Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I thought I'd give an update from my first stay a few weeks ago.

The good: The staff was universally great. Possibly the nicest all-around HP staff I've experienced. Everyone says hi and while I was waiting in the lobby for my Uber one morning the manager went out of his way to ask me if there was anything he could help with. The hotel also has fantastic water pressure in the shower, which is definitely hard to find nowadays!

The bad: As many previous posters have mentioned, this hotel is directly in front of active runways, so there is noise...often at all hours. The good news (somewhat) is that this hotel has central ac/heat instead of the window units, so there's less noise from outside. I left the fan running each evening and that drowned out most of the airplane noise. If you're a really light sleeper though, this hotel won't be for you.

The ugly: The wifi is awful. Admittedly, the hotel was sold-out at least one night of my stay, but the speeds were almost unusable (between 0.5meg/sec to 2meg/sec), occasionally dropping entirely for 10-20 seconds at a time. Obviously, a serious upgrade/overhaul of their wifi network is needed. The picture on my tv was pretty bad, so I spun it around to look at the model. It had a manufacturing date in 2007 and is only 720p (so not even full HD). Decent replacement tvs would literally cost $350 nowadays.

I'm torn because this is the only 'true' Hyatt in Vegas (until another HP south of the airport opens later this year) and I need my Hyatt nights to re-qualify. Having said that, I can't afford another multi-night stay with terrible wifi and bad tv. I really hope they read these posts because upgrading wifi & replacing tvs are extremely cheap nowadays. There's nothing I'd like more than to frequent this hotel and support their great staff...they just need to fix some basics.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:21 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Between the noise and the poor wifi I would want a refund
For that reason the hotel is a serious no go for me under any circumstance
My night there was one I will never forget as long as I live.Frightening
Only the Residence Inn in San Diego with the train running behind the headboard could equal that horrible night
When I go deaf I am in! And by that time the wifi should be working
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by moulder3

I'm torn because this is the only 'true' Hyatt in Vegas (until another HP south of the airport opens later this year) and I need my Hyatt nights to re-qualify..
Nights at mlife count just the same for status as nights at a HP...

Obviously Strip hotels are more expensive at weekends and don't give elite benefits, but if your objective is getting "Hyatt nights" you don't have to stay here if you don't want to...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nights at mlife count just the same for status as nights at a HP...

Obviously Strip hotels are more expensive at weekends and don't give elite benefits, but if your objective is getting "Hyatt nights" you don't have to stay here if you don't want to...
^
HP doesn't really give any more elite benefits than MLife properties except a crappy breakfast.
If one books on the MLife website, the price is usually cheaper (and still counts toward Hyatt status even booking on MLife website) on lower end MLife properties (I'd still consider them better than the HP) than the HP during the week including resort fees.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:43 am

Just checked into this hotel... Oh wow. I'm not sure how this place is still a Hyatt.

I don't mind the airplane noise to be honest.

But a six floor hotel that has three times more rooms than a standard HP and only one elevator? I actually found two additional elevators on the other side of the hotel. So they do have a total of 3.

The WiFi is unusable. If my computer can connect, the speeds are snail's pace. Which is great because I am working from the hotel tomorrow and need to do video calling. I'm typing this on my phone.

The bathroom is dark. The only light is the one built into the fan. The time it takes the sink to drain makes the WiFi seem fast. Almost.

Carpet is old and stained. As someone else said, the TV is a plasma screen from 2007. No Chromecast (but with he slow wifi I don't think it would work anyway).

The front desk night staff when I checked in was nice. But I had to wait 5 minutes to be let in the locked front door because he was not at the front desk when I arrived. Not his fault, I think he is the only employee on duty.

I would recommend staying at either the Hyatt Place Silverton in Vegas or one of the mlife properties (though Excalibur is probably worse so don't stay there).
​​​

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Oct 16, 2020 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a quick stay here in May. Overall, pretty standard Hyatt Place, loved getting a free bag of goodies as a Globalist at check in. If you're wondering what the property looks like, I made a short tour:
ORDnHKG likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook
Had a quick stay here in May. Overall, pretty standard Hyatt Place, loved getting a free bag of goodies as a Globalist at check in. If you're wondering what the property looks like, I made a short tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgKQ4h81EQ0
Thanks for the video review. One suggestion is to add the date of the trip/stay to the video since some hotels are quite different post covid in terms of services and maintenance.

