Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibility of FFN redemption extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibility of FFN redemption extension

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by stevens397
In terms of an agent not being able to convert a points stay to a FFN stay, why not call back and simply book the FFN stay - and then cancel the points stay???
No need to create more work foryourself, just call back and get a different agent and there should be no issue. Converting points to FFN is a relatively simple and quick task which most agents can handle.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Gabatta
No need to create more work foryourself, just call back and get a different agent and there should be no issue. Converting points to FFN is a relatively simple and quick task which most agents can handle.
Not true. Many agents claim they can only convert the points reservation to FFN if separate independent award space is still available at the hotel. If it is not available, then you can take the risk and cancel the current points reservation, hoping it will go back into inventory or stick with the points reservation.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Not true. Many agents claim they can only convert the points reservation to FFN if separate independent award space is still available at the hotel. If it is not available, then you can take the risk and cancel the current points reservation, hoping it will go back into inventory or stick with the points reservation.
As a Diamond, are you using the private line with a dedicated representative, or are you calling 800-400-2261(which no longer has dedicated reps for Diamond)?

Several colleagues and I have all had points reservations converted without a hitch when award space was no longert available at the hotels. 3 data points are not absolute, however we no longer use the "exclusive diamond line" so that could explain things.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
??? What private line? If you have one, please PM me.

Originally Posted by Gabatta
As a Diamond, are you using the private line with a dedicated representative, or are you calling 800-400-2261(which no longer has dedicated reps for Diamond)?

Several colleagues and I have all had points reservations converted without a hitch when award space was no longert available at the hotels. 3 data points are not absolute, however we no longer use the "exclusive diamond line" so that could explain things.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by drjazz
I am not aware there is a Diamond private line. Please PM if you have the number. Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by drjazz
The Private Line is NOT the Diamond Line - it's a dedicated agent assigned to your account - Karen (our Gold Passport Concierge) had offered this to Flyertalkers a few weeks back - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10947111-post39.html .
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:13 pm
YYC

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
The Private Line is NOT the Diamond Line - it's a dedicated agent assigned to your account - Karen (our Gold Passport Concierge) had offered this to Flyertalkers a few weeks back - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10947111-post39.html .
Just curious, has any one been assigned with a personal agent? I'm still waiting to hear back.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by YYC
Just curious, has any one been assigned with a personal agent? I'm still waiting to hear back.

Funny you should ask that - my to do list today included a PM to Karen regarding the same thing. I thought perhaps my request had been lost -
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by YYC
I e-mailed Karen right when the offer was given - was assigned an agent about 10 days ago - spoke with her yesterday (she said that about 10 customers was added to her responsibilities from Flyertalk (the individuals that I personally know who have been assigned an agent have been assigned to her) - total about 150). So maybe they're figuring out who to assign people to if there is a "heavy" request load from here.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:55 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Hmm, this is good news on the extensions being offered... if I can't successfully use my last two nights in Paris (waiting for availability to open up in Feb.) maybe I'll use them to go out to the P.S. Gayla on March 27-28!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As a Plat, I just tried to use FFN's for specific dates in April. Was told they're going through the end of March right now. I'll try another agent next week to see if I have better luck.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by wizzy
As a Plat, I just tried to use FFN's for specific dates in April. Was told they're going through the end of March right now. I'll try another agent next week to see if I have better luck.
I got an agent yesterday (Monday) that allowed me to use a FFN in early April and another in May. They book the award as a points award, then pull the FFN out of the account. They told me that after Feb 28, no changes could be made to the reservation or the FFN would be lost as it expires on Feb 28. I think I just got lucky, as the first agent I spoke to said no extensions at all.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
I got an agent yesterday (Monday) that allowed me to use a FFN in early April and another in May. They book the award as a points award, then pull the FFN out of the account. They told me that after Feb 28, no changes could be made to the reservation or the FFN would be lost as it expires on Feb 28. I think I just got lucky, as the first agent I spoke to said no extensions at all.

Did you call CS or reservations?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by bbbb
Did you call CS or reservations?
1-800-30-hyatt (then I pressed 2) I think that is CS.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Wow April and May

I really need these in April; if I can do this, that will be a major ^

awesome for you at least

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.