Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by canon5dfan
I've booked a 2 night stay using my DSU and cash and points for a Andaz King Suite. Can someone please provide feedback on the quality of the rooms and the breakfast option for diamonds?

I've never stayed but have been spoiled at the Century Plaza and the Pike in Long Beach. Since CP does not offer cash and points for my stay, I'm considering the Pike which is at a lower rate (125 & 10k points vs. 75 & 6k points) but farther away from downtown. Can any Diamonds with a recent stay comment?
I personally love the rooms here, and especially like the little nooks with a view of Sunset blvd.

The breakfast is superb - the buffet is high-quality, the service is great, and the made-to-order items are just terrific (the benedict and the egg white omelet here are among the best I have had). I havent stayed at the other Hyatt properties you mention, so cant compare, but I have been extremely happy with my stays at the Andaz.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
I personally love the rooms here, and especially like the little nooks with a view of Sunset blvd.

The breakfast is superb - the buffet is high-quality, the service is great, and the made-to-order items are just terrific (the benedict and the egg white omelet here are among the best I have had). I havent stayed at the other Hyatt properties you mention, so cant compare, but I have been extremely happy with my stays at the Andaz.
Thanks for the feedback! Quick question on the rooms and breakfast. Are any of the suites facing Sunset Blvd great or are there specific ones I should ask for (ie one is quieter or has a better view).

For breakfast: I read in the past that gratuity was covered for diamond members but it only covered the hot buffet. Has that changed? Are we allowed to have made to order items at the restaurant too?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The street side suites have a killer view in floor 3 and above.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The street side suites have a killer view in floor 3 and above.
You can see right into my living room.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by SS255
You can see right into my living room.
I'll wave hi next week

What has everyone's experience been with the breakfast?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Thanks for the feedback! Quick question on the rooms and breakfast. Are any of the suites facing Sunset Blvd great or are there specific ones I should ask for (ie one is quieter or has a better view).

For breakfast: I read in the past that gratuity was covered for diamond members but it only covered the hot buffet. Has that changed? Are we allowed to have made to order items at the restaurant too?
I stayed twice this year, used a DSU each time - got different suites, both were great -- floorplan is huge.

Only negative to mention is the electronic items haven't been upgraded and are really showing their age

Breakfast is great, the restaurant area is big and sunny
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
I stayed twice this year, used a DSU each time - got different suites, both were great -- floorplan is huge.

Only negative to mention is the electronic items haven't been upgraded and are really showing their age

Breakfast is great, the restaurant area is big and sunny

Awesome to hear. Are the systems bluetooth compatible or have a audio cable? I don't have an iPhone or iPod
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Awesome to hear. Are the systems bluetooth compatible or have a audio cable? I don't have an iPhone or iPod
No bluetooth, the tvs and speakers are of the era the hotel was opened with. iPhone 4 connector, or audio jack

tvs have clumsy on screen menus to navigate , the reading nook overlooking sunset has a 12" lcd tv that is very outdated, and useless in the sun
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:40 am

I'll wave hi next week

What has everyone's experience been with the breakfast?
Re diamond breakfast: For a stay this past summer, our waiter offered us the option of the buffet or to order off the menu.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:40 am

The staff at breakfast are wonderful. Gratuity has always been included, and the staff make a point of letting you know so you dont have to tip extra.

I have ordered off the menu in the past (instead of the buffet) and have never been charged.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
The staff at breakfast are wonderful. Gratuity has always been included, and the staff make a point of letting you know so you dont have to tip extra.

I have ordered off the menu in the past (instead of the buffet) and have never been charged.
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm really looking forward to my trip now.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:31 pm

Wanted to post an update from my trip. Stayed in one of their corner suites this past weekend (705) and everyone's description of the hotel and its service are on point!

Technology is a bit to be desired - old geneva systems that only accept the old iPhones.

Breakfast was superb - diamond breakfast still covered gratuity and the kind folks even let me get a to-go box for Disneyland!

Service - Service was excellent. Valet was a bit expensive $33 but did include in and out privileges.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:12 pm

Wanted to post an update from my trip. Stayed in one of their corner suites this past weekend (705) and everyone's description of the hotel and its service are on point!

Technology is a bit to be desired - old geneva systems that only accept the old iPhones.

Breakfast was superb - diamond breakfast still covered gratuity and the kind folks even let me get a to-go box for Disneyland!

Service - Service was excellent. Valet was a bit expensive $33 but did include in and out privileges.
How many people can fit in the suite? Do you know if they allow rollaways in the suite?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:43 am

Thanks for the update. The breakfast staff are indeed top-notch! ^
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:06 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at this property in a suite last week. I was last there when it first re-opened as an Andaz I was much disappointed this time. I suspect it's seen a lot of parties. One of the bathroom doors was broken in the open position (a pocket door) and the latch was missing. There are two bathrooms so not a big deal for a one-night stay. The imitation Swarovski chandelier over the bar was covered in dust. The marble counter top on the bar was pitted from damage. The walls were damaged and wallpaper coming off in areas. The mirror in the useable bathroom was cracked in two areas. There was hair in the bathrooms on arrival. That was the damage/debris I saw in a casual look in the few hours I was awake in the suite. Lobby area looked OK and breakfast was OK. I've been in WeHo a couple of times in between and going back next week, but skipping the Andaz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.