Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Awards - Wanted & Cancelling - Clearing Thread - 9/15/08-2/28/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awards - Wanted & Cancelling - Clearing Thread - 9/15/08-2/28/09

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, Hilton Diamond
I also was able to get a FFN award at the GH Kauai on 2/18 after checking daily for the past 2 weeks. Persistence does pay off!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Looking for Hotel Victor in Miami Beach, FL for 2/23 - 2/28. I know its a long shot!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 1:04 pm

I haven't seen any interest, but I just released two nights at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, February 14th and 15th.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:13 am

Just released a FFN for Hyatt Maui for Feb. 12, 13, 14, & 18.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:46 pm
rkp

I am looking for March 5 - 9 or any days in that time at the Highlands Inn in Carmel.

The Hyatt folks are giving me mixed messages as to whether the FFN can even be used at that hotel so would appreciate any clarification on that if someone knows.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkp
I am looking for March 5 - 9 or any days in that time at the Highlands Inn in Carmel.

The Hyatt folks are giving me mixed messages as to whether the FFN can even be used at that hotel so would appreciate any clarification on that if someone knows.
It can definitely be used but probably one of the most difficult properties to get an award reservation at due to its small size. There are no properties that are exempt from FFN redemptions this round (except for brand new just opened properties).
Old Feb 24, 2009, 9:24 am
rkp

Originally Posted by peteropny
It can definitely be used but probably one of the most difficult properties to get an award reservation at due to its small size.
Thank you peteropny. I am new to the Hyatt program so still learning all the details. Do hotels open up award availability as they get closer to the days its sold out? The Highlands Inn is showing plenty of rooms right now and I am wondering if Hyatt would leave the rooms empty or have a FFN stayer at least spending money at the restaurants.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by rkp
Thank you peteropny. I am new to the Hyatt program so still learning all the details. Do hotels open up award availability as they get closer to the days its sold out? The Highlands Inn is showing plenty of rooms right now and I am wondering if Hyatt would leave the rooms empty or have a FFN stayer at least spending money at the restaurants.
They will leave it empty rather than fill it with FFN stays. There is only 1 single award room made available at Highlands every night of the year. Good luck getting it for your nights, I doubt it will happen, but be ready right at the normal cancellation deadline just in case the person who has those nights on FFN cancels it. You need to plan WAAAAAAY in advance to normally nab a weekend award night at this property.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I have booked the Highlands Inn with a free night award twice in the past three months getting a room on my first call to customer service and both times for a weekend stay.

I just tell the agent I will take any date and the first time was a Friday night award reservation and the second time was a Saturday night reservation for stays within two weeks of my calls.

Perhaps I am lucky, or maybe there is a little extra pull being a diamond member, or perhaps the rate of $225 per night lately means the hotel is not too full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.