Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2001, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA PE, AA, CO, Hertz President's Club, Starwood, Hyatt GP, HHonors, Fairmont, Marriott...
I have stayed twice at this property within the last year (most recently early June). The first time was in Sept. 00. We stayed a whole week with my husband for free, on points. The most recent stay our rate came out to about $410, all taxes included.

The most recent stay was with my in laws, who generally stay at either the Meurice, the Ritz or Crillon when in Paris. They were quite satisfied with the Hyatt and had no complaints. I was ready to hear them say "at the Crillon this, at the Ritz that" but nothing of the sort came out. In fact, I heard them say they thought the room (which had a high ceiling) was very big for a Parisian hotel.

On both occasions, our rooms were huge, the bathrooms had a tub and separate shower, there was some sort of goodie there for us or sent up to us, and as a GP Platinum I was able to treat everyone to breakfast. Upon arrival on both stays we were treated to a free lunch or coffee with pastries (depending on when we arrived). The staff knew our names and were very accommodating with our requests. The restaurant is quite good if you don't feel like going out, they had the best strawberries I have ever tasted.

I found the location very good, within walking distance of a ton of fun boutiques, good and great restaurants, Rue Faubourg, the Louvre, Rue Royale, etc.

Is it expensive? Well, compared to what. You can't expect a cheap room in a nice hotel in a good part of town...doesn't happen in New York or in San Francisco. They may be recalcitrant in doing special rates/upgrades, but the fact is it is a small hotel and have always been fully booked when I was there. I guess the larger the hotel, the more leeway you have in doing the special discounts and such. If traffic has dropped and they are more flexible, then at least they recognize they have to adapt to the times. Staying there for free on points felt like the biggest steal of the season, to me.

I'm not trying to defend this property, but I am quite pleased with this hotel and the level of service I have received there in the past. I felt it was good value. I do agree that it feels more like a Park Hyatt than a Hyatt Regency.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 7:06 pm

Having had a very pleasant stay here last month, I decided to stay here again post New Years madness. Perhaps, the business really is going to take off after next week when everybody is back from vacation. The hotel was able to assign me a lovely blvd facing delux room upon check-in at noon time. Yes, this time, too, I availed myself of UA 50% coupon and the tariff came out to be indeed a reasonable 235euro. The staff was very cordinal and surprise! there is a very nice hand written welcome message letter from the general manager. Also the usual Hediard amenity had grown to be a nice box containing ten chocolate truffles! I call this a tres agreeable Hyatt touch! Somehow I sensed the change of the general manager and asked one of the concierges. Voila, yes, the new GM has been in place for about 4 months or so. It is amazing that a small touch of service improvement or a mere welcome message can signal a change of the top management. Welcome change indeed, Hyatt Madeleine.

Old Jan 18, 2002, 11:25 am

Paris Hyatt Madeleine ?

My first time at this property, March 15, 2002. Is it worth the $$$. Best rate is 340 Euro . Any suggestions.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
Just returned from Madeleine this weekend.

Happy to say that it was as wonderful as I remembered it to be. I was given room 110, which is one of the better sized rooms with the high ceilings and a view of the boulevard. Breakfast was outstanding, I finally got to use the fitness center, and the staff was wonderful.

I look forward to returning soon.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 8:05 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just returned from a one night stay at the Madeleine in Paris where I had booked the 'Valentine Rate' of 305 Euros. This rate included an upgraded larger room, continental breakfast + 1/2 bottle of champagne. After hearing such nice comments about this property I was excited to try it out. As a Diamond, I was hoping for an upgrade, and in fact I did get a boulevard facing room--but that was about it for better treatment. I had to call down repeatedly for my champagne--which finally arrived, unchilled and wrapped in plastic! I then asked for ice and was told it would be delivered when they came to turndown the room in about 2 hours!! There was no Diamond amenity, and service the next morning at breakfast was very very slow. There was only one other couple there, but the waiter seemed preoccupied with talking to the desk clerk, and was annoyed when I asked for coffee, and even more so when I then had to ask for milk! (which never did arrive--). All in all, for the money, I don't think I'd stay here again. While a great location, there are others nearby with better service.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
How is Hyatt Madeleine these days?

