Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
First stay here....Glob was upgraded to Junior Suite - ok, but it's really just a regular room? There is no partition or any separate area to warrant this being called a suite. So assume it's just bigger...and the bath is probably bigger. Separate tub + Stand up shower
Nespresso machine in the room is always a big + for me.

Hotel is nice, good location. Breakfast is pretty good...not 5* but 4+. They gave us 2 free glasses of champagne at the bar, and since I am not a champagne lover they changed mine out for a nice red Bordeaux. Wife liked her champagne.

All & all a solid stay - will still try for Louvre next visit. If can get at similar price point of 350-400 Eur.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hello,
I have a stay booked there later this month. I've already been a few times in 2017/18 (now usually staying at PHV or if not available at a reasonable rate Hotel du Louvre but both will only reopen later in July/August) but not since it's reopening.
Any feedback from someone who has been over the last days?
Hotel website just says:
"In light of COVID-19 and for precautionary measures, the hotel will provide guests with limited carryout breakfast and carryout fresh products for lunch and dinner at Madeleine Market. The hotel’s restaurant operations, fitness center, spa and valet parking services are closed until further notice."
Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
"In light of COVID-19 and for precautionary measures, the hotel will provide guests with limited carryout breakfast and carryout fresh products for lunch and dinner at Madeleine Market. The hotel’s restaurant operations, fitness center, spa and valet parking services are closed until further notice."
Thanks!
This is the same language used at many US-based full service Hyatt's in the COVID era. Having now stayed at several they seem to be following the same basic play book. In short, I suggest you dial your expectations WAY back and expect the hotel to be shadow/shell of its former self.... in addition to all those closures (so no real food service except Grab and Go), I'd expect whole areas to be cordoned off/closed, reduced lighting, no daily housekeeping, Plexiglass everywhere, and a general apocalyptic feel. But maybe things are different in Europe? I doubt it.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
This is the same language used at many US-based full service Hyatt's in the COVID era. Having now stayed at several they seem to be following the same basic play book. In short, I suggest you dial your expectations WAY back and expect the hotel to be shadow/shell of its former self.... in addition to all those closures (so no real food service except Grab and Go), I'd expect whole areas to be cordoned off/closed, reduced lighting, no daily housekeeping, Plexiglass everywhere, and a general apocalyptic feel. But maybe things are different in Europe? I doubt it.
Thanks!
I know and that would be a shame for my first stay post lock down and in a hotel where I've had many stays over the years...
Hopefully things will improve by then (restaurants are supposed to be allowed to open in Paris on 22 June...) ✌️
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Thanks!
I know and that would be a shame for my first stay post lock down and in a hotel where I've had many stays over the years...
Hopefully things will improve by then (restaurants are supposed to be allowed to open in Paris on 22 June...) ✌️
Here is Texas restaurants have been allowed open for a month. STILL, the Hyatt hotel restaurants are unchanged (closed or limited service) at virtually all city properties. Occupancy ($) is driving the decisions to reopen them - not regulations or safety (despite what they might say.)
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I just finished 17 nights here, some paid and some on points. I was upgraded to a junior suite for all nights.

The rooms are new, but as noted above there’s no formal partition of rooms for the entry level suite. I’d have almost preferred a standard room (which includes a desk rather than sofa with a table), but I’m also a workaholic. My wife preferred the suite in fairness.

That being said, the room and bathroom are spacious and the staff kind. I can’t comment on the F&B given Covid has shut everything but a basic breakfast.

I will say I love the location. Certainly not for a first time visit to Paris, but it’s centrally located and quiet.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:34 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by drewp123
I just finished 17 nights here, some paid and some on points. I was upgraded to a junior suite for all nights.

The rooms are new, but as noted above there’s no formal partition of rooms for the entry level suite. I’d have almost preferred a standard room (which includes a desk rather than sofa with a table), but I’m also a workaholic. My wife preferred the suite in fairness.

That being said, the room and bathroom are spacious and the staff kind. I can’t comment on the F&B given Covid has shut everything but a basic breakfast.

I will say I love the location. Certainly not for a first time visit to Paris, but it’s centrally located and quiet.
just out of curiosity.... as per your insta account you seem to live in the US... how are you able to travel to France? I had to cancel 2 trips to the US this year... thanks
Old Aug 26, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 59Impala
just out of curiosity.... as per your insta account you seem to live in the US... how are you able to travel to France? I had to cancel 2 trips to the US this year... thanks
I’m fortunate my wife is French, though oddly AA didn’t check my documents, nor border security, when I arrived in July.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Lucky you!!!! No one want us Americans and I can't blame them. We can only blame ourselves. Can't wait till Nov.
TravisMT81 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Anyone stay here recently?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:12 pm

I am halfway through a 6-night reservation here. Staying at a Junior Suite and absolutely loving it. Hotel restaurants are open and functioning, with full breakfast included. Face masks required; staff is also wearing masks. Everyone has treated me and my family incredibly well. Happy to answer any questions, as writing full reviews while in Paris is not my thing.
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moyafmx
I am halfway through a 6-night reservation here. Staying at a Junior Suite and absolutely loving it. Hotel restaurants are open and functioning, with full breakfast included. Face masks required; staff is also wearing masks. Everyone has treated me and my family incredibly well. Happy to answer any questions, as writing full reviews while in Paris is not my thing.
Great to hear. Are all the Paris attractions available to you during your stay? Any complications or tips on getting around and visiting attractions?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:09 pm

Aw man, I miss that hotel! Glad you're having a great stay Can't wait to go back...
moyafmx likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Great to hear. Are all the Paris attractions available to you during your stay? Any complications or tips on getting around and visiting attractions?
As long as you are vaccinated and wear a mask Paris is fully open. As opposed to media reports our CDC cards have been accepted everywhere without any problems.
ceebee100 and svo242 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/29 to 12/30

Location: Very good. Easily walkable to a number of attractions within 15-20 minutes as well as Metro Stations served by the 3, 8, 9, 12 and 14 line as well as the RER A at Auber. The area around the hotel is pretty quiet but you can walk to plenty of bars, restaurants and cafes as well as several pharmacies if you need to get your digital health certificate or an Antigen Test (as we did).

Hotel: A nice boutique style hotel. There's a really pleasant lobby where they serve breakfast as well as drinks, the M Cafe which has pretty limited hours and seemed to be closed a lot. There are only two elevators and they're really small but hey, it's Europe. Do note there's construction going on next door and it is not quiet.

Check In: The staff here are amazing. They remembered me by name every time I passed through. They were also very helpful about COVID Life in France for Americans. We were also able to check in a little early and a late checkout was no issue.

Room: We were upgraded from the Courtyard View Queen I booked to a King Bed Deluxe. The room itself was quite nice with a large bed, full closet, plenty of power, small sitting area and a surprisingly large bathroom. Soundproofing wasn't an issue either.

Welcome Amenity in room

Dining: Globalist breakfast covered anything off the menu. We had a lot of ala carte items (eggs, ham, breads) and all of it was very good.

I named this hotel in the thread for underrated Hyatt properties. It's pricy at 25,000 points a night but it's a good option for Paris. I'd gladly be back.
SanDiego1K, saint, bgriff and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.