Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
I have the Diamond Coupon which I will scan and upload for you all next week when I get back to the UK. I have emailed Hyatt Customer Service and await a reply.
Even though the coupon may say "Continental", you can order whatever you want on the menu.

Olive 8 on facebook just confirmed that the Diamond breakfast is still a full breakfast.

This rumor can be put to bed thank goodness.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
This is great news, indeed. But if I were Markie with card in hand and not much heavier as a result, and others who have encountered the policy until today, would I consider it a "rumor"? Perhaps, at best, a "mistake". Think there will be a rather large points distribution amongst the above?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Pew, Thanks God!

This property has an excellent breakfast and services
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:11 pm

Now that the breakfast situation has been worked out, does anyone know what type of suite the Diamond suite upgrade certificate books into?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kenbo
Now that the breakfast situation has been worked out, does anyone know what type of suite the Diamond suite upgrade certificate books into?
Last year it was called Luxury Suite - but now it's called Luxury King - http://olive8.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels...ocale=&start=6 .
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Last year it was called Luxury Suite - but now it's called Luxury King - http://olive8.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels...ocale=&start=6 .
Thanks! Based on the description, it sounds like these are even bigger than the ones you get at the Grand Hyatt Seattle.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have an email this morning from the hotel explaining that they some old certificates in use which specify Continental Breakfast and that this is how the confusion occurred with me.

I've made some suggestions about how they could prevent a repeat of this error.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Was given the "mistake" certificate this week and when I asked if it was really just continental as it says, I was told it was for full breakfast - to sign for it and it would be removed from my bill.

4 other service failures in the stay (lied to about corner room avail, diamond amenity never came, no Crest in either room, Nor4 offer at spa never mentioned, etc.) not impressed compared to my prior visit. Not sure if they have downgraded the hotel's management or have new management, or this all was just a fluke? but if I were Hyatt I'd be a bit embarrassed.

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Oct 4, 2011 at 12:06 am
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Was given the "mistake" certificate this week and when I asked if it was really just continental as it says, I was told it was for full breakfast - to sign for it and it would be removed from my bill.

3 other service failures in the stay (lied to about corner room avail, diamond amenity never came, no Crest in either room, Nor4 offer at spa never mentioned, etc.) not impressed compared to my prior visit. Not sure if they have downgraded the hotel's management or have new management, or this all was just a fluke? but if I were Hyatt I'd be a bit embarrassed.
agreed! delicate economic conditions...not the time to be spoofing customers!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
UPDATE:

Breakfast was a non-issue; I ordered a full breakfast and was given a zeroed out bill ($24) to sign. Great breakfast by the way.

Upon checkout they asked about my stay. I asked do you really want to know, I have a list? They said yes, took notes to a list that grew since the post below. The Agent apologized and asked to see my email confirming the eStandby spa offer. She also made things right on the spot and I have a very nice enticement to return. I left satisfied. I will return.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney

4 other service failures in the stay (lied to about corner room avail, diamond amenity never came, no Crest in either room, Nor4 offer at spa never mentioned, etc.) not impressed compared to my prior visit. Not sure if they have downgraded the hotel's management or have new management, or this all was just a fluke? but if I were Hyatt I'd be a bit embarrassed.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Even though the coupon may say "Continental", you can order whatever you want on the menu.
In fact, they don't have a continental breakfast on the menu -- so you can't have it even if you want it

http://www.urbaneseattle.com/food-wi...kfast-menu.php
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Have not been here for about 2 yrs. But plan to return with family. Anyone know if there is a cap ($ or guest) for the breakfast? When I was there in the past, I was always alone. Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Have not been here for about 2 yrs. But plan to return with family. Anyone know if there is a cap ($ or guest) for the breakfast? When I was there in the past, I was always alone. Thanks!
I was there in December. My breakfast voucher said it was good for 4 people. It was just me and my wife.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:49 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I spent 3 days there this weekend. 4 people at breakfast ordering multiple meals and entrees. The waitress said only 4 entrees and drinks would be comped and I charged a bill to the room, but at checkout, all breakfast charges were comped.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I spent 3 days there this weekend. 4 people at breakfast ordering multiple meals and entrees. The waitress said only 4 entrees and drinks would be comped and I charged a bill to the room, but at checkout, all breakfast charges were comped.
Wow, multiple meals and entrees.

Talk about abusing the benefit.

These types are exact proof of how Diamond benefits may retract.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.