Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Park Hyatt Koh Samui (old rumor)

New Park Hyatt Koh Samui (old rumor)

Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Did this PH die?
Yes, there are no longer any plans for a PH Koh Samui. There is a new Hyatt in Phuket however.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 7:01 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by thc
Did a search here on FT and didn't see anyone post about it before. I just read that a Park Hyatt will be opening at Koh Samui. It sounds really nice:

http://www.hotelexecutive.com/newswire/pub/_26268.asp

However, this doesn't seem to be on Hyatt's list of future hotels, so maybe it won't materialize, like past plans for a Park Hyatt in Dublin and Macau.

Hyatt seems to be doing a big push in Thailand with other upcoming hotels in Chiang Mai, Phuket and the recently opened Hua Hin.
Originally Posted by TerryK
Did this PH die?
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Yes, there are no longer any plans for a PH Koh Samui. There is a new Hyatt in Phuket however.

Bumping an old thread... just came across the Hyatt Regency Koh Samui, which should be opening mid 2021...

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/th...oh-samui/usmrk
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Bumping an old thread... just came across the Hyatt Regency Koh Samui, which should be opening mid 2021...

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/th...oh-samui/usmrk
That actually showed up on a search recently and I was surprised about that. However this being Thailand I believe it when I see it.

Wouldn't be the first hotel project where suddenly the funds stop flowing, resulting in several years delay.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
A recent discussion with a fellow FTer prompted coming across this article which is the announcement of the new GM of Hyatt Place Bangkok and the destination of the GM who opened HP BKK to KS GH.

https://www.traveldailynews.asia/hya...%201%2C%202019

Both of those GMs came out of GH Erawan.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The article is from fall 2019 and obviously pre-pandemic. Not sure if Saraid is still taking over the Samui property if it ever opens. Many GM's are reassigned if a property experiences significant delays.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The article is from fall 2019 and obviously pre-pandemic. Not sure if Saraid is still taking over the Samui property if it ever opens. Many GM's are reassigned if a property experiences significant delays.
I hadn't noticed the date on the publication, thank you for pointing that out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.