Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 4:48 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adam1222
If it is a "toddler", that would not be a newborn.
Was that worth responding to?

The Maternity wing is full of families who all stay together. I was giving useful information to the OP.
shillard likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:35 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by outgoing
We're here right now for 10 days. We used upgrade certificates to park suite and no additional upgrade was offered even though the hotel feels half empty. That's kind of disappointing b/c I'd really love to try the room with the balcony. Staff is nice but there is a lot of trainees so they must have went through a lot of staff turnover due to Covid. Location works for me given that I have business at the Uni. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Toiletries are Bergamote 22 which we like albeit it's annoying that they only gave us 50 ml in the suite despite staying 10 days. We were just in Park Hyatt Doha and in suites they have 75ml there. Just feels environmentally unfriendly with the 50ml. Covid-wise I think everything is back to normal here, which frankly freaks us out a bit coming from Seattle given the levels of Covid in Victoria, basically nobody wears masks and everything is open. I asked about getting the breakfast benefit to go to eat in our room but it was denied. Apparently it's a buffet so I will update the post as we progress with our stay. Happy to answer any questions you might have.
On my last 5 or 6 stays I've had the 75ml already waiting in a non suite room. Are you using daily housekeeping? -I've always viewed the larger bottle as a trade off for skipping housekeeping.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Thanks for the helpful comments. I will ask for higher floor. We are in Cathedral Wing but on 10th floor out of 12 I think. Odd on the toiletries. We don't do housekeeping b/c of Covid so even more surprising that they said no to larger bottles.

FWIW, the hotel is really nice in my view. Not on par with some of the other top 5* hotels we stayed at (e.g., RC Kyoto or PH Tokyo) but just solid quality. Breakfast was just ok. The buffet is fine, good fresh fruit, but the a la carte poached eggs we ordered came cold. Very good coffee though!
Old May 29, 2022, 6:59 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks for the helpful comments. I will ask for higher floor. We are in Cathedral Wing but on 10th floor out of 12 I think. Odd on the toiletries. We don't do housekeeping b/c of Covid so even more surprising that they said no to larger bottles.

FWIW, the hotel is really nice in my view. Not on par with some of the other top 5* hotels we stayed at (e.g., RC Kyoto or PH Tokyo) but just solid quality. Breakfast was just ok. The buffet is fine, good fresh fruit, but the a la carte poached eggs we ordered came cold. Very good coffee though!
I have several hundred nights at the hotel, it was my home away from home.

It's not modern, but it is understated elegance. There's over a million dollars of artwork in the hotel and it's an oasis of calm vs the GH that is more akin to a busy train station with so many guests.

I suggest calling front desk and asking for larger bottles of toiletries given you have declined housekeeping because of Covid. I would be surprised if they refused.

Also, there are several different configurations of Park Suites. Despite the categories on the website there are 37 different room configurations so if you're unhappy with your neighbour you should be able to easily change.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Thanks! Super helpful. Yeah, we figured that with just 20 AUD difference in price between PH and GH it's totally worth it to go with PH. Last time front desk declined regarding toiletries but we will just do "hang up and call again" thing. I think the baby moved out from room next door so we're fine for now but maybe we try different configuration mid-stay just to check it out (although I hate troubling people with moving us). Do you think it's possible to see these art pieces and get some tour of it? They did it for us at RC Kyoto and it was very interesting. I guess we'll just ask at the front desk.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:03 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Thanks! Super helpful. Yeah, we figured that with just 20 AUD difference in price between PH and GH it's totally worth it to go with PH. Last time front desk declined regarding toiletries but we will just do "hang up and call again" thing. I think the baby moved out from room next door so we're fine for now but maybe we try different configuration mid-stay just to check it out (although I hate troubling people with moving us). Do you think it's possible to see these art pieces and get some tour of it? They did it for us at RC Kyoto and it was very interesting. I guess we'll just ask at the front desk.
Just ask on both counts.

Room moves are a very standard request. It’s up to you whether you choose to pack and unpack again.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:29 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Checked in today and it appears they are transitioning away from La Labo with the bottles of bath/shower gel being "Mor".

Old Sep 4, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chad75
Checked in today and it appears they are transitioning away from La Labo with the bottles of bath/shower gel being "Mor".

Most likely supply chain issues.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:04 am

I'm meeting my friend here and we have different flight times. If I add them as a guest to the room I booked then they should be able to check in first before I get there, right? I've done this before in the US but this will be my first trip to AUS. Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by bw1985
I'm meeting my friend here and we have different flight times. If I add them as a guest to the room I booked then they should be able to check in first before I get there, right? I've done this before in the US but this will be my first trip to AUS. Thanks
Yes, that shouldn't be an issue. You can call Hyatt and have them add your friend to the room reservation or contact the hotel directly.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:20 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

As many International hotels do they will likely request your friends
passport at check in
Make sure after adding the second name you get a copy of the booking
sent to you with the added name on it
There have been times with both Hyatt and Marriott have not gotten the
second name on despite saying they had

In one case my family member sat in the lobby for 4 hours
I prefer Hilton and IHg when adding a second name you can do it right online when booking
Marriott and Hyatt and are a pita when adding a second name and Marriott even worse
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
passport at check in

I prefer Hilton and IHg when adding a second name you can do it right online when booking
Marriott and Hyatt and are a pita when adding a second name and Marriott even worse
You can do it with Hyatt at the time of booking too by putting it in the additional instructions section of the booking. I have had that work without any issues I can recall.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
You can do it with Hyatt at the time of booking too by putting it in the additional instructions section of the booking. I have had that work without any issues I can recall.
I assume you mean the comments requests section.Unfortunately that is a poor way to go as when they give
their name it’s not going to pull up in the system And some agents don’t look at comments others do
The one sharing the room would need to give the primary guests name and refer to the comments section
Its not recommend imo except to call and my understanding as it’s not technically official but may fly on a good day
ive done it too mixed results in the past
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
I assume you mean the comments requests section.
Unfortunately that may be a poor way to go as when they give
their name @ check in it’s not going to pull up in the system
And some agents don’t look at comments others do
The one sharing the room would need to give the primary guests name and refer to the comments section
Its not recommend imo except to call it in and my understanding it’s not technically official but may fly on a good day
I’ve done it too mixed results in the past both with success and failure

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 4, 2022 at 1:20 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
passport at check in

You could also have Hyatt concierge via Facebook or Twitter add their name and it should go through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.