Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
As long as you didn't leave a deposit, you can pay with your MC. It doesn't matter what card you used to hold the room.

IF you left a deposit, the front desk may be able to refund it on the original card and move it onto your MC.
Thanks, my rate is not prepaid. The brilliant web site won't let one change the credit card, which I put on my AMEX through force of habit.

Time to take my stupid MC out of the drawer for the next few months. It only gets used at this time of the year as it yields no other meaningful rewards.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
And if you left a deposit, you could offer to check out after the deposit is used up and check in again. The hotel might arrange to count it as a MC stay if you did that or maybe without doing that if most of the charges are on MC. I would suggest asking at the front desk upon check in.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Thanks, my rate is not prepaid. The brilliant web site won't let one change the credit card, which I put on my AMEX through force of habit.
My pleasure

One difference though - they may have taken a deposit even if it's not a prepaid stay (ie., an LTO). Most of the Hyatts I go to take a 1 night deposit for the stay.

Oh, and Hyatt is not known for their outstanding website. We're just happy it works
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by mmgm
Interesting clarification from CS. The free nights can be earned with any credit card. However, if MC is used, 2000 bonus points after each 2 stays will be given- multiple times allowed.
Are we really sure FFN starts on 9/1 and that you can use any credit card? The 2 CS agents I spoke with indicated that there were no plans that they knew of for FFN to start on 9/1, and given that it was past 8/15/08 and 9/1 is a holiday, they would have announced it by now.

I hope the information the OP and others have is accurate.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:29 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Guaranteed accurate, including the credit card info.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: United-1K, Million Miler; SPG-Titanium and Lifetime Platinum; Globalist
FFN Confirmed with Diamond CS on 8/17

I called and confirmed yesterday, earn b/w 9-1 and 12/30, spend 9/15 to 2/28.

Does anyone have any idea what the Starwood promotion is going to be to compete with this? Another poster indicated it was going to be very competitive with FFN. I can't get anything out of Platinum concierge other than innuendo.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:53 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sscott77
Does anyone have any idea what the Starwood promotion is going to be to compete with this? Another poster indicated it was going to be very competitive with FFN. I can't get anything out of Platinum concierge other than innuendo.
I don't recall any single promotion offered by any hotel chain that has ever been anywhere near comparable to FFN, but that's just my opinion. I'd be surprised if Starwood can come close to this, it would have to be along the lines of 10,000 point bonus for every two stays, and I just don't see that happening.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA
Ffn

In English, can someone please explain this promotion to me. What is FFN? I am a Diamond member with Hyatt. Should I be trying to stay with Hyatt more during this promo time?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
FFN is a promotion that we all wait for Hyatt to offer every year where you normally have 2-3 months to stay in most Hyatt properties in order to earn a faster free night (FFN). Two stays gets you a free night.

Strategy is to stay in relatively cheap(er) Hyatts and earn the FFN certs to burn in exoctic locales like Tokyo, Kauai, Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, etc.

See the threads in FT...
Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:01 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Originally Posted by holtju2
Probably true. Isn't this quite close to last years FFN period? The use by is normally just a month later tham when the earning ends. This time it would be two months + 1 month Diamond allowance.
Is the 1 Month Diamond Allowance confirmed?

What does a person have to do to invoke this +1 allowance in booking FFNs?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Is the 1 Month Diamond Allowance confirmed?
No. It is an informal policy and, as such, should not be counted on. However, Diamonds (and even non-Diamonds with good reason -- in my case, a paralyzing snowstorm standing between me and my award stay) have in the past had telephone customer service book FFN stays after FFN had officially ended.

@SScott77: Starwood's fourth-quarter promo will be announced on 15 September.

@srodr: see my post above, #23, with regard to booking award stays before FFN starts. Book with points now, call later.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
newbie FFN question

Hi,

I'm a relative hyatt newbie (only a few stays). However, I was planning on going on a trip in mid September. So far, have booked 2 nights at one hotel (i.e. 1 stay). However, if I were to change that to one night at the currently booked hotel, and the subsequent night at a nearby hyatt, would that count as two separate stays AND thus qualify for a free night certificate? Are all internet rates eligible (including, e.g. the non-refundable 'best' rates)?

Secondly, how easy are the certificates to redeem? In October, wouldn't mind redeeming the certificate for hyatt Newport, RI. Since I don't have many hyatt points (insufficient to book a night), is there any way of making sure (or even determining now) whether there would be availability by the time I would get my certificate? I don't mind reserving a room with my CC (refundable rate) if that makes a difference.

Any advice and help appreciated.

tb
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

trueblu - yes switching properties the second ight would earn you the FFN (also known as Hotel Hopping here on Flyertalk). The non-refundable hyatt.com definitely qualifies.

FFNs are relatively easy to redeem except for the most expensive properties around (eg Park Tokyo, Park Paris Vendome etc). October I would guess is not peak time for Newport RI, so I would think it you should be ok. There is no way to pre-book this (unless you have enough points to "hold" the award - works for Diamonds usually). Reserving a revenue room will not help since its different inventory.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:17 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by sscott77
I called and confirmed yesterday, earn b/w 9-1 and 12/30, spend 9/15 to 2/28.

Who are you guys calling? I called the plat line last night and the girl knew nothing about it?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by srodr
Who are you guys calling? I called the plat line last night and the girl knew nothing about it?
FFN = Fast Free Night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.