Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by price123
Just use a taxi - with 4 people price is not that different. You can pre-book one for £10.96 through Ubicabs - probably cheaper available if you search. Even a hailed cab will probably only be around £15.
Thanks this is helpful. I have memories of paying more for a black cab once than I did my Eurostar ticket while getting to the station so I've been hesitant ever since.

I just called and switched our Andaz rooms to the Churchill.

Last edited by lilpooh108; Dec 21, 2012 at 8:46 am
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by lilpooh108
Thanks this is helpful. I have memories of paying more for a black cab once than I did my Eurostar ticket while getting to the station so I've been hesitant ever since.

I just called and switched our Andaz rooms to the Churchill.
From airports this may be true, but within central London you should be ok. Depending on luggage and weather would also be a nice walk through Mayfair and St James - it's not that far.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:30 am

How easy/difficult is to to book here using points? is availability usually pretty good?

Can someone check points availability for me for the following dates? I don't have enough points to book so it won't tell me availability on web (have chase sapphire points to xfer if there is availability).

March 16-20 and April 6-10. Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:48 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaybert
How easy/difficult is to to book here using points? is availability usually pretty good?

Can someone check points availability for me for the following dates? I don't have enough points to book so it won't tell me availability on web (have chase sapphire points to xfer if there is availability).

March 16-20 and April 6-10. Thanks!
Just a brief reminder that if there is availability at the lowest priced room level, there is also reward availability. So you can check even if you don't have enough points. You can also call.

Just tried the first option and it looks like both date ranges are currently available.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just a brief reminder that if there is availability at the lowest priced room level, there is also reward availability. So you can check even if you don't have enough points. You can also call.

Just tried the first option and it looks like both date ranges are currently available.
That's good to know, thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
This is a decent hotel and I know that personally since I stayed there last about 6 weeks ago. However, it's not a luxury hotel, so I am going to move it to the Hyatt forum where I am sure the mods will add it to the extensive thread on this hotel already there.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
I was actually rather impressed by our stay last week... From check-in to check-out service was superb, including their response to an issue when an improperly trained staff member turned us away for a drink at 1901. Wish I could say the same about the W Leicester Square, which we likely won't consider again.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:17 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sensei
I was actually rather impressed by our stay last week... From check-in to check-out service was superb, including their response to an issue when an improperly trained staff member turned us away for a drink at 1901. Wish I could say the same about the W Leicester Square, which we likely won't consider again.
My last stay convinced me that they've come a long way since opening. Service is now generally quite good, but the hard product is definitely not that of a luxury hotel, which is why I moved the thread.

I would definitely stay here again should I need to be in that area.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I had a great stay at the hotel, despite the loud pipes.

Review: Hyatt Andaz Liverpool London

Plenty of pictures.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Plenty of pictures.
Nice pictures. The wine bar is great, but beware, it seems to get a huge after work crowd. Excellent appetizers. We ordered a couple of things and there was so much food we didn't need to bother with dinner.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Plenty of pictures.
Awesome review and photos. ^
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Nice pictures. The wine bar is great, but beware, it seems to get a huge after work crowd. Excellent appetizers. We ordered a couple of things and there was so much food we didn't need to bother with dinner.
Wish I would have done that one night. Next time!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
A quick question for you all - As a Hyatt Platinum, what is the likelihood of me being upgraded (to a normal size bed) if I booked an Andaz Single?

Many thanks!

Chris
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:03 am
Suspended

Had a very nice stay here a week ago and would definitely stay here again. I really enjoy the HR London/Churchill, but for future trips, I think I'll definitely split my time between the two since each have their own advantages. Had afternoon tea in 1901 restaurant which was very nice -- I thought it was just as good quality as the Churchill, but much quieter setting (and 1901 was a spectacular room -- could have been a museum). Next morning had the choice between the buffet in 1901 (which we choose and was wonderful) or off the menu.

Used points to upgrade to an Andaz Suite and while the room would have been a fantastic standard room, it was a bit of a strech to call it a suite. You walk into the bedroom (which is never a good setup for a suite), and the bedroom has a king bed and a sofa, plus a tv that is almost impossible to see from either the bed or the sofa. Then you continue into a very, very small second room with a desk and arm chair, and then continue to the bathroom. Finishings in the bathroom were nice but not luxurious. I would have been thrilled with this room as a standard room, but it was one of the smallest (and worst laid out) suites I've stayed in.
Old May 18, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
I have a one night stay due to overnight connection planned in July with a 9:30 AM flight out of LHR...so won't have enough time to take advantage of their breakfast at 1901 ....Do they allow breakfast through room service instead like Andaz 5th Ave?
Old May 18, 2013, 1:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
I have a one night stay due to overnight connection planned in July with a 9:30 AM flight out of LHR...so won't have enough time to take advantage of their breakfast at 1901 ....Do they allow breakfast through room service instead like Andaz 5th Ave?
Shouldn't be a problem - they treat Diamonds very well. We have had room service breakfast before when we have been upgraded to a suite.

If you are having breakfast there then I would suggest you have breakfast in Eastway not 1901. The service in 1901 is variable at best.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.