Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Won a Free Night

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:31 pm

I am just waiting for the notification e-mail...
Old Apr 9, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I won free night too! Thanks Hyatt......... ^^
Old Apr 9, 2009, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
I've gotten a rock
That makes (at least) two of us! They may see my four reservations in the next 3 weeks as a negative.

Regardless to my poor performance in this contest, congrats to all FTers who have already won, posted here or not.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by peteropny
I've gotten a rock
Rats. Don't kick the football Charlie Brown! (lol -- I hope this is the right reference).
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
nOOOOO

no free night here!

and we are 4 (!) GP members ...
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by csufabel
That makes (at least) two of us! They may see my four reservations in the next 3 weeks as a negative.

Regardless to my poor performance in this contest, congrats to all FTers who have already won, posted here or not.
Hmmm, you may be right. I have 8 nights at two Hyatts booked within the next 3 months and perhaps that's working against me. What do you think, should I cancel my reservations and see if it makes a difference? Both locations have Sheratons nearby and they would suit me just as well.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gibbersome
Hmmm, you may be right. I have 8 nights at two Hyatts booked within the next 3 months and perhaps that's working against me. What do you think, should I cancel my reservations and see if it makes a difference? Both locations have Sheratons nearby and they would suit me just as well.
I don't think it matters, as I have several reservations in the next few weeks, and I won. Be patient and GOOD LUCK.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
When does this sweepstake end?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:25 pm

Mrs HOKK won 1 night, hoping I will be the next
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Ts and Cs say:

Daily prize winners will be randomly selected each Monday from among all eligible entries received during the previous week during the Promotion Period (12:01 a.m. Central Time ("CDT") on April 2, 2009 and 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 13, 2009). Potential Daily Prize winners will be notified via email approximately one (1) business day following winner selection.

For some reason, I thought we could only enter once, and that our entry would be carried forward. Does this mean we need to enter each week?

Edited to add: I just tried to enter again, and got this message. Sorry! Our records indicate that you have already entered this promotion. Does this mean I've lost my opportunity to win, since I didn't win last week?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tinnub
I don't think it matters, as I have several reservations in the next few weeks, and I won. Be patient and GOOD LUCK.
It must not matter because I have no nights booked and I haven't won ...

new mantra: be patient, be patient, be patient, be...........
Old Apr 11, 2009, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
It must not matter because I have no nights booked and I haven't won ...

new mantra: be patient, be patient, be patient, be...........
Lol, well as silly as it sounds I thought there might be some merit to it. On another forum, 6 of the 7 people who won a free night had no reservations planned in the near future.

However, it's a low sample size and there are many more people without reservations than there are with them.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:24 pm

Lol, well as silly as it sounds I thought there might be some merit to it. On another forum, 6 of the 7 people who won a free night had no reservations planned in the near future.
Damn, did this make it to FatWallet and SlickDeals? There goes our decent shot at winning anything. Too bad the T&Cs didn't limit winners to people who have had at least 1 previous stay at a Hyatt property . Although that's probably against Sweepstakes rules or something, they all have to be open to everybody, don't they?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Damn, did this make it to FatWallet and SlickDeals? There goes our decent shot at winning anything. Too bad the T&Cs didn't limit winners to people who have had at least 1 previous stay at a Hyatt property . Although that's probably against Sweepstakes rules or something, they all have to be open to everybody, don't they?
Yep, they can't ask you to purchase something, that's why you often see "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY" in the rules and regulations of sweepstakes. Also, "ALL ADVERTISED PRIZES MUST BE AVAILABLE TO BE WON!"

Interestingly, sweepstakes in Canada and several European countries require entrants to solve a mathematical puzzle, making it a contest of skill, in order to overcome requirements that would classify sweepstakes as a form of gambling. That's why you see similar provisions for Canadians in this contest as well.

I think Hyatt's primary purpose with this sweepstakes was to invite new members to join, and join they have! Requiring a night's stay would turn off many sweep players, but would have been great for their existing Gold Passport members.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow's drawing!

Last edited by gibbersome; Apr 12, 2009 at 10:10 pm Reason: Good luck!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Ts and Cs say:

Daily prize winners will be randomly selected each Monday from among all eligible entries received during the previous week during the Promotion Period (12:01 a.m. Central Time ("CDT") on April 2, 2009 and 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 13, 2009). Potential Daily Prize winners will be notified via email approximately one (1) business day following winner selection.

For some reason, I thought we could only enter once, and that our entry would be carried forward. Does this mean we need to enter each week?

Edited to add: I just tried to enter again, and got this message. Sorry! Our records indicate that you have already entered this promotion. Does this mean I've lost my opportunity to win, since I didn't win last week?
Yes I find these details very hard to comprehend.
I also tried to do a new entry early morn monday and its still saying I have already entered.
also It seems to read that there will be daily prize winners-then says EACH MONDAY meaning once a week
can people please tell us when they actually are informed so we know its daily and not weekly.
because I am seeing people being told all thru the week
can GP concierge please answer some of these questions for us.
Im very confused

as they say in Boston Legal
its all a lot of JIBBER JABBER.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.