Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Markie
Since my stay in 2010, they have downgraded the Diamond Breakfast to being Continental Breakfast only.

Whilst the hotel has given me a high floor (14) the room is not upgraded from what I booked.
I would refer them to the GP T&Cs, specifically item 5 under Diamond Membership:
5. In Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid at Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites.
Emphasis mine.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by missydarlin
are you here right now? If so, thanks for bringing the nice weather
Yes, just tonight!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Since my stay in 2010, they have downgraded the Diamond Breakfast to being Continental Breakfast only.

Whilst the hotel has given me a high floor (14) the room is not upgraded from what I booked.

The breakfast is now against Hyatt T&Cs!!!!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

Tipping the scale further in the Grand's favor. Its lounge offering is much better than that. This and the world-class view -- no contest anymore. But at least we know, thanks to you and FlyerTalk. Shame, I did like the Olive 8's breakfast a lot.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Stayed here last weekend and had the same breakfast issues Markie describes. They are now very specific about the continental breakfast for 2. This was a rotten stay (the second in a row at this property); we arrived at 2.30p and had to wait around the lobby until 5.30p for our room to be ready; we would have left and wandered around but were given the "just half an hour" line by staff. Several more service failures, and no apparent desire to rectify them. GM was not available to discuss service or breakfast issues. I'll be contacting him in writing and will not stay here again.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
Stayed here last weekend and had the same breakfast issues Markie describes. They are now very specific about the continental breakfast for 2. This was a rotten stay (the second in a row at this property); we arrived at 2.30p and had to wait around the lobby until 5.30p for our room to be ready; we would have left and wandered around but were given the "just half an hour" line by staff. Several more service failures, and no apparent desire to rectify them. GM was not available to discuss service or breakfast issues. I'll be contacting him in writing and will not stay here again.
Horrible news about the downgrade in breakfast benefit especially if they are now in clear violation of Diamond benefits. This will be a deal breaker for me staying here in the future. Hope they come to their senses.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Horrible news about the downgrade in breakfast benefit especially if they are now in clear violation of Diamond benefits. This will be a deal breaker for me staying here in the future. Hope they come to their senses.
As much as I've been wanting to check out the Olive 8, unless they fix this, I may avoid this property as well.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Ambassador
Interesting. I stayed here twice over the summer in mid-July (3 nights) and late August (2 nights). During our stays we were allowed to order absolutely anything off the menu for breakfast every day. All we had to do was sign the bill and present our voucher and everything was taken off before checkout. Were my experiences there two months ago a fluke?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by wudaokouan
Interesting. I stayed here twice over the summer in mid-July (3 nights) and late August (2 nights). During our stays we were allowed to order absolutely anything off the menu for breakfast every day. All we had to do was sign the bill and present our voucher and everything was taken off before checkout. Were my experiences there two months ago a fluke?
Not a fluke since I experienced the same as you last October. Seems like the reports are a pretty recent change.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:08 am

Damn. I was most excited about the comments on the breakfast here.

Been trying to get into the Grand Hyatt for my stay but the BRG process is terrible
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Not a fluke since I experienced the same as you last October. Seems like the reports are a pretty recent change.
Yes, my last stay departing 8/30 included full breakfast.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond
I just gave a call to Olive 8, the front desk said the policy hasn't changed since she has been there(don't know how long). She said you can order one entree and one drink, but when I asked if we could order more, she said "I suppose you could". I'm going to Seattle next month and I'm not sure how this will be handled...

was the full breakfast before where you could order anything(no limit) off the menu?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:19 am

Well, I have a 2 night stay here in the middle of November. Hopefully this is a fluke, or if so, any violation of Diamond benefits is at least rectified and brought up to standards.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Seems to me the only advantage of the Olive 8 over the Grand now is the swimming pool. And Grand guests have the privilege of using it (1/2 block away) anyway, correct?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have the Diamond Coupon which I will scan and upload for you all next week when I get back to the UK. I have emailed Hyatt Customer Service and await a reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.