Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you cant solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of Consumer Affairs and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:16 pm

And here is the next email I received after I sent a PDF via email:

Thank you very much for your email Mr. Waite. I have completed both of your claims. The screenshot that you have submitted for the Hyatt Regency Vancouver is offering you a standard guest room with two double beds. This is not a room available on hyatt.com. The claim for the Hyatt Vancouver is denied. I was able to approve your claim for the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress arriving 6/23/15.
I'm not sure what the difference between a "standard guest room with two double beds" and what I reserved "Two Double Beds", but apparently there is a difference....
----
http://singleflyer.com
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hyatt Zilara Cancun

Found a rate that was just slightly lower on Priceline and they matched plus 20% off on the first try. Used PDF but I see others having issues there.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by awaite01
And here is the next email I received after I sent a PDF via email:

I'm not sure what the difference between a "standard guest room with two double beds" and what I reserved "Two Double Beds", but apparently there is a difference....
----
I would just try again. I had a claim approved for a "Double Room" at the HR Vancouver.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I would just try again. I had a claim approved for a "Double Room" at the HR Vancouver.
Thanks, I just resubmitted it. Will let you know what happens.
-----
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:42 am

Grand Hyatt Dallas Fort Worth

Grand Hyatt Dallas

Claim rejected because the "King Room" available on the Hyatt site is a "deluxe King room" and not available on other booking sites.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by msc25
Grand Hyatt Dallas

Claim rejected because the "King Room" available on the Hyatt site is a "deluxe King room" and not available on other booking sites.

Any suggestions?
No, because "King" and "Deluxe King" are completely different room types. If you are not seeing the standard King on Hyatt.com, then no dice.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:36 pm

I tried again... this was their response this time:

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on the third party rate being within 1% currency conversion. Please see below for the details of your claim and the rates we located in researching your claim.
Not sure what this means...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
When converted to the local currency of the hotel in question, was the competing rate cheaper by less than 1%? If so, then the claim will be denied as Hyatt gives itself (fairly in my opinion) a 1% buffer due to constant fluctuations and differences in currency calculations from one website to the next.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msc25
Grand Hyatt Dallas

Any suggestions?
Check on hyatt.com for all of the different rate types such as Double Your Points. Sometimes you can find the standard king buried away somewhere and so you can speculatively book that. (assuming it's a flexible rate you find)

You can then re-do the BRG form referencing a reservation you've already made.

If you can't find the standard king anywhere, you're out of luck...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Here's a fun one for the collection. BRG rejected at Park Hyatt Hamburg as the matched rate was deemed to be a package rate.

In a fit of unbridled enthusiasm the third party site included such hyperbole as book with us and receive free bottled water, wifi, daily newspaper etc- standard items included in every room.

Nevertheless this was classified as a package and claim rejected.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Property: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Rate used: Hyatt Daily Rate
Price on Hyatt.com: 229 CAD
Price on AMOMA.com: 136.56 CAD
Price adjusted: 112.70 CAD [Email sent that the rate is off by 3$/night]
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:24 am

I tried again... this was their response this time:

What are the details? What site are you matching from? I found great rates using Amoma
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:31 pm

What are the details? What site are you matching from? I found great rates using Amoma
I am looking at May 14-16, 2015. I am trying a third time with the Amoma quote.

If someone wants to check out those dates and help, it would be much appreciated!!

----
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I am looking at May 14-16, 2015. I am trying a third time with the Amoma quote.

If someone wants to check out those dates and help, it would be much appreciated!!

----
Maybe you give them a call and clarify what the problem is with the Amoma because everybody else seems to have no issues whatsoever with them as far as the BRG is concerned.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Perhaps the staff are having a long weekend.

Hour 0: submitted claim
24 hours after claim: no response
45 hours after first claim: resubmitted claim
69 hours after first claim (24 hours after claim resubmitting): still nothing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.