email protected]. I have also, preemptively, forwarded your comments to our management team.

Warmest regards,

Lydia Phillips
Global Contact Center - Omaha

unquote

it is getting smaller with the BRG
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Can someone sue Hyatt for blocking off Amoma? It seems almost always Amoma is cheaper than Hyatt at least IME.

Best Rate guarantee is false advertising if they block off Amoma, right?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Can someone sue Hyatt for blocking off Amoma? It seems almost always Amoma is cheaper than Hyatt at least IME.

Best Rate guarantee is false advertising if they block off Amoma, right?
I'm sure the T&Cs say something about allowing Hyatt to choose what rates qualify. Also, I bet a judge/jury would just say "If Amoma is cheaper, book through them".
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Thumbs down

Dear Yul_voyager,

I am excited to hear of your desire to stay with us and your interest in our Best Rate Guarantee program. After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on Amoma.com automatically enrolling guests in a membership program.

Per their FAQ section:

How do I create an account on your website? Your account is created automatically upon confirmation of your first booking on our website. The user name and the password will be sent to you by email to the address specified during the booking process.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
They should exclude any website which charges in USD, EUR and CAD, any website finishing by .com and any website on which you need a credit card to pay. We may save some time...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:20 pm

I'm sure they regularly review all the sites which get a lot of approved BRG and try to find some way to make it ineligible.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:10 pm

Good day guys

Just wondering what would be the easiest way to pricematch in my situation? I’ve already had success pricematching and received confirmation it has been given the thumbs up. However I’ve now noticed Orbitz and the Hotels website is giving an even more attractive rate for me to pricematch on.

Can I still pricematch after I have been successful on a pricematch?

The issue is it’s been over 24 hours – over a week in fact. Should I make another booking on the Hyatt website and do a pricematch on that?

I also don’t want to risk losing my original successful pricematch just in case it doesn’t go through.

Thanks for the help guys
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by randyjones
Good day guys

Just wondering what would be the easiest way to pricematch in my situation? I’ve already had success pricematching and received confirmation it has been given the thumbs up. However I’ve now noticed Orbitz and the Hotels website is giving an even more attractive rate for me to pricematch on.

The issue is it’s been over 24 hours – over a week in fact. Should I make another booking on the Hyatt website and do a pricematch on that?

I also don’t want to risk losing my original successful pricematch just in case it doesn’t go through.

Thanks for the help guys
Yes, do a new claim. Simply forget about your existing reservation that has been matched and go about making a new reservation on Hyatt and then submit a new BRG claim.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:52 pm

Hi but wouldn't that cause any issue as I've already have another reservation under same name, dates, hotel??

Has anyone faced a situation where they could explain the situation with the hyatt team and get a better price instead of making a brand new reservation?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi but wouldn't that cause any issue as I've already have another reservation under same name, dates, hotel??

Has anyone faced a situation where they could explain the situation with the hyatt team and get a better price instead of making a brand new reservation?
No, you can make multiple reservations at the same hotel for the same dates in your name. There's no issue with that (only with how many rooms will earn Gold Passport points). Certainly two rooms in your name will not draw any attention whatsoever.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:06 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by danger
No, you can make multiple reservations at the same hotel for the same dates in your name. There's no issue with that (only with how many rooms will earn Gold Passport points). Certainly two rooms in your name will not draw any attention whatsoever.
Probably a better alternative, making a new reservation to submit the new BRG, than to explain that now there is a better price on an existing BRG reservation. That would probably cause confusion.

With the new reservation, if the claim is denied, at least you'll have the old reservation to use, or cancelled if the new claim is approved.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:50 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Good day guys

Thanks for the help guys
You said there is a better rate on the Hotel's website. So just book that without even having to worry about a claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.