Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by BigE
We're planning to stay there in March. The lowest rate I've seen is 800 HKD advance purchase. Has anyone paid their advance purchase rate and do you remember whether they charged your CC before arrival? Some hotels don't, even on prepaid rates, making it possible to use the Costo certificates at check-in.

If I can use my Costco certs then I'll switch to the 800 HKD prepaid, otherwise I'll stick with 900 HKD flexible.
have you used the certificates here finally?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The Airport Shuttlebus by SkyeXpress has been terminated - making the hotel very difficult to reach by public transport.

So it's either a taxi at 300 HKD or bus A41 to Sha Tin, then changing to MTR to University station.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
The Airport Shuttlebus by SkyeXpress has been terminated - making the hotel very difficult to reach by public transport.

So it's either a taxi at 300 HKD or bus A41 to Sha Tin, then changing to MTR to University station.
Bummer! Why?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Bummer! Why?
"Licensing issues". Go figure - I assume they realized running emtpy buses cost money too
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:52 pm

Anyone has experience asking for a roll-away at this place, say I'll use a suite upgrade certificate? And do they give three free breakfast for diamond member?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by zapyiu
Anyone has experience asking for a roll-away at this place, say I'll use a suite upgrade certificate? And do they give three free breakfast for diamond member?
Even in suite, I don't think the room is big enough for a roll away. At least the suite we had were too small for a roll away. Yes, breakfast in the lounge for diamonds. Very nice lounge, though, the service needs a little refinement, they will ask for your room # every five minute or so
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
It's actually very easy to take the A41 to Sha tin and then change to the MTR. Both are very very cheap and although the bus driver probably won't talk to you, all you do is pay and hop on. Public transport isn't bad in Hong Kong.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by peachy3
It's actually very easy to take the A41 to Sha tin and then change to the MTR. Both are very very cheap and although the bus driver probably won't talk to you, all you do is pay and hop on. Public transport isn't bad in Hong Kong.
Is the A41 stop at Sha Tin close to the Sha Tin MTR?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by zapyiu
Is the A41 stop at Sha Tin close to the Sha Tin MTR?
go upstairs catch one to university station, you can see the Hyatt as you come out
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by peachy3
Public transport is excellent, nonetheless the trip will take roughly 80-90 minutes (bus takes 65 mins to Sha Tin), the SkyeXpress took 30 mins, same for a taxi (all depending on traffic) - that is the bigger inconvenience, not really the transfer at Sha Tin station.
Link to bus A41.

Sha Tin busstation is right at the MTR.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Aug 10, 2010 at 7:15 pm Reason: Sorting out Cantonese ... Sha Tian = Sha Tin
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Long stay suites

Hi All-

A couple of questions. Does anyone have any info or experience with the long stay suites here?

There is a fairly good chance that the family and I (me+Mrs.Bostonpilot + 3 yr old + 6 month old) are going to end up moving to HK for the next couple of years and I will be working in Shenzhen. I've been to HK dozens of times, but have always stayed in town (GHHK, HR TST, or Conrad HK usually), but with my crossing the PRC border most every day, it will make a lot more sense to live closer to Shenzhen.

I will likely head over on a house hunting boondoggle soon, but I'm going to negotiate a period of temp housing to let the Mrs. really get a feel for where she wants to live while we are there, before our housing allowance starts up.

She's spent a grand total of 12 hrs in HK, so she's got no clue what's she's after at this point. One of the areas I am thinking is around Shatin, so I thought that we may spend some of the temp housing time at the Hyatt to get a feel for the area (plus the diamond benes won't hurt!), but we are not going to live out of a traditional hotel room. Thus my question.

The suites don't appear bookable on the website, so I'm going to sick my private line rep on digging into it a bit, but I was wondering if there was any FT knowledge on the suites.

In a related question, does anyone have a solid managment contact there that you'd be willing to pass along (via pm)? I'd be interested in taking a peek at the rooms on my nex biz trip over there if I can arrange with the managment.

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:51 pm

any good food in this property

or nearby places?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:32 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
any good food in this property

or nearby places?
Honestly this hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure there are some restaurants within walking distance, but during my brief stay there (2 nights), I just ate at the hotel restaurant. Luckily, I found the restaurant to be very good. They also have a really good pastry shop.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by thc
Honestly this hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure there are some restaurants within walking distance, but during my brief stay there (2 nights), I just ate at the hotel restaurant. Luckily, I found the restaurant to be very good. They also have a really good pastry shop.
good to know,so how about the price eating in the hotel,i am just platinum。。
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by thc
also with ref to APOLLO LUMIN s post

the HR sha tin is not quite in the middle of nowhere
it just feels that way ......the views from the Club lounge gives another dimension to the usual image of HK ...almost tranquil !

that said its not a hotel where you step out into a busy road with shops as in central or TST

there are great seafood and "village" specialties restaurants nearby esp pigeon and roast goose
which sha tin is famous for ......

the hotel is a short taxi ride or MTR ride away from SHATIN "central" sprawling malls ,.....a new dimension in MEGA MALLS ..with everything and anything...and its where most of HK residents reside ...ie the sha tin area...its very very local and you can find a vast array of food there......

if you are feeling more adventurous you then can hop on the MTR and within 20 mins or so reach the border town of luwo ..and walk into shenzhen for a feast of fantastic foods...you would need reliable info and of course entry visa etc for this

SHATIN HR outlets i found to be very good and the service very friendly ...the Chinese restaurant has very good roast duck/peking duck

the club lounge has never disappointed ....on my multiple stays there since it opened not long ago......

HR sha tin and SHATIN itself ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.