Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Family of 4 - must get 2 rooms in EUR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond

It seems all Hyatt (that we stayed/plan to stay) in Europe allow 3 maximum guests per room. We have 2 toddlers so King bed + 1 rollaway is fine everywhere we go in US properties. Now my kids are getting big (8 and 4) and I am loosing Diamond status next year, I would like to know your experiences with family of 4 staying in one room......we plan to stay at Churchill London using points next.

Our experices in EUR for the last 18 months are:

CDG Airport - Paid nights with 2 + 1 kid, no problem when checking in with 2+2.
Berlin - FFN with 2+1, no problem when checking in with 2+2.
Milan - FFN with 2+1, no problem when checking in with 2+2.
Paris Vendom - FFN. Hotel contacted us and we agreed to pay FFN + 70 Euro per night to upgrade to a larger room to accommodate 2+2.

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:41 pm

My experience

Here is my experience (limited) when traveling as a family of 4

Paris Vendome - 2 rooms required
Berlin - 2 rooms
Istanbul - 2 rooms

Planned:
Bucharest - 2 rooms
Kiev - 2 rooms

I have not been able to find any Hyatt hotels that will accomodate a family of 4. This extends outside of Europe too - Santiago, Mendoza, Tokyo, Saigon, Singapore, Hong Kong.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 2:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Just as our two children reached the ages of your children, we had a 3rd child which means we immediately jumped to a need for two hotel rooms whenever we travel. That decision is clearly a balance between comfort and economics, and each of us has a different threshold (although I can tell you we have significantly higher satisfaction on our vacations with two rooms). Like you, we used to "low ball" the number of kids on our reservation and work out the details when we got there.

One thing that I think you'll find at the Churchill is that they don't have any rooms that connect. I may be dead wrong on this, but my Hyatt Private Line Agent contacted the hotel for me when they first joined Hyatt and that led us to find another property. Our older girls are in their early teen years now, so they actually like rooms that don't connect!

Good luck,

InHoc
Old Sep 19, 2008, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InHoc
Churchill is that they don't have any rooms that connect.
I wrote to Churchill and they told me that they have connecting rooms in View-room catagory and their 3 per room policy. Using points, I am not sure if they would upgrade us to 2 view connecting rooms since I maybe loosing my Diamond status next year.

We prefer one room (or suite) for safety reasons, we like to be close to the kids at night.

Thank you for the feedback, currently searching for "family room" elsewhere and Churchill will be our back up plan.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 8:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 168
Thank you for the feedback, currently searching for "family room" elsewhere and Churchill will be our back up plan.
Brown's (at least prior to the renovation) had some rooms that are basically 2 Bedrooms within the one room - I wouldn't call them suites since they don't have a sitting area.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:06 am

A number of the Marriotts in London used to accomodate a family of 4. In fact this was one of the main reasons that Marriott was my primary choice for a number of years. In recent years this has been changing - example - Marriott County Hall only accomodates 3 people max now.

I believe Marble Arch and the Ren Chancery Court still do. Doesn't help you with Hyatt points but an option
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:35 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in one of the end suites on the 3rd floor on my last stay at the Churchill and it had a connecting door to the next room. However, it's hard to imagine that 2 adults plus 2 small kids couldn't fit into ANY of the suites at the Churchill. All of the suites have, in addition to the bathroom off the bedroom, a second toilet/sink lav at the entranceway.

This might be more expensive than two rooms but should work. If the hotel says no, I'd just not mention the extra kid until you got there. As was pointed out in another recent lengthy thread, a suite at the Churchill is not equivalent to two rooms!

If the Churchill doesn't work, how about that other Hyatt, the Asda, or whatever it is called?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
it's hard to imagine that 2 adults plus 2 small kids couldn't fit into ANY of the suites at the Churchill......If the Churchill doesn't work, how about that other Hyatt, the Asda, or whatever it is called?
Tried suite, also 3 maximum guests! Andaz, not a bad idea.....free breakfast, limited mini bar, movie and laundry.....

US Hyatts are much more family friendly compares to Global Hyatts.
Feels like a "Red China" policy.....One kid per family or we will make you pay for another room!
Old Sep 20, 2008, 6:49 am

I have been told that Japanese hotels and Australian hotels are even stricter, although I have not had any experience in this regard.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
I have been told that Japanese hotels and Australian hotels are even stricter, although I have not had any experience in this regard.
2 rooms were required for Tokyo, boys were 6 and 2 at the time. Thanks to FT/Orbitz, we end up getting 2 rooms at Inter-Cont Tokyo Bay instead.

PH Sydney using FFN - week long stay in one room for the four of us. Then again, kids were 4 and 10 months old at the time......
Old Sep 21, 2008, 4:19 pm

In Fukouka too we needed 2 rooms and the same seems to be the case in Seoul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.