David
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Just checked into this hotel... Oh wow. I'm not sure how this place is still a Hyatt.

I don't mind the airplane noise to be honest.

But a six floor hotel that has three times more rooms than a standard HP and only one elevator? I actually found two additional elevators on the other side of the hotel. So they do have a total of 3.

The WiFi is unusable. If my computer can connect, the speeds are snail's pace. Which is great because I am working from the hotel tomorrow and need to do video calling. I'm typing this on my phone.

The bathroom is dark. The only light is the one built into the fan. The time it takes the sink to drain makes the WiFi seem fast. Almost.

Carpet is old and stained. As someone else said, the TV is a plasma screen from 2007. No Chromecast (but with he slow wifi I don't think it would work anyway).

The front desk night staff when I checked in was nice. But I had to wait 5 minutes to be let in the locked front door because he was not at the front desk when I arrived. Not his fault, I think he is the only employee on duty.

I would recommend staying at either the Hyatt Place Silverton in Vegas or one of the mlife properties (though Excalibur is probably worse so don't stay there).
​​​
Lets not forget this was originally a run down smelly stained Amerisuites where lipstick on the pig was applied and turned into a Hyatt Place
With the noise of the runways with planes deafening subjective if you like that sort of thing
I gifted a free night here years ago and the person still holds a grudge against me for booking them there calling it the worst night of their life
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Lets not forget this was originally a run down smelly stained Amerisuites where lipstick on the pig was applied and turned into a Hyatt Place
With the noise of the runways with planes deafening subjective if you like that sort of thing
I gifted a free night here years ago and the person still holds a grudge against me for booking them there calling it the worst night of their life
That bad? I've put up a few folks here on points when I had some spare seats at a nightclub table etc. and wanted to invite people out to Vegas who wouldn't ordinarily do that kind of thing... no one ever seemed to be bothered by the HP. Of course, they only used the room for an hour or two upon arrival to get ready and then from like 4 a.m. until check-out. I sure wouldn't expect anyone to spend time lounging around here.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
That bad? I've put up a few folks here on points when I had some spare seats at a nightclub table etc. and wanted to invite people out to Vegas who wouldn't ordinarily do that kind of thing... no one ever seemed to be bothered by the HP. Of course, they only used the room for an hour or two upon arrival to get ready and then from like 4 a.m. until check-out. I sure wouldn't expect anyone to spend time lounging around here.
I do remember staying there when it first converted and the hotel looked quite well but not knowing I woke up around 2 AM
thinking we were being invaded as the roar of engines made the room shake
In all my thousands of nights I can only think of one thing worse (I'm noise sensitive) a Residence Inn in San Diego where Amtrak
runs trains behind the headboard through the night.Tracks are right behind you
If you are fan of whistles loud trains and choo choo Charlie you will love it lol
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
That bad?
I have stayed there a couple of times in the last five or six years. Most recent stay was about a year ago, to burn a cert. It is a very tired property with dark dingy rooms. Didn’t know people/hotels still used CFL lighting. By comparison, I recently stayed at the HP Silverton and loved it. Feels new, clean, modern… I generally stay in Vegas at non-gaming properties since I am there to visit friends/family and never even visit the strip. The HP Silverton might just be my new go-to property.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
I remember staying here many years ago after Hyatt bought Amerisuites. We booked New Year's weekend a few times for just 3,000 points a night.

I much prefer the new build Hyatt Place Silverton a few miles away. Hardwood floors, shades instead of curtains & mostly quiet considering it's near the freeway. I can't find a review thread for it on Flyertalk but I've had several stays there recently. Helpful staff and one of the better Hyatt Place breakfasts I've had. Only downside is no covered parking or garage.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:21 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Yep, I stayed here about 7 years ago, and would not return. Old Amerisuites building/rooms, and very loud. Today, I actually avoid any Amerisuites HP.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: Chase, Amex, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Delta
On a stay here now for a conference. Bad decision.

On the plus side, there is a roof over my head.

Aside from the fact the place is run down, there is barely any hot water in my room, the carpets are dirty, and there were bugs in the bathroom, I guess the bed looked clean enough?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.