Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2001, 7:59 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Paris in the spring time...

As you can probably imagine, booking a room at a small hotel in the centerof Paris, like the 86-room Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, can be a challenge during one of the most popular times for travel to the "City of
Lights". The rooms set aside for our regular Gold Passport Free Night
Awards are typically reserved months ahead. (There are no black-out dates in the Gold Passport programme and a few nights in May do still offer standard award availability.)

I would like to remind our Diamond and Platinum Gold Passport members that
they enjoy the flexibility to redeem a hotel award for any room available for sale within the award room type. If standard award space (at 15,000 points per night at Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine) is sold out, these
"Passport Plus" awards are available at a 60% point premium (24,000 points
per night). For more details, please refer to http://www.goldpassport.com/dbcd.asp

Since its opening in August 1997, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine has proven
extremely successful. The hotel combines the atmosphere of a small, yet
full-service, Parisian hotel with a stylish design and an enviable location. Just minutes from landmarks such as the Opera, Madeleine church, shopping on rue du Faubourg St. Honore, the Louvre, the hotel is
well-placed for business and leisure travelers alike.

Guests who prefer to spend fewer points (8,000 points per night for regular
awards, 12,800 points for Passport Plus Awards) might want to consider Hyatt Regency Paris-Charles de Gaulle. This modern full service hotel is located near the Charles de Gaulle airport and depending on your mode of
transportation about 30-50 minutes from the center of Paris. Of course, your experience will be very different from a stay in the city centre, but value-conscious travelers or those departing on early flights from Charles de Gaulle might consider this option.

More good news: in April 2002, Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome is scheduled to open. This 188-room Park Hyatt hotel will be located just steps from the Place Vendome on the Rue de l'Opera and bring a whole new level of services and facilities to the city of Paris.

For more details on Hyatt hotels in Paris, please refer to www.paris.hyatt.com. We look forward to welcoming you!

Warm regards,

Julia Moore
Gold Passport Internet Concierge

Old Apr 28, 2001, 12:00 pm

hello,

yeah that's true that some rooms at the madeleine are small ( facing the courtyard, queen size bed )but the other ones are larger ( called deluxe, king size, separated shower and bath ).

the place is pretty expensive but nice ( complimentary continental breakfast in their lobby lounge whatever your GP member position is )
Old Apr 29, 2001, 3:29 pm

Originally posted by largo:
hello,

the place is pretty expensive but nice ( complimentary continental breakfast in their lobby lounge whatever your GP member position is )

Is this true? I asked the receptionist about this when I checked in, and was informed that my rate did not include breakfast at the lobby lounge. I checked in as a GP Platinum.

Old Apr 30, 2001, 5:35 am

i am surprised. did you give your gp number upon check in ? may be it was not in their file ? continental breakfast is free of charge for any gp members but only in their lobby lounge ( charged if you take it as a room service ).

Originally posted by domirule:

Is this true? I asked the receptionist about this when I checked in, and was informed that my rate did not include breakfast at the lobby lounge. I checked in as a GP Platinum.

Old Nov 7, 2001, 11:32 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
What can I expect as a Diamond c/i Paris Madeliene?

C/I Hyatt Paris Madeliene as a Diamond. What
can I expect? Any room suggestions? Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2001, 1:26 pm

Don't hold your breath! I haven't received anything in terms of a room upgrade. I have inquired and once was given a higher floor and a view of the avenue, but no suite upgrade. At check-in, show your diamond card and you might get lucky. As for rooms, there are some small rooms which are the lowest rate rooms, then some larger ones facing the courtyard and the avenue. One good thing is the free GP breakfast. Great breads/pastries and juices. The staff is great, and the location is wonderful. Have a wonderful trip!

Old Nov 12, 2001, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
As a first time guest, nothing special. You may get a box of sugared gum drops from Hediard - a very sought after high end grocery store in France.

The Hyatt Regency Paris should have been a Park Hyatt - note how expensive the rates are. But there is another Hyatt being built and that will be the Park located at Vendome. It is slated to be ready sometime next year.

Due to its small size and limited suites, this is the only hotel that will not accept upgrade suite vouchers from gold Passport awards towards its suites. You have to pay rack. The rooms facing Boulevard Malesherbes are nice though. The lower 2 floors have the high ceilings. The higher floors (above 6) are the same size but due to the lower ceilings it seems smaller. You do have a better view of the rooftops of Paris and if you strain yourself, you might see the tip of the Tour Eiffel. The lower floors though large, are noisier due to proximity to road.