I have done the search, but latest info seems to be several months old. I have three rooms booked at the Madeleine for mid-June and was wondering how the hotel rates these days. We have stayed there in the past and liked it a lot. I was able to use UA 50% off coupons (for all rooms) with only a few weeks notice as well - is nobody going to Paris these days?

Any info is appreciated.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 5:58 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
For a stay in May: No upgrades and no welcome amenities for Diamond, but free breakfast. They refused to accept the 2002 suite upgrades, which do NOT exclude Madeleine as the old ones did.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Just stayed this past month. Hotel is still
the same after four different stays during
past year. You know the Hotel has an
attitude. They feel they are very special.
Given the location, generally good treatment
of me as a Diamond and ability to use UA
certs. they are. This past time upgraded and
in fact upgraded everytime. Not to anything
special but they have some very small rooms
they can put you into using those certs.. If
you are firm you can improve your room type.
Yes free breakfest and use of internet room.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 8:29 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I stayed there this past March, and as a Diamond on a cheap rate (which did include breakfast & champagne). I was given a small but nice room overlooking Rue Madeleine. Service was not the best, and for my 'amenity' I got a box of sugared candies. When I called down to ask for ice for my champagne (it arrived warm, no ice)--I was told to wait for the turn down service to bring it in 2 - 3 hours!! Also at breakfast the next morning, despite the fact there were only 2 of us dining, service was horrible/non existant. But on the plus side, the bathrooms were great, and the location is fantastic, also until the Park Hyatt opens this is the only Hyatt centrally located in Paris.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 5:51 pm

Hyatt - Madeline PARIS

Has anyone had any experiance with this hotel in regards to internet access? Is it only available in the business center (how much is it?) or is it available in the rooms?

This will be my first Hyatt stay.
Old Jun 17, 2002, 4:18 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Each room has high speed access for a price.
Business center is next to front desk.
Always open but of course sometimes occupied.
Has printer. One terminal. High speed.
Never charged as D.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
I was there just last weekend. If I recall correctly, the price for internet access from the room is 0.60 euro's per minute up to 40 minutes (ie, 24 euros). There is no extra charge for time over 40 minutes, just a flat 24 euro charge. So unless you are going to be on for only a few minutes you will probably pay the flat 24 euro charge.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 4:32 am

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Pleasant Stay at Hyatt Madeleine

Spent 2 days this week at the Madeleine. Thought I would make a little stop over on the way to India for business. Had never stayed at the Madeleine before and was very impressed. At check-in my Platinum (yes lowly Platinum) status was recognized with an upgrade to a deluxe room, complimentary continental breakfast (or discounted 10 euro charge for buffet) as well as a large bottle of Evian in room first night and a bottle of wine the second. I was shocked at all this attention as no other Hyatt property has shown this affection for my Platinum status. It was the perfect rest between NY and Delhi.

Staying at the Park Hyatt Vendome in November so I will have some things to compare I am sure. That is assuming there is heat. It looks from other posts today that I should bring an extra blanket !
Old Jun 28, 2004, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Any updates on Paris Madeleine?

Tried to book the PH Vendome using points for 6 nights anytime last 2 weeks of October/all of Nov - nothing until Nov. 28th - bummer - we loved our last stay there. Was able to book Madeleine fairly easily, tho. Any updated info other than to rq high street-facing room?

How about rooms assigned D Awards guests?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Stayed at the Madeline a couple of years ago. Very nice, small botique hotel. We had a suite facing inside. It was dark, but was very very nice. Very contemporary design and furniture in the rooms. They had wonderful croissants for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.