Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com prepaid stay - "Your balance is US$0.01, how would you like to settle it?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt.com prepaid stay - "Your balance is US$0.01, how would you like to settle it?"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond

Booked prepaid Hyatt.com rate at Bellevue Washington earlier this month. I called front desk to do an express check out since my room is prepaid and I didn't incur any additional charges. This was the reply from the front desk and he further suggest that I can bring a penny down on my way out or charge to my credit card. At first I thought he was joking, but I quickly realized he needs that penny to close my Diamond profilio. With no coin in my pocket and didn't want to break a Jackson for a penny, I told him to charge to my credit card. Same thing happened the following week and my credit card statment now shows 2 $0.01 charges!

If Hyatt can get additional $0.01 for each of our prepaid rate, this could yield additional income to them..........now if they are paying $0.25 to Mastercard to process this $0.01 income, I hope they will stay around when I am ready to cash in my GP points.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:24 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
This actually happened to me at this same property about three years ago. I forgot about it until now. However, when I checked out, the front desk agent just waived it and sent me on my way.

Can't believe they would actually ask you for a penny, and I still never understood how there is any balance if the entire rate is prepaid. But since, my front desk agent just told me to forget about it, I had kind of assumed it was some sort of accounting glitch, and didn't give much further thought to it.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by 168
now if they are paying $0.25 to Mastercard to process this $0.01 income, I hope they will stay around when I am ready to cash in my GP points.
Well, at least you paid with a M/C so you can rest easy knowing that $0.25 went to M/C and might help put on the next FFN promo...............
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Sounds like hyatt.com is rounding the sales tax down instead of up. In some States, it's to the nearest cent; in others, to the next higher cent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.