Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place - Detroit/Livonia, MI REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place - Detroit/Livonia, MI REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Question Hyatt Place - Detroit/Livonia, MI REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I am at Hyatt Place Livonia (MI) tonight. Just arrived, and its lobby is packed with construction workers who are remodeling this former AmeriSuites property into a Hyatt Place. The rooms are already remodeled, and look identical to the website photos. Very nice LG 42" HDTV and new Hyatt bedding. Portico White Ginger bath products. The staff were very excited that their hotel is being converted to a Hyatt Place.

The parking lot is shared with an AMC 20 cinema. Down the street (driving about a mile) is a Target, Costco, and Trader Joe's. Further down the road is the city of Novi, MI which has a nice mall called Twelve Oaks. It features a Nordstrom, L'occitane, Aveda, Apple Store, and many others.

Will post tomorrow what the breakfast is like. I love free wifi!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
The complimentary breakfast at the Hyatt Place Livonia featured several name-brand cereals, two types of muffins, bagels, bread, danishes, yogurt, condiments like jam/jelly and peanut butter. It also had refrigerated breakfast sandwiches like bacon/eggs and some others. There was a toaster and a microwave, and most people were microwaving the sandwiches.

On weekdays, you will want to make sure they remove the 75c automatic charge on your folio for the USA Today.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:21 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just across the way is also a J Alexander's restaurant for those that might be interested. http://www.jalexanders.com/index.htm

Property is just west of I-275 on 7 Mile Rd which is about a 20 minute drive from DTW with no traffic.

The pool area backs up to a small pond/lake which would be nice in good weather.

Like most HP's I've been to the bed was very comfortable but the ac/heat units make noise, I like my room cold so simply turned it off.

Something I just noticed about HP's is if there is a room near you with people talking in the "living" room area of their room, the sound carries quite a bit, almost sounded as if they were in the hall outside my room. Thankfully the group across the hall from me made it an early night.

Nice property for the AAA rate, don't know if it is worth high $170's, I'd probably stay at the Sheraton Novi up the way a bit for <$170 if I couldn't get an AAA rate at the HP.

--
Old Oct 8, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I stayed here for a night a couple of weeks ago and I loved this hotel. Great value for this area with a reasonable price. This is the first Hyatt Place I've stayed in as I try to get at least one FFN this year, so maybe I'm just liking Hyatt Place's in general, but it's a nice addition to the Livonia/Novi area.

-cwillyg
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:25 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had another stay recently at this property. Needed a FedEx/Kinko's location, so went south on Haggerty from the property, sure enough there is one there maybe 3 miles away. Also quite a few restaurant choices south on Haggerty as well, including a Flemming's Steakhouse http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/

==
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
Great location in Novi/Livonia - lots of establishments within a couple miles - if you have business w/ GM or DCX, a very good rate too.....
Old Mar 23, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
Relatively convenient to DTW, large AMC next door for movies, usual Hyatt Place layout / amenities. I've used as a FFN stay driver in the past
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:20 am

Generally good experiences at this property... it's your typical cookie cutter Hyatt Place. On my last stay, had a housekeeping issue (always check those sheets!). I wasn't impressed with how the night employees handled the situation, but the General Manager came through with acceptable resolution after I completed a stay survey. I'd stay here again and give them another chance.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Just completed a stay here -- very pleased. Staff was among the best I've seen at a Hyatt Place. Check-in clerk was incredibly effusive and enthusiastic about pointing out features of the hotel, and actually (unprompted) asked me whether I wanted a snack or points -- which she then added to the folio. (Stay hasn't posted yet, but this may be the first one that *ever* posts with Diamond amenity points.)

On checkout, a manager wasn't available to address a billing request I made -- but the clerk gave me a note on my folio, confirmed my email address, and said I would have an emailed folio as soon as a manager was available. Sure enough, it arrived within the hour with a personalized note.

Would definitely stay again when in the area, especially at the price (~$100 AAA rate).

Rooms had newer A/C units -- still below the window but with digital thermostats. Temperature setting seemed to be inaccurate, but I just set it lower to compensate. Units were much quieter than those at older HP properties. I believe these are being rolled out as an upgrade; I saw them in boxes in the ice room at HP ATL South a few weeks back.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
had a pleasant one-night stay here. Much preferred this property to the full-service HR in Dearborn - just seemed brighter and cheerier. Breakfast was a free-for-all by 930 - looked like everyone decided to come down for the breakfast at the same time. Room itself was in fairly decent shape and the AC didnt make as much noise as I feared. All in all, good value for the money paid.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Your standard, older, AmeriSuites refurb. Happy to say that they have refreshed the rooms with the more current gray sectional, new carpet, etc. Better than I remember. Diamonds get 2 free beverages of their choice in addition to the points. If you have to be in Livonia, you could do worse.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
I agree with the favorable reviews here. This is probably the best Hyatt choice in reasonable proximity to downtown, all things considered, and probably will remain that way, barring the unlikely event of a full-service HR opening in Metro Detroit. It's also an great place for point redemption (5K/night) when typical room rate is factored in.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:56 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
One-night stay on business. No Diamond recognition whatsoever. Cookie-cutter room.

Room air conditioner units suck big-time. They're the "energy efficient" A/C's which save money by giving you less cool air than you request. Thermostat is set on 59 (as low as it will go) yet the room is at least 15 degrees hotter than that. A/C occasionally cycles on, runs for a few minutes, then cycles off (believing that the temperature requested by the thermostat has been reached. It hasn't). To add insult to injury, the A/C is incredibly noisy.

You couldn't pay me to stay at this property again.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Jun 3, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.