Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dushanbe Tajikistan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 2, 08, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Any news on this hotel? The Hyatt website projects opening as mid-2008.

As an aside, Hyatt shows location of Tajikistan as "Europe"; does this strike anyone else as odd?
Old Oct 3, 08, 8:28 am

Possibly the hotel is under the supervision of the "European Region" of Hyatt International.
Old Jan 31, 09, 10:37 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
My contacts in Omaha said March 2009... but I'll be there in March and try to see if I can get a preview
Old Apr 8, 09, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Now open! And I'm booked.

http://dushanbe.regency.hyatt.com/hy...tels/index.jsp
Old Apr 8, 09, 4:36 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Lucky!... I was suppose to be there on the first night it opened, but got a call from the Rooms manager (Say hello to Mr. Mangrio for me) that they wouldnt open for another week... bummer I'll be back to Dushanbe in June and hope to stay there then. Please give a full report when you get back, the property looks fantastic from the outside and is in a great location in the city.

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior View Post
Old Apr 8, 09, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Actually, you'll be there before I am, so I'll look for your trip report!
Old Mar 18, 13, 9:42 am

Did anyone ever stay here? Is this hotel leaving Hyatt? I can't seem to book it past April.
Old Mar 18, 13, 11:07 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Am I the only one who thinks about Spies Like Us whenver they hear "Dushanbe?"

Last edited by skunker; Mar 26, 13 at 8:38 pm
Old Sep 9, 14, 4:09 pm

- Stayed here in early August for 2 nights. Arrived in the early evening after a 11 hr taxi ride/border crossing adventure from Samarkand in Uzbekistan. Had booked 2 rooms and was happy that both rooms were on the 11th floor and that these were connecting rooms as requested.
- Diamond status acknowledge - I chose the welcome amenity of red wine and some brownies & fruit.
- Each room already had a bowl of fruit
- Lounge is on the 11th floor and has wine, beer, coffee, salads, and desserts laid out in the evening. Didn't see more that 3 people in the lounge the 2 days we were there. Breakfast was not served in the lounge - served in the restaurant downstairs (Cost for buffet was 130 TJS (approx $26)).
- There is no wifi in the lounge or in the rooms - only available in the lobby. The Malaysian soccer team and a large Chinese delegation was staying here so the lobby was normally crowded. Other than these two groups, just a few other business folks and some individual travelers.
- The center of town is about 2 km away. A shared taxi from outside the hotel costs 4 TJS per person
- Fitness center - did not use but seemed like it had a few workout machines. Pool is very bland and unexciting compared to other Hyatts. There is a steam room, jacuzzi, and a sauna available.
Old Sep 12, 14, 1:36 pm

I had a few stays there back in 2009-10... Here's a few pics of HR Dushanbe on my flickr page
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan View Post
Did anyone ever stay here? Is this hotel leaving Hyatt? I can't seem to book it past April.
Old Oct 1, 14, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Using a DSA on a 3 night p+c. Great! Due to no standard wifi in room they brought a router. Working good too, with multiple units.

Laundry delivered after 5 hours, without paying express fee.

Nice 3 course business lunch incl drinks for 90 TJS (18$).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: