Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Sawasdee
I had stayed at the PH Melbourne for 18 months and it is my favorite property in the city.
Wow, consistently, in the same room, for the duration? Did you accumulate millions of GP points? Did they swap your room from time to time? Curious what benefits you got, etc.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm fascinated too to find out the cost and the points accumulated
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:02 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Originally Posted by ainternational
Wow, consistently, in the same room, for the duration? Did you accumulate millions of GP points? Did they swap your room from time to time? Curious what benefits you got, etc.
Sorry for late reply. No, I did check out every month and spent one week every month in Denver so it was not quite "consecutive 18 months". I received same benefits as a normal Diamond... I just got to know a lot of staffs there at a personal level. It took me an hour to say good-bye to everyone on my last check-out day there.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: -
Can anyone comment on the quality of the food/beverage at the club lounge?

I am trying to decide between:

1) Regular rate (310 AUD) + 3k points for a club room
2) Amex rate (310 AUD) for regular room + $100 food/beverage credit + breakfast + potential upgrade + early/late check-in check-out. Hotel says they may even upgrade me to club on that rate, but I wouldn't have access to the club lounge.

#2 seems like the clear winner, but I guess it's unique to see a Club Lounge at PH, so wanted to hear some opinions. This is 1 night only.

Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:08 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jfkcnf

2) Amex rate (310 AUD) for regular room + $100 food/beverage credit + breakfast + potential upgrade + early/late check-in check-out. Hotel says they may even upgrade me to club on that rate, but I wouldn't have access to the club lounge.

#2 seems like the clear winner, but I guess it's unique to see a Club Lounge at PH, so wanted to hear some opinions. This is 1 night only.

Thanks!
Food: Generally 2 hot canapés, several cold including sushi or seafood, selection of breads and dips, cheeses and desserts.

Drinks: Free pour spirits, sparkling wine and beet as well as juice sand soft drinks.

It's very odd for a club upgrade not to upgrade with club access. I doubt the answer you have been given.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:19 am

I'd definitely take rate 2. i don't think club room is worth more than $100 f/b credit + bf.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
And you may have access to the club with Hyatt Plat + FHR anyway...
However the benefit when I was here was a afternoon tea for 2, not a 100$ credit. Did that change (or is the Amex rate different than FHR) ?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jfkcnf

Thanks!
For the most part I enjoyed the evening offerings in the lounge. Staff are superb.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:13 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I'd definitely take rate 2. i don't think club room is worth more than $100 f/b credit + bf.
Actually the difference between are a Park King and Club Deluxe is huge. Def worth more than $199.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Actually the difference between are a Park King and Club Deluxe is huge. Def worth more than $199.
but fhr promises an upgrade upon available? I haven't stayed in a park king room (I was at i believe a spa delux king with club access) but the upgraded room is worth $199?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:47 pm

I meant $99. As I said, you if you get a Club Deluxe, it includes Club access.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:08 pm

I used to stay at this property fortnightly. Returned last week after a long break and there is another new GM who was the former finance manager.

While the automatic upgrades of Diamonds is a stellar benefit, there are no more welcome amenities, rather just a printed card from the GM, not even hand signed. Sholto always used to handwrite cards himself, and have a bottle of wine and nuts or chocolates delivered.

Such a small thing, but it has a rather big impact. The water bottles by the bed, however, are now free.

Last edited by m0hamed; Nov 2, 2014 at 4:43 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Hi guys, I recently posted a review of my stay in a Park Suite, over in the Trip Reports forum.

Hopefully my review will help people to decide whether or not to use a DSU or whether to pick the PH over the GH.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I used to stay at this property fortnightly. Returned last week after a long break and there is another new GM who was the former finance manager.

While the automatic upgrades of Diamonds is a stellar benefit, there are no more welcome amenities, rather just a printed card from the GM, not even hand signed. Sholto always used to handwrite cards himself, and have a bottle of wine and nuts or chocolates delivered.

Such a small thing, but it has a rather big impact. The water bottles by the bed, however, are now free.
So you weren't provided a Diamond welcome amenity?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by danger
So you weren't provided a Diamond welcome amenity?
Now that the 1,000 point bonus can be selected outside the US, some properties chose to only provide the amenity if selected at check in. I would have though the PH MEL, like other PHs, was above this.

The welcome card is printed and isn't even in an envelope with your name written on it.

In my line of business, I know the impact a handwritten note can make.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.