FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   HYATT Limited Offer - MASTER - 21% off booking 12/1-12/12/08, Code LTGP07 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/880964-hyatt-limited-offer-master-21-off-booking-12-1-12-12-08-code-ltgp07.html)

bostonbali Oct 24, 2008 12:56 pm

HYATT Limited Offer - MASTER - 21% off booking 12/1-12/12/08, Code LTGP07

This is the 3rd or so time I can recall Hyatt offering a special early-booking, non-cancellable room discounts. Just got this in my e-mail:

ENJOY 21% OFF AT HYATT

Hyatt is offering exceptional savings at hotels and resorts across North America. As a valued member of Hyatt Gold Passport™, you are invited to enjoy exclusive access to our pre-sale this weekend. Book by November 5, 2008 and receive 21% off the prevailing rate. This offer will be available to all Hyatt guests starting on October 27, 2008.

To receive 21% off the prevailing rate:

Book between October 24, 2008 and November 5, 2008
Stay between October 31, 2008 and February 1, 2009
Request Offer Code at the time of reservation

T&C:
Offer valid for reservations booked between October 24, 2008 and November 5, 2008, for stays between October 31, 2008 and February 1, 2009. Full prepayment required at time of booking. Prepayment is non-refundable. Offer is for a limited time only. Rates and participation may vary by property. Participating Hyatt hotels and resorts, Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites within North America will offer 21% savings. Savings is off the prevailing rate for the room type requested at time of booking. Offer is not valid at Park Hyatt or Andaz hotels. For a complete list of participating hotels, visit hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/offers/limited.jsp. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. All hotel reservations must be made via hyatt.com or by calling 1-800-233-1234 and requesting Offer Code LTGP06. Other restrictions may apply. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Blackout date: December 31, 2008. Additional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. This program is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Global Hyatt Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2008 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 24, 2008 2:04 pm

This brings down the HP Phoenix North to a decent level for weekends. Less than $70ai. I've booked a couple more stays there. This discount is not chainwide. In Phoenix it only applied to the Hyatt Regency and the HP Phoenix North.

npei Oct 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Seems hyatt.com doesn't reflect the 21% discount code. I needed to call live reservations.

Steph58 Oct 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 10572530)
This brings down the HP Phoenix North to a decent level for weekends. Less than $70ai. I've booked a couple more stays there. This discount is not chainwide. In Phoenix it only applied to the Hyatt Regency and the HP Phoenix North.

Did you click through the link? That's what I did and came up with "rate not available". But then I noticed it had put in a different promo code number. When I typed in the number LTGP06 myself and re-checked the rate, up came the 21% discount rate which was available afterall (albeit, I was not checking Phoenix Hyatts).

tinnub Oct 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Checked a couple of Hyatts with several dates, and the prepaid discount rate is $2.00 less than the AAA rate.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58 (Post 10573039)
Did you click through the link? That's what I did and came up with "rate not available". But then I noticed it had put in a different promo code number. When I typed in the number LTGP06 myself and re-checked the rate, up came the 21% discount rate which was available afterall (albeit, I was not checking Phoenix Hyatts).

Yes, I clicked through the link. It showed the LTGP06 promo code, as well as the other pricing. I did get 21% off the Rack rate. About 12-13% off the Hyatt.com rate. Not bad, for this property. I had gotten it for a little cheaper at the beginning of the FFN promotion, but only by a few dollars.

satori Oct 25, 2008 7:01 am

I have a trip to Vancouver in two weeks and the rate is not available for the Vancouver Hyatt during the days I am there. Rate not available at Hyatt Place Fremont for dates I checked. I did find Hyatt Santa Clara and about $5less than other rates.

SethLevy Oct 25, 2008 7:49 am

Excellent, this will go very well with the current FFN promotion!!!;)

l etoile Oct 25, 2008 8:11 am

Originally Posted by satori (Post 10575150)
Rate not available at Hyatt Place Fremont for dates I checked.

$62.41 for Fremont on weekends with the promo (couldn't put G3 code in for October though, so went with $71 AAA rate and the bonus).
$66.36 for Pleasanton on weekends with the promo.

Firewind Oct 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by l'etoile (Post 10575347)
$62.41 for Fremont on weekends with the promo (couldn't put G3 code in for October though, so went with $71 AAA rate and the bonus).
$66.36 for Pleasanton on weekends with the promo.

Why would you be denied the G3? Just put the request in in the comments box, confirm it at the front desk, and if you don't receive it, call Gold Passport customer service and get it added back.

SanDiego1K Oct 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 10576392)
Why would you be denied the G3? Just put the request in in the comments box, confirm it at the front desk, and if you don't receive it, call Gold Passport customer service and get it added back.

I agree with you that is how things should work. In my experience, they don't.

I have found that the front desk of Hyatt Places has no idea how to input bonus codes. I spoke to three different employees at one HP where I stayed. Not a one of them knew how to do this. I was told that it would occur automatically. Well, it didn't, even when inputting the code into the check in kiosk.

We no longer have diamond agents, even though the line is answered diamond desk. I was chasing bonus points this week, and spoke to a congenial young man. He went back to my reservation to see if I indeed had booked it with the bonus I was now requesting. I asked him what he would do if he didn't find it. He claimed that he was not obliged to give it to me. YMMV.

I don't want to drag this thread off into that topic, but I can see why l'etoile would express some mild concern.

Firewind Oct 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 10577039)
I agree with you that is how things should work. In my experience, they don't.

I have found that the front desk of Hyatt Places has no idea how to input bonus codes. I spoke to three different employees at one HP where I stayed. Not a one of them knew how to do this. I was told that it would occur automatically. Well, it didn't, even when inputting the code into the check in kiosk.

We no longer have diamond agents, even though the line is answered diamond desk. I was chasing bonus points this week, and spoke to a congenial young man. He went back to my reservation to see if I indeed had booked it with the bonus I was now requesting. I asked him what he would do if he didn't find it. He claimed that he was not obliged to give it to me. YMMV.

I don't want to drag this thread off into that topic, but I can see why l'etoile would express some mild concern.

I don't disagree with what you're saying about HP and SS front desk people being clueless re Gold Passport, and have testified to it several times on this board. But I inferred that she was saying she couldn't enter the G3 for the property during October, and so changed the rate basis and hotel. I was plotting a course so that she wouldn't have to pay more for the bonus. And in my recent experience, I've had no problem getting the G(whatever) bonuses applied retroactively by Gold Passport customer service.

(If you were reacting to my blithe tone in the post: point taken.)

l etoile Oct 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 10577160)
But I inferred that she was saying she couldn't enter the G3 for the property during October, and so changed the rate basis and hotel.

That is what I was saying, except for the changing hotel part. The G3 code would go in the box that the code is in for the discount. In this case, there's only one night where it would apply - Oct. 31 - so I just decided to be safe and put G3 there instead of the code for the 21 percent off promo and pay $9 more. I'd love to know it consistently works to get the promos applied when they are in the comments box.

derby44 Oct 25, 2008 11:04 pm

While the AAA rate is usually 10% off and this rate is supposed to be 21% off my AAA rate is over $7.00 cheaper for a stay at the Boston Hyatt downtown. Don't know how they arrive at these rates.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 25, 2008 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by derby44 (Post 10578301)
While the AAA rate is usually 10% off and this rate is supposed to be 21% off my AAA rate is over $7.00 cheaper for a stay at the Boston Hyatt downtown. Don't know how they arrive at these rates.

I think it's 21% off the "Prevailing Rate", which should be the rack rate. Have you checked to see if it's 21% off that rate?