Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz West Hollywood - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gengar
When did this place start charging a $23.10/night destination fee? https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...laxss/policies
Many LA hotels started to levy this fee in recent months. Should be waived for Globalist though!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
the wording suggests $23 of services are expected on the bill , including parking ... so is parking $60 a day, and this extra $23 goes away? or do I need to spend $23 on drinks at the pool?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by footastic
on property now - This is a new one.

At about 5 folks started shouting on bull horns - thought nothing of it till i couldn't sleep when it became so loud. Apparently the staff is on strike out front and they have people from other hyatt properties in the area helping out with check in, housekeeping, and breakfast.

Breakfast was a catastrophe normally pretty good here - had bananas - oatmeal and bread. Coffee and Orange Juice . Little disappointing given now good the menu is on a typical day.

If they intend on striking through the night do you think Andaz would walk us to alternate or something? seems unacceptable for sleep given how thin the windows are.
The property is, like you, a victim of these parasites, who may be hired protestors rather than Hyatt employees. The city should have and enforce noise regulations.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: A few
What time does the breakfast open here during the week? Have a stay in August where we are leaving for a flight from LAX at 10am and was hoping to get an early breakfast in before heading out.

I will be staying on points... what is the hotel like in terms of complementary upgrades for globalists? Not using an upgrade instrument
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Just had a stay here. In general, I thought the rooms were "okay" -- nothing particularly special about them. I liked the informal "no front desk" check in process. But -- despite this hotel being a non-smoking hotel, there was a clear smoke smell in my room when I checked in (a standard King "upgraded" to a "view"). I decided it wasn't worth complaining about, hoping it wouldn't be too bad -- but in the morning I had a taste of cigarette smoke in my mouth and stinging in my eyes. Definitely negatively affected my experience. I mentioned it downstairs and the manager was very gracious about it and offered to comp my breakfast. I accepted. Though I still didn't have a great night's sleep, it was a kind gesture that made me feel a lot better about it. The breakfast buffet wasn't anything write home about, but the tea was quite good.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
As a Globalist, chances are you will only be "upgraded" to a King room with a view (high floor) over Sunset Blvd, especially during this time of year with lots of Europeans visiting LA. The room is fine, but nothing incredibly special about it.

I've only been upgraded to their suites, which are quite nice and spacious, on about 4 out of 30 stays as a Glob.

Not sure what time breakfast begins, as I usually go just before it ends at 11AM.

Best of luck to you.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:21 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
What is the breakfast comp policy for globalists? The waiter unconvincing told me “I think it’s about 3 buffets, so about $70”....so is there a limit or they just take it all off?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by sxc
What is the breakfast comp policy for globalists? The waiter unconvincing told me “I think it’s about 3 buffets, so about $70”....so is there a limit or they just take it all off?
Please read the WOH Terms and Conditions. Although hotels might try to establish dollar limits, the reality is that you are entitled to what is defined in the terms. Typically the $ limits are ample but if not, always refer back to the Terms and I’ve never had a hotel
push back on that.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I'm planning on staying here for one night before a three day convention in DTLA. West Hollywood hotels are retailing from $800 to $1,000 a night on the Saturday I need to stay, so redeeming 20,000 Hyatt points for one night seems like a bargain.

1) I have no Hyatt status - any way I can pay for an upgraded room at check in?
2) Is this property less crowded now with the opening of the 1 Hotel and the Edition? Would prefer a less scene-y crowd this trip
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
if there is any 20k available room, yes good to grab one, $400 equiv ... the property used to offer impulse upgrades after booking, not sure that's still the case
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by 4aks
if there is any 20k available room, yes good to grab one, $400 equiv ... the property used to offer impulse upgrades after booking, not sure that's still the case
Stayed here recently - hotel is fine and service is good, but as someone with no elite status with Hyatt, it didn’t really impress me like other newer properties in the area did (1 West Hollywood, Edition). Pool deck was fun though, and the price was right in terms of CSR points. However unless you really prioritize Hyatt, I’m not sure I would aggressively recommend the property. I will continue to consider it though (behind other area options)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire/ Inner Circle
This property is closed until at least May 10, 2020.
Old May 29, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Now taking reservations for after 6/15... but they are still rendering a "destination charge" that includes closed activities such as:Fox in a Box Escape Room (15% Off tickets starting at $5 8pp)

Cycle Bar (1 Day Pass Class or $30 Off)

Starline Tours ($5 off any tour prices starting at $45/adult)

Grammy Museum ($3 Off the adult price of $15)

$261 a night and still charging a "resort" fee. nice
Old May 29, 2020, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
Now taking reservations for after 6/15... but they are still rendering a "destination charge" that includes closed activities such as:Fox in a Box Escape Room (15% Off tickets starting at $5 8pp)

Cycle Bar (1 Day Pass Class or $30 Off)

Starline Tours ($5 off any tour prices starting at $45/adult)

Grammy Museum ($3 Off the adult price of $15)

$261 a night and still charging a "resort" fee. nice
Perhaps call them directly and remind them that none of those services/experiences are open. Stupid is.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.