Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bad experience at HP Memphis - Walked from Primacy Place to Wolfchase (Construction)

Bad experience at HP Memphis - Walked from Primacy Place to Wolfchase (Construction)

Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I had a really bad experience at the HPs in Memphis. Original reservation was at the HP Primacy Place, however on arrival was "walked" to HP Wolfchase Galleria, about 20 minutes away. I was told Primacy Place was overbooked and 2 other guests were walked at the same time.
The HP Wolfchase is currently under construction; only floors 4-6 were open, workmen there day and night, no internet whatsoever, breakfast in small room with frozen milk that server tried to thaw in mini microwave, evelators were out, etc. Apparently the overbooking was substantial and the HP
Wolfchase was pressed into service before its time. Just a warning to anyone staying in Memphis in the near future.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Just for clarification purposes - I believe you are a Hyatt Diamond? - If so it's really bad that they're walking Diamonds.

PS - I've edited the title to clarify the situation.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I am a Diamond. When I told the desk clerk I am Diamond and showed her my card, she said she know nothing about it except that "you can get free nights sometimes".
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by tinnub
Yes, I am a Diamond. When I told the desk clerk I am Diamond and showed her my card, she said she know nothing about it except that "you can get free nights sometimes".
Now that most of the construction work is finished at HP/HSS properties, they REALLY need to put some energy into educating staff members about the Hyatt Gold Passport program more than just trying to get people to sign up for it.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Now that most of the construction work is finished at HP/HSS properties,.
Not quite, the construction they have going on in Fremont is considerable...why would Hyatt open these places up and charge good money when they are not ready? Very disappointing!
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Not quite, the construction they have going on in Fremont is considerable...why would Hyatt open these places up and charge good money when they are not ready? Very disappointing!
Greed?
I encountered that last spring in Fort Wayne, IN. Very dismal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.