FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   18 New Hyatt Places Announced (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/785128-18-new-hyatt-places-announced.html)

trd Jan 30, 2008 1:03 pm

18 New Hyatt Places Announced

CHICAGO - January 29, 2008 - Further demonstrating its position as the ‘category killer’ upscale select service brand, Hyatt today announced that it approved a total of 86 new Hyatt Place hotels to date. These new projects, which include the first new-build Hyatt Place hotels in New Mexico, Missouri and Ohio, bring the total number of new build Hyatt Place projects open and under development to over 200 hotels.

Hyatt Place Prototype
“Based on the 100+ Hyatt Place hotels currently open and operating, we’re confident the combination of comfortable amenities, Hyatt-quality service and adaptability in multiple markets will continue to stimulate demand in a variety of urban and suburban areas,” said Jim Abrahamson, Hyatt’s head of development for the Americas. “Thanks to the success of our hotels we have a substantial advantage over our competitors because developers have been able to experience the brand firsthand and see the concrete and impressive guest satisfaction scores, occupancy levels and ADR.”
Hyatt Place will add the following locations to its portfolio:

NORTH

Illinois: Hyatt Place Chicago/Buffalo Grove
Michigan: Hyatt Place Grand Rapids/Downtown
Missouri: Hyatt Place St. Louis/Richmond Heights
Ohio: Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Kenwood
Wisconsin: Hyatt Place Madison-West/Middleton
SOUTH
Alabama: Hyatt Place Huntsville
North Carolina: Hyatt Place Raleigh/Downtown, Hyatt Place Wilmington
Tennessee: Hyatt Place Chattanooga
Texas: Hyatt Place Austin Airport, Hyatt Place Austin-North, Hyatt Place Houston/Medical Center, Hyatt Place San Antonio-North
EAST
New Jersey: Hyatt Place Ewing/Scotch Road
New York: Hyatt Place New York/33 Beekman St., Hyatt Place New York/52nd Street
Virginia: Hyatt Place Fairfax Corner, Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
WEST
California: Hyatt Place Vista/Carlsbad
New Mexico: Hyatt Place Santa Fe
Utah: Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Downtown

In addition to the newly approved locations listed above, new build Hyatt Place hotels are being developed in the following cities:

Alaska
Anchorage

Alabama
Birmingham/Downtown
Mobile

Arizona
Glendale
Phoenix/Avondale
Phoenix/Gilbert
Phoenix/Mesa

California
Fresno
Riverside/Downtown
San Francisco/Airport
Sacramento/Davis
Sacramento/Roseville

Colorado
Denver/Westminster

Connecticut
Uncasville

Florida
Boca Raton
Bonita Springs
Dania Beach
Jacksonville/Airport
Orlando/Lake Mary
Sarasota/Airport
Tampa/Brandon
West Palm Beach

Illinois
Chicago/Downtown
Chicago/Northbrook
Chicago/Warrenville
Rockford

Indiana
South Bend/Mishawaka
Kentucky
Covington/Downtown
Lexington

Louisiana
Covington
Lafayette

Maryland
Arundel Preserve
Baltimore/Downtown
Baltimore/White Marsh

Michigan
Detroit/Novi
Grand Rapids/Wyoming

Mississippi
Jackson/Madison
Tupelo

New York
Long Island/Garden City
New York City
Saratoga Springs/Malta

Nevada
Las Vegas/Green Valley
Las Vegas/Henderson
Reno/Airport

North Carolina
Concord
Raleigh/West

Ontario, Canada
Barrie
Niagara Falls
Toronto/Airport
Oregon
Portland/Airport

Pennsylvania
Bethlehem
Pittsburgh

South Carolina
North Charleston (2)

Tennessee
Memphis/Germantown

Texas
Dallas/Garland
Houston/Energy Corridor

Utah
Salt Lake City/Airport

Virginia
Chesapeake
Fredericksburg
Herndon
Landsdowne
Williamsburg

Washington
Seattle-South

Wisconsin
Madison
Milwaukee

todorovic Jan 30, 2008 1:59 pm

I have to admit that I did not expect this level of commitment to the HP concept this early. This is a welcomed development that will strenghten the Hyatt's position on the market and will introduce the brand to some places/states that where they were lacking presence (upstate NY comes to mind). Although still a far cry from the presence Hilton and Marriott have accross the country Hyatt is positioning itself to take a bigger share of the market in the near future. Hopefully, the newly built hotels will avoid the problems converted HPs have.

