Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 16, 2019, 8:11 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by beachfan
Hi

i love the Churchill, have gotten excellent treatment there and the location is great.

Im going to London for the Xmas-NYE week. The Andaz has great rate, and available standard suites for TSU. Is the area likely to be totally dead during that time? The Churchill’s area is quite lively then. The Andaz over a 130 pounds/night cheaper.
I was at the Andaz over NYE 2 1/2 years ago. Camden Town, Picadilly and Oxford are extremely crowded, so I presume the Churchill as well.
We decided about 11:30 pm to go back to the hotel and celebrate there. it was very quite around the station. We went to the hotel bar and there were about 10 people there, so yes, I'd call it "dead". We didn't like the crowds at all, the bar was a bit too dead...

but won't return to London or any other major city for that fact in Europe (for NYE), simply too many people.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I was at the Andaz over NYE 2 1/2 years ago. Camden Town, Picadilly and Oxford are extremely crowded, so I presume the Churchill as well.
We decided about 11:30 pm to go back to the hotel and celebrate there. it was very quite around the station. We went to the hotel bar and there were about 10 people there, so yes, I'd call it "dead". We didn't like the crowds at all, the bar was a bit too dead...

but won't return to London or any other major city for that fact in Europe (for NYE), simply too many people.
Too many people, except when there aren't.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Wasn’t so much concerned about NYE,I’m in the room by 10. More concerned about holiday lights, fun on the street during the day

Last edited by beachfan; May 16, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

i love the Churchill, have gotten excellent treatment there and the location is great.

Im going to London for the Xmas-NYE week. The Andaz has great rate, and available standard suites for TSU. Is the area likely to be totally dead during that time? The Churchill’s area is quite lively then. The Andaz over a 130 pounds/night cheaper.
Yes, the area is pretty dead on weekends and holidays. On Xmas day, the entire UK shuts down. Restaurants that stay open literally triple their prices. There is no public transit.. However, if you rent a car, Xmas day is the only day of the year where there is no parking enforcement of any kind.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I land at LHR on Xmas. I take it Hex isn’t running?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:37 pm

I'm drawing a blank. I'd like to book this hotel for points and cash. Nothing on the website makes it clear whether you pay the cash portion in advance. I should know this as I've done it before, but I can't remember. Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I'm drawing a blank. I'd like to book this hotel for points and cash. Nothing on the website makes it clear whether you pay the cash portion in advance. I should know this as I've done it before, but I can't remember. Thanks.
The cash portion of all Hyatt P&C reservations are payable at the hotel.

I think IHG is the only one where you are buying the points at the time of booking in order to make up the difference.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I land at LHR on Xmas. I take it Hex isn’t running?
Responding to an old post, but there is never HEX service on Christmas for as long as I can remember. Paddington is usually completely closed for a few days over Christmas, and typically runs limited service (if at all) on Christmas Eve and the rest of the week until New Years.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by stargold
The cash portion of all Hyatt P&C reservations are payable at the hotel.

I think IHG is the only one where you are buying the points at the time of booking in order to make up the difference.
Thank you.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:08 am

Need expert on Andaz Liverpool Street

Can someone please tell me the normal practice with the keycards - 1 or 2 is standard? And do they write your name on the outside (the keycard holder) or theirs? Sounds weird but I need to know, thank you.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lazygal
Can someone please tell me the normal practice with the keycards - 1 or 2 is standard?
And do they write your name on the outside (the keycard holder) or theirs?
Sounds weird but I need to know, thank you.
Yep. An unusual question
Your name in the reservation?
Master thread ----> Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
But, isn't it Diet Coke in the UK?
It is, but British people don't work in London hotels, and they won't come across many British guests either London to many tourists has a lot more in common with both Warsaw and Dallas than it does the rest of the UK. The things some people tell me they like about London when they've spent 4-5 days there just blow my mind.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The things some people tell me they like about London when they've spent 4-5 days there just blow my mind.
Do steak & ale pies and a pint of bitter count?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
London to many tourists has a lot more in common with both Warsaw and Dallas than it does the rest of the UK.
I don't know what kind of tourists you're meeting, but I think they're not alright in the head.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Do steak & ale pies and a pint of bitter count?
That's what I go to Yorkshire for

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.