Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Marrakech (scheduled opening 01 Feb 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Marrakech (scheduled opening 01 Feb 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 24, 2023, 1:03 pm

got the news today that they making the final preparations or the grand opening
cornelis
Gioventu likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Also, Instagram Account for the hotel started posting last week (nothing interesting yet).

They're definitely gearing up!
Gioventu likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Marriott FSPP
Its been so long for the wait.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Bring a carbon monoxide detector the first few months.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
Bring a carbon monoxide detector the first few months.
A what??
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:41 pm

I dont understand !
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by rota
A what??
Two tourists vacationing at a newly built Hyatt property in Mexico died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Poor ventilation or something in the paint if I recall correctly.

Better yet, wait a year before visiting?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:59 pm

so far i can read in the newspapers they dont know what is the reason .
If its the paint there would be a massacre there the same with bad ventilation .
To wait a year i really dont understand !
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:32 am

New opening date is 2/1/2024

I emailed the hotel directly as Ill be in Marrakech. its been pushed back 😒

Email just received:

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your interest in booking with us. We appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to hosting you at our establishment.

However, we regret to inform you that our opening date has been rescheduled. Instead of December 15th,2023 , we are now set to open our doors on February 1st, 2024.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
interestingly the site is letting you book earlier. I booked online for my trip next August and it's expensive, even at opening special rates. Hopefully it'll drop as it seems very high relative to other hotels including Nobu.

suites are a little disappointing too - I'm seeing what the upsell cost would be from a king suite as the globalist upgrade voucher and even premium suites are essentially junior suites.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 8:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
are you serious??? calling what is at best a deluxe room a standard suite and a deluxe view room a premium suite is really spitting in the face of globalists imo.
Guess they don"t want our business. Pity was waiting for this resort to open, but i guess i'll take my business elsewhere. RAK has plenty of places to stay.

can only advise anyone who feels like i do that this is a new low of a poperty playing games with the system to drop a note to the GM.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Definitely getting off in a bad way. Booked a week stay on points in the top suite (Park Suite King Mountain View) available for a points booking. Contacted the property, as I always do, to discuss what a Lifetime Globalist (me) should expect as a courtesy upgrade. "Nothing" unless I wanted to pay a supplement of $530-$630 per night. I'll note that supplement is ON TOP of 50,000 points per night to book suites that otherwise sell for $1200-$1300 /nt. Make that make sense to me?

So that's that for me, tier status at this property is not recognized. 142 stay nights worldwide this year, was frequently upgraded to top level suites, sometimes on free night bookings.

Going to be looking at other properties in Marrakech (hello Aman), or just bypassing it altogether.

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Dec 28, 2023 at 3:32 am Reason: corrected supplement dollar amounts
Old Dec 27, 2023, 8:49 pm

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124446
Opening has been officially announced for today 🤔

But no bookings possible until February 1st in the app.

Lounge Lizard would not take it too serious what a property's staff says on opening day. They may not be aware of anything yet. They'll be learning for quite some time how to treat guests. So give them some time and try again via Mail or via globalist line.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by rota
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124446
Opening has been officially announced for today 🤔

But no bookings possible until February 1st in the app.

Lounge Lizard would not take it too serious what a property's staff says on opening day. They may not be aware of anything yet. They'll be learning for quite some time how to treat guests. So give them some time and try again via Mail or via globalist line.
Not my first rodeo. Subsequent discussion was with senior mgt. Policy is from top down. If you book a suite there is no courtesy upgrade path for Globalist or LGLOB.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:02 am

It took more than a decade to finally open this hotel, but it looks like the wait was not worth it at all.
I see zero reason to stay at this hotel when traveling to Marrakech.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.