Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
1) I'm contemplating a 3 or 4 night award stay at 18,000 points in the next week or so. Does someone want to chime in and tell me if that is "worth it"? Room rates are 300pounds.

2) Do Diamonds get any special treatment on award stays? I assume we get free breakfast still, right?

3) I'm going to being doing some serious foodie dinners and wondering if I'm in the right area -- also want to be seeing a lot of plays -- so not sure this is the place for me.

All thoughts are appreciated...
It's not in the theatre district, but is literally steps from the Liverpool St. station, five stops from the Tottenham Court Rd. Tube stop on the Central line, so don't let that stop you. I don't have Hyatt status, so I can't speak to your other questions, but we stayed on my partner's points and he was thrilled with the hotel.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
1) I'm contemplating a 3 or 4 night award stay at 18,000 points in the next week or so. Does someone want to chime in and tell me if that is "worth it"? Room rates are 300pounds.

2) Do Diamonds get any special treatment on award stays? I assume we get free breakfast still, right?

3) I'm going to being doing some serious foodie dinners and wondering if I'm in the right area -- also want to be seeing a lot of plays -- so not sure this is the place for me.

All thoughts are appreciated...
Even on the award stay, you'll still receive complimentary breakfast in the hotel restaurant. They'll let you order anything off the menu
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Even on the award stay, you'll still receive complimentary breakfast in the hotel restaurant. They'll let you order anything off the menu
This is my experience as well.

I stayed 3 days here my last stay and two at the IC to be near the theaters. If I had it to do over again, I would not have left the Andaz as the transportation options are so handy.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Was there 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Fabulous staff, nice rooms, close to tube, and free munchies throughout the day. Recommended!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I have stayed here over 20 times (before I gave up on it completely) and had noticed the contents of the fridge were being "enhanced". I have never had wine in the room just a small dip or a couple of biscuits.
A second bottle of wine showed up two days after the first one did. So maybe they don't read FT, they just put a bottle of wine in suites every so often. It was drinkable wine, by the way.

Management has clearly set up very rigorous rules for housekeeping to ensure that things get done properly. What this means is that when I moved something to where I wanted it (it was a 5 night stay), twice a day it would get moved back to where it was "supposed" to be.

While I understand the reason for such a procedure, it still was annoying -- but not enough to keep me from staying there again.

Checkout went very smoothly and the bill was absolutely correct the first time.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Management has clearly set up very rigorous rules for housekeeping to ensure that things get done properly. What this means is that when I moved something to where I wanted it (it was a 5 night stay), twice a day it would get moved back to where it was "supposed" to be.

While I understand the reason for such a procedure, it still was annoying -- but not enough to keep me from staying there again.
I am currently staying at the Churchill but my friend is staying at the Andaz so I took a cab over there to check out the hotel (GBP21 - )

When I arrived, I remembered that I stayed there many years ago when it was the Great Eastern. I remember not really being impressed with it and hence that was my only stay.

Checked out my friend's room and thought it was very nice. Spartan. I didn't like the tub/shower combo. (Am at a suite at Churchill and have both.) But overall a very nice room.

The service I encountered when I was there was excellent. Someone always willing to help and offer advice. I like the fact that there are about five restaurants on property from which to choose. True to the Andaz brand, most of the employees were carrying their IPads around.

As to the quoted section - I was leaving the Churchill and needed my room to be serviced. I stopped by the manager's desk and asked him if he could let housekeeping know that I need my room cleaned. And I also told him to tell them not to move my "piles" around as they did yesterday since I put my things where I want them and don't appreciate them being moved. I also told him not to have them move my clothes around too. He wrote that down and told me that it is the hotel's SOP to move "piles" around and to "consolidate" them. I told him that I don't like this SOP as you are moving guest's things around that they put in a particular place for whatever reason. (I mini-panicked as my passport was under a new "pile", not where I had originally placed it.)

He noted that and told me he would inform housekeeping. When I returned tonight, everything was in its original place. ^
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I am currently staying at the Churchill but my friend is staying at the Andaz so I took a cab over there to check out the hotel (GBP21 - )

When I arrived, I remembered that I stayed there many years ago when it was the Great Eastern. I remember not really being impressed with it and hence that was my only stay.