But having stayed at the property regularly since they opened, the hotel is quite consistent with the service. Average age amonst the staff is 24!

The chocolat sorbet at Cafe M is to die for!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Guy Betsy (edited 11-12-2001).]
Old Nov 12, 2001, 3:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
We did get an amazing room upgrade at the Madeline this past September pre-9/11 even using a 50% Mileage Plus Certificate rate. I was suprised they even took a certificate. We did get a nice free breakfast every morning with our standard Goldpassport. So our advice is it never hurts to ask. We loved this hotel. We felt like Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn the entire time. Enjoy! Bon Voyage.
Old Nov 12, 2001, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
They have the best croissants I have ever tasted !!! And wonderful service too !
Old Nov 13, 2001, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
All croissants and breakfast pastries are catered by LaDuree located on 16 rue Royale.

Teas and coffees are catered from Hediard located on Place Madeleine.

Chocolates are catered by la Maison du Chocolat located at 8 blvd. de la Madeleine.

IceCreams and sorbets and homemade cakes are made inhouse.

This hotel gets booked up at Fashion Week. So book early.
Old Nov 13, 2001, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA PE, AA, CO, Hertz President's Club, Starwood, Hyatt GP, HHonors, Fairmont, Marriott...
I've been to this property twice within the last year and have had nothing but outstanding service (I'm GP platinum). On our first stay, we got a free bottle of champagne (Billecart Rose)with a note from the GM. On our second stay, we got a free bottle of wine (and a note). The GM also hosts a champagne/hors'doeuvre hour every Thursday, worth stoppping by for. The free GP breakfast is a steal!

Enjoy this wonderful property, which is within walking distance of a lot of good places in Paris.
Old Nov 13, 2001, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Wonderful Hotel. Just C/O and have nothing
best the highest regards for the Hotel.
Based upon value and certainly service just
as good as George V. I will be back.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 1:33 am

Thought I would bring this thread forward in the dramatically different season.

Paris- Christmas time after September 11.

Hotels in Paris seem to be begging for customers from the US and Japan; those who shop and spend, in particular. Hermes boutique had a few Japanese tourists but far fewer than previous visits. and at the famed Hyatt Regency Madeleine, the perks seem to be back again for their GP Diamond members.
Just recently I had a quick two night stay arranged last minute; I had been dissapointed with their treatment of their Diamond members as well as the impossibility of using the UA 50% off certificates there in recent years so I have been staying at nice and cozy boutique hotels in the right and left back with alot more of characters and personalities albeit no points. But then a thought came across while making the travel arrangement and I gave a GP Diamond line a try; surprise!
UA 50% coupon accepted and early check-in will be accommodated at their earliest possibility time. Really? I almost doubted my ears but then I doubted my eyes when I arrived at the property only a few minutes after 9am and they were able to get me a blvd facing delux king size bedroom; my favorite for Euro 219 or something like that.

As I was planning on spending some time in sauna/fitness room while any room might get ready, their rapid arrangement of the room just simply was shocking and of course, much apprecited. Just to think my friend who was paying a rack rate of over euro 600 last spring had to wait until 3pm for his room. How time has changed.

Well, particularly for Diamond members, Paris Madeleine now seems like an opportune place to stau at this merry time of the year for some shopping and eating. Enjoy!

or was I simply just sooo lucky??

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks that they need more than one doorman/bellboy during their peak morning check in/out period?
Old Dec 12, 2001, 5:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
You are not alone! We are only humble Gold Passport members and last August we were able to use the UA 50% coupons at this lovely property. They also up graded to a larger room. To top that we were offered the nice little breakfast in the lobby as GPs. Granted this was during late August and that is low season for the French. We LOVED out stay and felt the staff to be very helpful. We used the email in the business center free of charge. The 4 night stay was not long enough. Lucky you that stay at the Madeleine more frequently. Viva le France
Old Dec 13, 2001, 7:40 am

We too are mere Gold Passport members. But when we arrived at the hotel in June for the Paris Air Show, we were asked to have a seat in the lobby and have a glass of champagne while they readied our room. About 10 minutes later, the asst manager came to me and asked if I would like to see the room because the one we had reserved was still occupied.

Imagine my surprise when we got off the elevator on the second floor, turned right and took the stairs up a half flight to room 201, an interior room when we had requested a boulevard room. However, when she opened the door to the sitting room, I began to get the idea. Then she opened the doors leading to the bedroom. And then the doors to the bathroom, which was almost as big as the bedroom. Considering they only have 5 suites in the hotel, we thought it was a pretty nice upgrade.

Oh yes, breakfast was included every day of the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.