MrAOK Jan 30, 2008 4:19 pm

wait a minute.

do I read this right?

Two Hyatt Places in New York City!!!

Two more Hyatts in New York!!!

and one on 52nd street. Wonder if the Omni Berkshire or the Novotel are changing flags

hmmm, here is earlier NYT story on development at the beekman when hotel wasn't named

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/15/re...gewanted=print

bigguyinpasadena Jan 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks so much for posting this trd.
I really hope they do the "new builds"well-better than the amerisuites reflags.
I would love to see some of these properties,and if they are acceptable Marriott should be very worried(goodie!)

jayer Nov 20, 2008 8:50 pm

NYC locations no longer on the Hyatt Place "Coming Soon" list. I was looking forward to the prospect of another NYC Hyatt alternative. Another Hyatt flag or just not happening?

Trustguy Nov 20, 2008 9:26 pm

Californnia dreaming!

SFO is an interesting location, since FS Hyatt can be fairly inexpensive at times... More locations in Southern California for FFN runs in the future too -- I can see a run -- Ontario Mills, Riverside, Palm Springs, Grand Champions! Early fall & good rates! :D

Sweet Willie Nov 21, 2008 7:01 am

Originally Posted by jayer (Post 10787812)
NYC locations no longer on the Hyatt Place "Coming Soon" list.

whoa, thread is dated from Jan of 2008, What is the link to the "coming soon" list ?

jayer Nov 21, 2008 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 10789452)
whoa, thread is dated from Jan of 2008, What is the link to the "coming soon" list ?

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/place/abo...omingSoon_BF_C

peteropny Nov 21, 2008 10:09 am

NYC locations no longer on the Hyatt Place "Coming Soon" list. I was looking forward to the prospect of another NYC Hyatt alternative. Another Hyatt flag or just not happening?

There are 2 Andaz under construction - one on Fifth Ave across from the Library and one "downtown".

best Nov 23, 2008 10:53 am

So far only US and Canada?

jayer Dec 19, 2008 12:30 pm

I just had to know. GP Concierge says there is a HP property expected on 36th Street late next year. The 52nd Street property is pushed back so far as to be irrelevant.

peezers Dec 23, 2008 10:36 am

Still nothing in Wisconsin - the Hyatt Places near MKE are delayed. I've seen one so it is definitely underway but at least 1 month late.

RS250Racer Dec 25, 2008 1:53 pm

I seriously doubt any of the new HP's in Arizona will be coming, or any for that matter considering what is happening with the economy and what *will happen* in 09.

Also, what is up with HP Vegas...they want over a $100 for this weekend...you can get a room at Mandalay Bay for $36...someone better clue them in.

Football Fan Dec 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Would be nice if they had like 10 Hyatt place in Germany and 30 all over Europe, that would make requalifying a lot easier...

BKKROP Dec 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by attorney28 (Post 10963643)
Would be nice if they had like 10 Hyatt place in Germany and 30 all over Europe, that would make requalifying a lot easier...

You must have the same problems we have in Australia/Asia/Japan where there are only Grand Hyatts. The average cost per night is $600++ and there are only a couple in each country. Not complaining, it is by far the best brand available that is available in all countries in our sector. I often read about $75per night, and think I could throw my staff into rooms and be Diamond within a week, and still be ahead. I can only dream about diamond, but as a plat, I get as much as I can cope with, it's all good fun, regards bkkrop