Checked out my friend's room and thought it was very nice. Spartan. I didn't like the tub/shower combo. (Am at a suite at Churchill and have both.) But overall a very nice room.

The service I encountered when I was there was excellent. Someone always willing to help and offer advice. I like the fact that there are about five restaurants on property from which to choose. True to the Andaz brand, most of the employees were carrying their IPads around.

As to the quoted section - I was leaving the Churchill and needed my room to be serviced. I stopped by the manager's desk and asked him if he could let housekeeping know that I need my room cleaned. And I also told him to tell them not to move my "piles" around as they did yesterday since I put my things where I want them and don't appreciate them being moved. I also told him not to have them move my clothes around too. He wrote that down and told me that it is the hotel's SOP to move "piles" around and to "consolidate" them. I told him that I don't like this SOP as you are moving guest's things around that they put in a particular place for whatever reason. (I mini-panicked as my passport was under a new "pile", not where I had originally placed it.)

He noted that and told me he would inform housekeeping. When I returned tonight, everything was in its original place. ^
love it when they follow advice.

2 questions:

1) What to do about currency...I have a friend who is paying me 2000 pounds cash for a writing gig, and I'm not sure what is the best way to deal with it. Traveler's checks? How can I get that back into my account. Should he paypal me and I absorb the fee?

2) Right now I'm staying at the Hotel Indigo Paddington on 25K award ($150) and then a free night at the Radisson Blu Kennelworth and my last night at the Andaz -- but I have a noon flight at Heathrow and thinking maybe to hotwire it at Heathrow instead and save my 18000 points since I have to be up early. If I stay at the Andaz, how long should I plan on getting to LHR? Tube? Heathrow Express?

thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
(I mini-panicked as my passport was under a new "pile", not where I had originally placed it.) ^

It is highly inadvisable to leave your passport out. You should absolutely keep it in the room`s safe!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:32 pm

love it when they follow advice.

2 questions:

1) What to do about currency...I have a friend who is paying me 2000 pounds cash for a writing gig, and I'm not sure what is the best way to deal with it. Traveler's checks? How can I get that back into my account. Should he paypal me and I absorb the fee?

2) Right now I'm staying at the Hotel Indigo Paddington on 25K award ($150) and then a free night at the Radisson Blu Kennelworth and my last night at the Andaz -- but I have a noon flight at Heathrow and thinking maybe to hotwire it at Heathrow instead and save my 18000 points since I have to be up early. If I stay at the Andaz, how long should I plan on getting to LHR? Tube? Heathrow Express?

thanks!
I just took the tube from this hotel to LHR, Terminal 3 ten days ago. It requires a switch at Holborn from the Central to the Picadilly. It took about 1:15 in rush hour. The estimated time according to the London Tube app (which is great and works even offline) is 51 minutes.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
andaz vs churchill or ic park lane

for me the andaz is soulless and the location although good for transport you cant walk anywhere.

I would always go for the hyatt churchill (lovely hotel) or IC park lane as they are both a much better location to walk places- ic is a short walk to buckingham palace!
hyatt is just by selfridges and bond street which is a great shopping area!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
for me the andaz is soulless and the location although good for transport you cant walk anywhere.
Last time I went past the Andaz (Wednesday) the pavements were still there The Andaz is within walking distance of many interesting parts of London - not everyone wants to be in London just for shopping.

The Andaz even has a small guide in the room with suggested walking tours.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:59 pm

Stayed with 6000 points in an andaz suite. Very cool, good diamond breakfast.

Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ol-street.html
Hotel and breakfast:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-street-2.html
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Stayed with 6000 points in an andaz suite. Very cool, good diamond breakfast.

Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ol-street.html
Hotel and breakfast:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-street-2.html
Your second to last photo has some green slimey stuff on the plate - what is that? Also what is that white object on the toast?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by HookEm
Your second to last photo has some green slimey stuff on the plate - what is that? Also what is that white object on the toast?
Spinach? Poached eggs? Not really all that "foreign."

Looks like a deconstructed Eggs Florentine of sorts.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 3:28 pm

Andaz Liverpool Street - Trip report

Stayed in the Andaz Liverpool St on a recent trip to London. Great hotel, staff friendly and helpful. I posted a brief trip report on my site that primarily highlighted our suite. Sorry about the "hijack", just easier for me to have my posts centralized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.