Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Class Action lawsuit Hyatt Long Beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M

Slave drivers. Hope they don't spit in the ranch dressing.

http://launionaflcio.org/fullstory/2...tt-Long-Beach/

Last edited by peteropny; May 8, 2009 at 5:57 pm Reason: fix link
Old May 8, 2009, 7:05 pm

Wow, Blast from the past!!!

You're still alive diva????
Old May 8, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Good information for me to know. Thanks for the link.
Old May 8, 2009, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I was in London for three years and now back in Southern California. I was really able to curtail my travel which was a blessing, but it looks like the dragon needs to be fed........

I was amused in the first thread I opened in years to see that some things never change. People are still waiting for the Hyatt affinity card!
Old May 8, 2009, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

For some reason, right now the full story won't load for me, but the summary page does:

http://launionaflcio.org/summary/news/
Old May 8, 2009, 8:41 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by divaof travel
I was amused in the first thread I opened in years to see that some things never change. People are still waiting for the Hyatt affinity card!
Yes, Flyertalk is like an on-going interactive soap opera for travelers! Things get rehashed endlessly, and you can miss years at a time but can still jump right back in without missing a beat.
Old May 8, 2009, 11:13 pm

Yeah I was in London for three years and now back in Southern California. I was really able to curtail my travel which was a blessing, but it looks like the dragon needs to be fed........
Welcome back!!! Good thing you've got that Lifetime Diamond, you'll be able to jump right back in as a Diamond. Not sure if you read the threads from about a month ago, but for possibly the first time in the history of a Frequent Flyer/Stay program, Hyatt announced program "enhancements" about 5 weeks ago that were actually that, just enhancements with no actual devaluation. ^ I'm still shocked to this day that something like this could actually happen, and still waiting for the other shoe to drop but it hasn't yet. ^ The main change is that there are no capacity controls on award nights anymore. Hyatt got rid of them to compete with SPG, and more recently Hilton and Marriott who got rid of their capacity controls. IC/PC is the only large chain now to still have capacity controls on their award nights. Also, Diamonds now get 4 CONFIRMED-IN-ADVANCE Suite upgrade certs per year (each good for up to SEVEN days) on any paid rate, free internet, and the Diamond breakfast benefit was upgraded from continental to full......!!!!!!! Not too shabby! Oh yeah, we supposedly get our own elite check-in line as well.

Originally Posted by sy7
Yes, Flyertalk is like an on-going interactive soap opera for travelers! Things get rehashed endlessly, and you can miss years at a time but can still jump right back in without missing a beat.
Ain't that the truth!!!

Last edited by gregorygrady; May 8, 2009 at 11:20 pm Reason: Added one more new benefit.........
Old May 9, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Wow, can you point me to the threads that discuss these benefits? Hyatt certainly did not let me know.....
Old May 9, 2009, 1:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Wow, can you point me to the threads that discuss these benefits? Hyatt certainly did not let me know.....
Here you go - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ancements.html
Old May 10, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
wow you have been on since June 2003 and don't know how to find the threads

amazing

especially since others get ostracized for asking similar questions
Old May 10, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Welcome Back. I was wondering where you went to a couple years back. It was like you dropped off the planet. Well, at least the Hyatt forum.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:43 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts

amazing

I've been on even longer and I can't find threads anymore either. The Internet Brands search mechanism is totally unusable. I think if you check, you'll see that plenty of folks recognize that and the "ostracisim" you refer to is a lot less frequent because of that.
Old May 10, 2009, 6:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Heck I can't find threads either
Old May 11, 2009, 5:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'll be the first to rip on the search function on FT but my first search found the thread
Old May 11, 2009, 2:37 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts

amazing

The Hyatt board has always been a very friendly place and as far as I can tell, there has never been this “ostracism” here. Plus, diva is a long-time member .

Also, as others have mentioned, it isn’t as though search would easily pull up the thread unless you know the exact keywords to use, and if you have no idea about how the new enhancements were being marketed (eg not having read the board the past couple weeks) you wouldn’t know the keywords to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.