Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Again, I've never once been in a Hyatt that has one of those (and yes, they're called minibars).
I have been to several; recently in fact. Park Hyatt New York and Hyatt Regency Tokyo among them.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I have been to several; recently in fact. Park Hyatt New York and Hyatt Regency Tokyo among them.
PH NY confirmed! I should have taken a picture of the menu card and the prices, it was crazy.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Thanks for the info and corrections. I legitimately thought that no non-Andaz Hyatt had a minibar, as I've never encountered one in my several dozen Hyatt experiences. Of course, I've never stayed at the PH New York (Herald Square and the Andazes are good enough for me) or any FS Hyatt outside the Lower 48.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:22 pm

This hotel was perfectly fine. Urbane might have been the stand-out thing for us as Diamond members. Great breakfast. No diamond recognition beyond welcome amenity.

Memorial day weekend left the hotel short on inventory for upgrades.

I think the hotel is in a great location with a decent value. I don't think I would spend $300/nt to stay here though.

The furnishings were okay. I left the hotel feeling like it could have been any Sheraton, Westin, etc.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Hyatt @ Olive 8 is in a good location with a more 'boutiquey' feel than the GH. Staff is friendly, pool/spa/gym areas are nice. There is no lounge so breakfast is at Urbane which we found very good. As Diamonds, most of the bill was removed on checkout - not sure why it wasn't the entire amount as it was under the total allowed but not worth bringing up.

Staff all around friendly and responsive to any requests, however there wasn't any out of the ordinary Diamond recognition or upgrade offered by FDS, but we were upgraded to a corner king upon polite request. All in all a very pleasant stay for <$200
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:30 pm

Just spent 3 nights at the Olive 8 last weekend, on cash and points. I had applied a diamond suite upgrade and requested the suite to be connected to the 2nd room that I booked. We were so surprised that the suite was so huge, the living room has so much space. The staff was wonderful and up the breakfast to 4 people per room, which we could never used up. Every penny of the breakfast that we ordered for room service was taken off the bill at checkout, even the lunch we had on the last day. Food at Urban was quite good, especially the home fry (potatoes) and the beet salad. Concierge was fantastic and reserved a limo to pick us up from airport since the flight ended up arriving at midnight after 5 hour delay. Loved our stay and won't hesitate to recommend it.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
How big is the breakfast credit for diamond members?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
How big is the breakfast credit for diamond members?
About $26 pp. Covers ordering upto any main item off the menu, coffee etc., and tip
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:26 pm

Have a stay coming up around Labor Day, any updates/stays post WoH here?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Been upgraded a few times to luxury king suites post woh rollout.

Not it a ton of suites here tho. Would advise GH if you are looking for comp suite upgrades.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:51 pm

What is this like as an Explorist?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:58 am

Does any know whether you get comp. parking at Olive8 for Globalists on award stay?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmanc
Does any know whether you get comp. parking at Olive8 for Globalists on award stay?
Isnt that a new benefit for globalists?

I sure hope it's waived for you. I just checked out yesterday and the $55 parking added to an already expensive $360 night stay just stings.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:17 pm

Stayed here last week. Got great AAA rate. Was expecting something a little more wow from the glowing reviews here, but it got the job done for sure.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Still one of my favourite Hyatt's in North America!

Urbane has the best breakfast ever. I dream about the crab eggs benedict at night lol... Haven't received anything less than a luxury suite. Govenors suite a few times and presidential once.

I'll stay here over the GH everytime. Have eaten brunch and dinner at the steakhouse in GH which is also nice but the rooms are more dated IMO and has more of a business hotel while Olive 8 is trendier and chic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.