Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 10:39 am

Question on Park Hyatt Melbourne

Is there a Regency Club at the Park Hyatt Melbourne? The Hyatt website doesn't indicate any rooms in that category for a 1 night stay next January.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 11:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chuck1:
Is there a Regency Club at the Park Hyatt Melbourne? The Hyatt website doesn't indicate any rooms in that category for a 1 night stay next January.</font>

Yes, they have a Club at the Park Hyatt Melbourne. It is of good size and the staff and food presentations are great. Very nice hotel.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:39 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The RC was closed the last time I was there, not sure of the current status. The PH is very nice, the 2nd best hotel in Melbourne and much better than the Grand Hyatt.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rooms on the RC floor are great, but I've had spotty service there on previous (not recent) stays. If the RC remains closed, that would be a significant negative -- there were enough evening hot/cold munchies in the club to make a passable dinner. I may try it again in the fall to see what the hotel is like now.

Old Jun 7, 2003, 2:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Last I heard the Regency Club was closed
The story went then that no other Park Hyatt did it.
But being other hotels in town do.
I believe it may have been a mistake.
And it was a great one.........Without question

It really was a large part of my desire to return there over other area properties.
The front office manager at PH Melbourne has been with Hyatt in Australia for many years
He really goes out of his way to look out after GP members.
Even on reward I was treated better then my first revenue stay there.
Solid hotel in a magical quiet exclusive setting
There should be some other threads on this
Enjoy/Cheers

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 06-07-2003).]
Old Jun 9, 2003, 2:18 pm

During my stay at the Melbourne Park in April the RC was closed and I was told buy the front desk clerk during check in that it would not be re opened. She stated that due to branding issues that it would not be offered at that Park Hyatt. They did offer complimentry breakfast and a $25 drink credit in one of the lounges since my reservation had been made for a regency club room. Since I don't hold any staus in GP and do not frequently stay at Hyatt I didn't ask any questions.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 3:47 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I think it is a real pitty, that they closed that club!
Old Jun 11, 2003, 3:48 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

At Hyatt, we take our guest comments seriously. In response to your and
other guests' feedback, Park Hyatt Melbourne will reopen its Club lounge on
June 21, 2003.

Once again, you will have access to a private lounge with great views of
the city. You'll enjoy an extensive continental breakfast and all day
coffee and tea service. During our evening cocktail hour, you'll be able
to relax with a glass of Australian wine or another beverage, accompanied
by delicious snacks.

At Park Hyatt Melbourne and other Hyatt hotels that provide a Regency Club
or Grand Club lounge, access is available at a modest extra charge. As
always, Diamond Gold Passport members enjoy complimentary access to our
lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.

With warm regards,

Julia Moore
Gold Passport Internet Concierge

Old Jun 11, 2003, 4:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Awesome! I should warn you that because the RC was closed I stayed at the Westin Melbourne recently, and it was better than the PH! So now I am converted to the Westin (at least in Melbourne, the other Westins are nowhere near the excellence of that particular hotel). The PH has some improving to do beyond re-opening the club to be the best hotel in town and earn the business of people like me who have found better alternatives.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
TR- Melbourne PArk Hyatt

Hi All,

I invite you to review my TR on the MEL PH:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...01#post3348601

Overall it was a disappointing stay and hopefully I will hear back from the manager sometime this week.

If they PH/GH in Tokyo are like this then I will cancel the reservation right away.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Park Hyatt Melbourne/double charged

My stay at the hotel had its ups and downs. I had arranged through the hotel to be picked up upon my arrival in Melbourne but when I arrived there was no one to meet me at the airport. I took a taxi to the hotel. The hotel apologized and paid my taxi fare. Fine.

Three times during my stay I had big problems with my electronic keycard/door lock. Each time it took maintenance about 15 minutes to get the lock to function properly. The hotel apologized and upgraded me. The room to which I was upgraded smelled stale, I didn't like the layout and thought the room was awkward compared to the corner room I had had. I didn't complain because the hotel really seemed to be trying.

A week after my stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne I got a credit card invoice for $180 in the mail. No explanation or cover letter, just an invoice. Park Hyatt Melbourne had charged me an additional $180. I called customer service here in the US to find out what this charge was for and a few days later received an email from Park Hyatt Melbourne apologizing for double charging me for the mini-bar. They removed the charge.

The reason I'm writing this is that I if I hadn't been vigilant and questioned the charge I would have paid an additional $180. I told a Four Seasons staff member about my experience and he quickly told me Four Seasons would have given me some free nights if I had encountered the same problems with them. I asked Hyatt customer service for compensation -----nothing.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marbro
...The hotel apologized and paid my taxi fare. Fine....The hotel apologized and upgraded me. ...a few days later received an email from Park Hyatt Melbourne apologizing for double charging me for the mini-bar. They removed the charge.
PH MEL paid for your taxi fare, upgraded you and refunded the mini-bar charge. What additional compensation should you get? Maybe you could request it from the Four Seasons since they encouraged you to write.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:52 am

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
The reason I'm writing this is that I if I hadn't been vigilant and questioned the charge I would have paid an additional $180. I told a Four Seasons staff member about my experience and he quickly told me Four Seasons would have given me some free nights if I had encountered the same problems with them. I asked Hyatt customer service for compensation -----nothing.
The last time I stayed at the Four Seasons, they overcharged me $4800!

Took a while to get it corrected. Nothing complimentart, no points, nada...
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
A week after my stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne I got a credit card invoice for $180 in the mail. No explanation or cover letter, just an invoice. Park Hyatt Melbourne had charged me an additional $180. I called customer service here in the US to find out what this charge was for and a few days later received an email from Park Hyatt Melbourne apologizing for double charging me for the mini-bar. They removed the charge.
More mysterious and interesting: Who in their sane mind consumes 180 dollar's worth from a hotel minibar?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:42 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Three times during my stay I had big problems with my electronic keycard/door lock. Each time it took maintenance about 15 minutes to get the lock to function properly. The hotel apologized and upgraded me. The room to which I was upgraded smelled stale, I didn't like the layout and thought the room was awkward compared to the corner room I had had. I didn't complain because the hotel really seemed to be trying.
That is one thing we definitely agree on. This hotel is VERY trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.