Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Still one of my favourite Hyatt's in North America!

Urbane has the best breakfast ever. I dream about the crab eggs benedict at night lol... Haven't received anything less than a luxury suite. Govenors suite a few times and presidential once.

I'll stay here over the GH everytime. Have eaten brunch and dinner at the steakhouse in GH which is also nice but the rooms are more dated IMO and has more of a business hotel while Olive 8 is trendier and chic.
No wonder you like this place so much. I stay here about 6 times per year since it opened. The first year it opened I received a complementary suite. Since then I think I have had a suite 3 times, using DSU. I stayed here twice this year as a globalist, and no suites. Currently holding a reservation for November and also one in December, and no confirmable suites available for my Nov/Dec at this time.

I prefer the Grand Hyatt, as there is a lovely Regency Club, and I generally get suites as a Diamond, and this year as a Globalist too. The Grand is a little more old school, but feels more "grand" then the modern Olive 8.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cmanc
Does any know whether you get comp. parking at Olive8 for Globalists on award stay?
I doubt it, as they use (in the years I stayed there, until 2016) a non hotel owned car park. Happy to be corrected if not the case in charging you.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I had stays in GH and O8 and I much preferred GH.

Both stays were excellent really, I just liked the GH better.

The condition of the room at O8 was just not really the tip top condition that I am used to with Hyatt. What I did not like with O8 was the room had some small gap in the carpet and also there were water stains on various of the wood surfaces. I also did not like how the in-room safe opened out into the room, and liked that feature even less when I mistakenly bent down to unpack something with the safe open and knocked my head on the bottom of the open safe door as I moved back up.

The GH room seemed to be larger, had a much better view (of the bay), and the quality of all fixtures was far superior.

On dollars, the O8 was about $180 a night less than the GH, but both cost the same amount of points. So using points, the GH is the way to go. But if I were using money, I would certainly select the cheaper O8.

Again both stays were excellent, the GH was just, more excellent.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Recent 4 night stay. Used 3 nights P+C and one free night award. I was able to tweet the @HyattConcierge prior to my stay and apply a TSU. I was surprised that I was able to apply the TSU with only 1-2 weeks notice so I think I was lucky.

Nice corner suite on the 14th floor. King bed in one room and had a rollaway bed brought in for my teenage son in the other room. The rollaway charge was an additional $15 per day. The Globalist breakfast benefit in the restaurant worked really well. They set the spend limit at $26.50 per person which was about right. We went over on a few days so the extra amount showed up on the bill at checkout. We also were able to grab and go items from the Market pantry as well and use the same breakfast credit. I like having the two breakfast options depending on our schedule.

The hotel and our room was really very good. The suite was very large and its always nice to have a separate living area from the bedroom and bathroom. I parked in a different parking lot as the Olive 8 charges $55/night. I was able to get ramp parking for $96 for our entire stay with in-out privileges about 4 blocks away.

I've read on a different thread that people were having trouble applying a TSU to a reservation that is made up of cash (or P+C in my case) and free night award. That was not an issue for me and using Twitter was super convenient.

Overall, a wonderful stay. Next trip to Seattle I think I'll try the new HR in Renton on Lake Washington just for kicks but would not hesitate to come back to Olive 8 at any time in the future. Seems like P+C rooms are readily available as well...
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:38 am

recent stay

I've stayed at the Olive 8 twice in the last couple of months. First stay was paid. Most recent was using free night awards. I have not stayed at the Grand Hyatt Seattle, so I can't compare to it. However, in and of itself, my stays at Olive 8 were absolutely delightful.

There is excellent elite recognition at Olive 8. On both stays, I was upgraded to a corner suite with several floor (almost) to ceiling windows. Bathroom was nice. Gym was nice. As Diamond / Globalist, I was given $26.50 credit per person for breakfast at the restaurant, which as others have commented, had absolutely amazing dishes. Alternatively, the same credit could also be used at the lobby coffee shop. Valet parking was comped.

The Grand Hyatt Seattle is just 1/2 a block away, so I strolled in to check it out. It definitely is larger and has a true lobby and more of a business-like feel to it. Incidentally, the Philadelphia Eagles were staying there for their game against the Seahawks last weekend, so there were lots of police around the property.

I'd have no hesitation and in fact would thoroughly enjoy staying at Olive 8 on future visits to Seattle. But maybe just to check it out, I might throw in a stay at the Grand Hyatt as well..
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cabrits
I've stayed at the Olive 8 twice in the last couple of months. First stay was paid. Most recent was using free night awards. I have not stayed at the Grand Hyatt Seattle, so I can't compare to it. However, in and of itself, my stays at Olive 8 were absolutely delightful.

There is excellent elite recognition at Olive 8. On both stays, I was upgraded to a corner suite with several floor (almost) to ceiling windows. Bathroom was nice. Gym was nice. As Diamond / Globalist, I was given $26.50 credit per person for breakfast at the restaurant, which as others have commented, had absolutely amazing dishes. Alternatively, the same credit could also be used at the lobby coffee shop. Valet parking was comped.

The Grand Hyatt Seattle is just 1/2 a block away, so I strolled in to check it out. It definitely is larger and has a true lobby and more of a business-like feel to it. Incidentally, the Philadelphia Eagles were staying there for their game against the Seahawks last weekend, so there were lots of police around the property.

I'd have no hesitation and in fact would thoroughly enjoy staying at Olive 8 on future visits to Seattle. But maybe just to check it out, I might throw in a stay at the Grand Hyatt as well..
I go back and forth between the two properties to mix things up. I do like the Regency Club at the Grand Hyatt as a place to relax at the end of the day. But I like the vibe better at Olive 8 and the breakfast awesomeness.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I doubt it, as they use (in the years I stayed there, until 2016) a non hotel owned car park. Happy to be corrected if not the case in charging you.
I have called as I am staying 6 nights on points and they said valet was comped.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
I have called as I am staying 6 nights on points and they said valet was comped.
We stayed a few nights in september and valet was comped when we got the bill.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:36 pm

Thinking about staying here with my family of 4 over the summer. Does anyone know if the Explorist Club Access Award has any benefits here? Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Thinking about staying here with my family of 4 over the summer. Does anyone know if the Explorist Club Access Award has any benefits here? Thanks!
Doubt so. They don't have a club, so the club access award can't be used here.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
Doubt so. They don't have a club, so the club access award can't be used here.
That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
GH across the street has a club, but no restaurant.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Stayed here 3 nights recently.. a couple observations:

I like the design of the shower, where the controls are not directly underneath the showerhead.. so you can turn on the water and not get blasted by the initial cold spray.
Bed wasn't very comfortable and pillows were a bit wimpy, to be honest.
My favorite part was the pool/sauna area with a proper locker room. Dry sauna, wet sauna, jacuzzi, showers were great.
Great location as well.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:36 am

My friend commented that this just isn't as nice as the Grand Hyatt. And I would agree.
What's up with low-flow showerheads? Nothing special about the room. Hotel doesn't seem fancy or nice, just new (as it is).

As for location, there is no point comparing locations as they are literally a block within each other.

If you want to get $26 for breakfast, and make your choice based on that (for Diamonds) then sure, but you can also eat at Urbane if you don't stay here and just pay the bill.

Grand Hyatt is much nicer, more luxurious, lounge is nice but food selection leaves much to be desired (and taste, as in it doesn't necessarily taste good).
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Staying here now... they have a green choice program to decline housekeeping and receive points. Does anyone know how many points per night it is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.