Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency in Toronto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:02 pm
thc
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum

Just read this today:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/new-hyatt-regency-toronto-debuts/story.aspx?guid={E616B789-E946-48D9-8E64-6B5A48FA7A0B}&dist=hppr
Old Oct 16, 2008, 9:36 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by thc
Just read this today:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/new-hyatt-regency-toronto-debuts/story.aspx?guid={E616B789-E946-48D9-8E64-6B5A48FA7A0B}&dist=hppr
http://www.torontoregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/

This hotel was previously a Holiday Inn.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
About time Toronto got another HY property. Its ridiculous the Park Hyatt charges astronomical rates when it doesn't even feel/look like a Park Hyatt !
Old Oct 18, 2008, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This has been operating as the Holiday Inn on King and I posted the likelihood (on the ICH forum) that it would switch to a Hyatt a few months ago when local papers revealed the property had been sold to a Hyatt-related group. However, it is at the higher end of the HI scale and should fit nicely into the Hyatt brand. Nicely located too for toursim.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I wonder when was the last time that Hyatt took over a Holiday Inn.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Totally agree with Guy. Is about time another Hyatt open in TO. Can't wait to give it a try.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle
Went online and tried to reserve a room for June 2009. Was kicked over to a screen which stated they were not taking reservations and to call the 800 Hyatt Reservation system. I tried the Holiday Inn webpage and it was still accepting reservations for June 2009...so I made the reservation on the Holiday Inn webpage and just noted my Diamond Goldpassport number in the comment column. Decided to try to lock in the room rate in case the rates go up when it switches over to Hyatt.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Hyatt expands in Canada; Hyatt Regency Toronto, Canada, will open in January 2009

http://www.luxurytravelmagazine.co.u...xpands-canada/

The 394-room Hyatt Regency Toronto, Canada, will open in January 2009 in the centre of the city's entertainment district.

The property is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation that includes new guestrooms, lobby and meeting space.

Facilities will include a contemporary restaurant, lobby level wine bar, StayFit@Hyatt gym and a Regency Club.

The hotel will be within walking distance of attractions such as the CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Air Canada Centre, Princess of Wales Theatre, Royal Alexandra Theatre, Roy Thomson Hall, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts and the St. Lawrence Market.

Hyatt's portfolio in Canada also includes Hyatt Regency Montreal, Hyatt Regency Calgary and Hyatt Regency Vancouver.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 9:54 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by tcook052
Hyatt's portfolio in Canada also includes Hyatt Regency Montreal, Hyatt Regency Calgary and Hyatt Regency Vancouver.
Hmmm - no mention of the Park Hyatt Toronto - wonder if that's an oversight or they're trying to say something.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody been to this property as a Hyatt?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 7:22 am

I am going to try it this weekend and will report back.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dashi
I am going to try it this weekend and will report back.
Please do I for one am anxious to get a review of this property.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:26 pm

First Impression

I stayed at the HR on King Street three times so far (total of eight nights); the last stay was two weeks ago... their rates were really cheap and I was in Toronto for business. I like the hotel - their staff is very attentive and the renovations resulted in a very nice lobby. Self-Parking with unlimited in-and-out is CAD 18 per day and is perfectly ok - I did not feel the need to valet the car (at I believe CAD 34 per day).

The rooms are nice and newly renovated. I had a standard King room on the 17th floor once and twice I got upgraded to a city view King room (facing the Rogers Centre) on the 19th floor. The rooms have the comfortable Hyatt Bed and all have a 42" Plasma (although the hotel does not offer HD TV channels, just the standard hotel channels that many of the Toronto hotels seem to have). The room pic on the website is very representative of the actual room. Room size was good. The desk area has quite a few power outlets in a convenient location. Wireless internet is CAD 14.95 and is fast compared to other hotels in Toronto. The bathroom is nice but lacks a little bit of shelf space (not that it matters much - I just noticed it). The walls seem to have average noise blocking power - I only had a room neighbor once but could hear the TV through the wall (in all fairness, I guess the guy had the volume cranked up).

All in all I enjoyed my stays there - it feels like a 4* hotel and I would stay there again, especially at the current low rates of ~CAD 119 or so.

Slightly off-topic - I did not try the hotel restaurant or room service. There is a Starbucks right next door... and my favorite fast food place - Burrito Boyz - is a short 5 minute walk away.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:54 am

just checked in and took some pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/as40028/

Talked nicely to Allan at the front desk and got upgraded to a nice room on the 19th floor. Internet is supposed to be free with the gold passport enchancement.

It is better than a lot of old Hyatt Regency. Few small issue, no lotion in the room, slow elevators.

Have stayed at a lot of hotels in downtown, I would say overall it is a little bit better than most 4* since its newly renovated. They have a promotion on right now for $99/nite from TravelZoo (Code TVL241) which makes this a great value consider the bonus points too.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:30 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by dashi
just checked in and took some pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/as40028/

Talked nicely to Allan at the front desk and got upgraded to a nice room on the 19th floor. Internet is supposed to be free with the gold passport enchancement.

It is better than a lot of old Hyatt Regency. Few small issue, no lotion in the room, slow elevators.

Have stayed at a lot of hotels in downtown, I would say overall it is a little bit better than most 4* since its newly renovated. They have a promotion on right now for $99/nite from TravelZoo (Code TVL241) which makes this a great value consider the bonus points too.
Thanks for the pictures. I decided to give the hotel a try at the TravelZoo rate. To my surprise I was upgraded to a nice suite on the 18th floor for $99. It had a nice sitting area with couch and chair and really cool windows that rounded in and continued on the ceiling a foot or so -- they required some funky electric blinds to close. Suite design was very contemporary and had two large flat screen TVs (one in sitting area and the other in the bedroom). Diamond Breakfast was a hot buffet -- I wasn't offered a menu so not sure what the a la cart options were, but was told at check in they would take care of the breakfast charges with no specifics.

Service was great at check-in and amenity was promptly delivered; however, it was a little stingy. They only offered a half bottle of wine, but did have 3 beers which seemed like better value (very Canadian). Only problem was that I had to fight to get the free breakfast for the second guest in the room, but they did concede when I explained the benefit.

After the stay I found out that travelzoo was no longer giving stay credit, but they made a one time exception. With all the bonuses, including G2 and 2.5k I made about 5k for the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.