Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Marrakech (scheduled opening 01 June 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:27 pm
trd
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond

Hyatt's press release:

GLOBAL HYATT CORPORATION AND ALLIANCES GROUP ANNOUNCE
PARK HYATT MARRAKECH, SET TO OPEN IN 2011
Chicago, May 30, 2008 - Affiliates of Global Hyatt Corporation and Alliances Group have announced
the signing of a management agreement for Park Hyatt Marrakech.
Located within the impressive Al Maaden residential and leisure development, Park Hyatt Marrakech
will offer modern architectural design, rich residential interiors, creative restaurant concepts, and a
lounge and elegant bar – all designed to appeal to both hotel guests and the residents of Al Maaden.
The 120-room hotel will open in 2011, and will become the 33rd hotel in the Park Hyatt portfolio.
Ideally located near the historical and cultural center of Marrakech, Al Maaden is set against the
spectacular backdrop of the Atlas Mountains, and will feature a resort complex and Moroccan gardeninspired
18-hole golf course, designed by award-winning golf course designer Kyle Phillips. Renowned
architects Didier Lefort, Eduardo Gaggiano, Cheong Yew Kuan and Patrick Genard will collaborate to
design the development project.
“Marrakech is one of the world’s most popular holiday destinations, with an impressive development
and a sense of authentic hospitality thanks to the warm welcome of the Moroccan people,” said
Gebhard Rainer, managing director of Hyatt Europe, Africa and the Middle East. “We are particularly
proud to be associated with Al Maaden in this idyllic setting overlooking the Atlas Mountains.”
With a commitment to supporting the community, Al Madden has reached an agreement with charity
organization Orient-Occident Foundation (www.fondation-orient-occident.org.ma) to construct a
training center for individuals who live in underserved areas, ensuring they will receive the education,
resources and skills necessary for future job opportunities at the new development.
“The opening of the center and the collaboration with Orient-Occident Foundation is essential to us.
Hyatt is committed to the development of the local community, and we will recruit more than 200
people for the opening of Park Hyatt Marrakech,” said Rainer.
“With Park Hyatt’s dedication to modern luxury and premium service, we feel confident that the global
traveler coming to Marrakech will enjoy the intimate, sophisticated and refined atmosphere at Park
Hyatt Marrakech. Distinguished among the finest hotels in the world, the Park Hyatt brand promises
a superior experience for guests, and this is exactly what we are aiming to offer as part of the Al
Maaden development,” said Mr. Alami Lazraq, Chairman of the Board of Al Maaden Golf Resort &
President of Alliances Group.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:36 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Hope I can visit when it opens.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:54 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone know how this location will suit for sightseeing? When I run a search, articles focus on the golf course. Yes, they say "near" the historic center of the city, but near can have a vast range of interpretation.

I found an artist's sketch of the complex.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:35 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
This site says it's 15km southeast of the city centre:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...hotels-roundup

Also googled "Al Maaden golf resort" and found that it's on the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...ed=0CBUQnwIwAA
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:02 pm

Thanks, thc. I confess I prefer my hotels city center with quick access to restaurants and sights. I love Park Hyatts and was actually thinking about organizing a trip to Marrakech when this opens, but the location is less than enticing to me.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I emailed Hyatt enquiring about this hotel a couple of months ago but they replied back saying they're no longer opening it?

I do not see that we are opening a Park Hyatt in Marrakech at this time. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me at 1-800-323-7249.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm...it's not on the website either. You'd think in two years it would have made the list if it was still going forward.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:24 pm

We are really getting mixed signals. Stewie Mac found some references that he posted today indicating the hotel would open this year. The job listing is very current.

Online since 2011/02/07
Job still available on 2011/02/28
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
I wouldn't hold my breath. I saw this 'upcoming property since mid last year'. No news since. Would also like to point to Abu Dhabi properties which have been pushed from end of 2010, to early 2011, now to mid-2011, and probably even later!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Don't believe that it will be 2011

SanDiego1K credits me with finding that Telegraph article, but I've done some digging on the hotels that they mention as opening 'this year':

Mandarin Oriental: showing on their site but not bookable / no opening date.
Jumeirah: on their site as a future opening but not in the 2011 section.
Baglioni: on the website but with an 'end 2012' opening date.

Given that, I have low expectations on the PH... sadly
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sex and city 2 filmed at mandarin. not sure why its been delayed.

four seasons recently started taking reservations from july 1.

post crisis, not sure what else is under construction.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
sex and city 2 filmed at mandarin. not sure why its been delayed.

four seasons recently started taking reservations from july 1.

post crisis, not sure what else is under construction.
I'm at Amanjena now. It's unbelievable how MUCH construction is going on around here. Currently the PH Marrakech sign says 2012, I can't be more specific as it wasn't in English, but presumably indicated the month or quarter.

I guess the MO is completely off the table now, it's going to be a Taj.

There appears to be a significant number of additional properties starting up. Unclear on ownership.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:51 am

MO is out... New Taj hotel was supposed to open end of 2011

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...akech-property

Something new appeared on FB in October:
http://fr-fr.facebook.com/Hotel.Marr..._edit_sections

Located in the Palmeraie outside of Marrakech.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Leaving CMN saw the billboard for the PH Marrakech. According to the locals a serious over build is going on the Marrakech now. So is this place anywhere near being opened?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
just got an email from GP regarding the PH Marrakech.

It is a residence (villas for sale) and a hotel. It includes 44 villas ranging from 290 sqm to 720 sqm for sales. From my understanding only the display villa is ready at the moment.

From the plan and mockup pictures it looks like quite a dashing property and the houses are spectacular with breathtaking views.!

One interesting thing regarding this PH property it will include a "Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond Level Club House".

if anyone want access to the website, send me a pm, I'll only give out the url, login and password to long standing fters members. I'll try to reply within 24 hours...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.