Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Now that the 1,000 point bonus can be selected outside the US, some properties chose to only provide the amenity if selected at check in. I would have though the PH MEL, like other PHs, was above this.
I don't really see the complaint here..... all it means is that it's now your choice if you value the points over an amenity, or otherwise. Why would you expect a property to offer both?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW1
I don't really see the complaint here..... all it means is that it's now your choice if you value the points over an amenity, or otherwise. Why would you expect a property to offer both?
In my experience, most Park Hyatt properties I've been to seem to do both. I don't expect it, and I wouldn't complain about it -- even here. But it's definitely something in my experience that tends to set them apart.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:41 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RTW1
Read the posts up thread. Diamond recognition, collectively, used to be stellar. It has declined with the 2 recent GMs.

Most properties that have a guest with over 200 nights differentiate then over other Diamonds. The daily Hyatt staff briefings including a total number of night at Hyatt worldwide, as well as that single property for recognition.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't need to read up.... even though things might have changed I find your expectation of getting both the points and then the also amenity (which was compensated with points) to be somewhat ludicrous. Simply state you want the amenity and be done with it, that's what a choice between two things actually means.

Last edited by RTW1; Nov 3, 2014 at 11:09 am
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Is it common for suites to have less maximum guests per room than non-suites? I have a stay coming up at the end of December and was hoping to use a DSU. The entry suite is available but no dice due to maximum guests per room = 2. Will have to hope for a Club Deluxe at check-in as I'm on a P&C rate.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:31 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Is it common for suites to have less maximum guests per room than non-suites? I have a stay coming up at the end of December and was hoping to use a DSU. The entry suite is available but no dice due to maximum guests per room = 2. Will have to hope for a Club Deluxe at check-in as I'm on a P&C rate.
DSUs are wasted at this property. You don't need to hope for a Club Deluxe, as a Diamond you are unofficially guaranteed one.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
DSUs are wasted at this property. You don't need to hope for a Club Deluxe, as a Diamond you are unofficially guaranteed one.
Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:08 am

So, have a forthcoming stay over Christmas at the PHMelbourne. Didn't apply my DSU & this is my 2nd award stay at this property. I take it for those that have stayed recently diamond upgrade to Club deluxe has pretty much been implicitly guaranteed? Tx in advance,
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by davidliu
So, have a forthcoming stay over Christmas at the PHMelbourne. Didn't apply my DSU & this is my 2nd award stay at this property. I take it for those that have stayed recently diamond upgrade to Club deluxe has pretty much been implicitly guaranteed? Tx in advance,
Look 2 posts higher
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Let me put it this way, I have only ever stayed in "Club Deluxe King" or "Park Deluxe Spa" rooms (~60sqm) when booking the cheapest (base) room using my company's rate, or the recent flash sale rate.

I have never personally used a DSU here, but I know some FTers who have. It seems that you get the regular "Park Suite", sometimes known as the "Cathedral Suite" because they overlook St Patrick's Cathedral. Those rooms are ~55sqm, and have a long, thin layout.

The other (larger) suites in this hotel are amazing, but I have never stayed in one as a guest.

As such, I suggest your DSU might be better used elsewhere.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by penegal
The other (larger) suites in this hotel are amazing, but I have never stayed in one as a guest.
Upgraded to Diplomat suite on a point stay. One of the top suites I've had with Hyatt.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Read the posts up thread. Diamond recognition, collectively, used to be stellar. It has declined with the 2 recent GMs.

Most properties that have a guest with over 200 nights differentiate then over other Diamonds. The daily Hyatt staff briefings including a total number of night at Hyatt worldwide, as well as that single property for recognition.
Do you happen to know how award nights either points or points + cash figure into the total world side nights, and is this by year or by lifetime?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Do you happen to know how award nights either points or points + cash figure into the total world side nights, and is this by year or by lifetime?
It's a cumulative count of: a) Nights at this hotel b) Nights at Hyatt worldwide.

Both figures are a lifetime total.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
It's a cumulative count of: a) Nights at this hotel b) Nights at Hyatt worldwide.

Both figures are a lifetime total.
Interesting - so do award nights count too, or just paid nights?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:48 pm

Hi, I'm looking to make a 2 night booking at this hotel using Chase UR points for the Gourmet Delight package with $100 food voucher.

Can see that I can make 2 separate 1 night bookings that shows the voucher. Does anyone know if do that, I can get the $100 credit twice, as in for each night? I'd be willing to also book one night in my name, and the other in my wife's then checkout/checkin between nights if this would work.

Also does anyone know if this package is good for room service or breakfast, besides dinner?

Last edited by njdealguy; Dec 9, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.