Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place - Atlanta Buckhead REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 19, 07, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat

I stayed recently at the Hyatt Place Atlanta Buckhead. I really like the concept and think it compares favourably versus Hamption Inn, Embassy Suites, HIX, 4* etc. athough there were some small improvements that can be made in the concept.

1. get rid of the cheap metal luggage stand a la Amerisuite. HP has lots of wood, etc and you can get nice luggage stand with wood and tapestry straps which would add some class.
2. Get curved shower rods.
3. get rid of the plastic cups and get back to mugs and glasses.
4. Microwave would be a nice addition.

A word of caution, I would check to see how long the place has been opened as a HP. When it is converting or just switch over, there are often a lot of teething pains and training issues. Unless you are willing to put up with them, go to ones that has been opened as HP for a while.
Old Aug 29, 09, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm at this property tonight. I checked in around noon and was given a room on the top floor with a view down Peachtree. The check-in agent handed me an envelope with a coupon for a free movie, but I noticed the first name was not mine (not even close--it was Kelly), although the last name was correct. The clerk said they'd send it up to my room later. When I came back tonight nothing here, so guess it fell through (and really not an issue for me as I probably would not have watched the movie anyway).

GPS shows this property is 4/10 of a mile from the Buckhead MARTA station, so an easy 10 minute walk. You actually pass by the Grand Hyatt Buckhead which is one block prior to Hyatt Place. I bought a 3 day train pass for $11.50 (seemed like you could pick from a variety of day passes depending on your length of stay).

There are quite a few amenities out in this area. There's a Trader Joes and a CVS drug store a block up the road, a Gordon Biersch brewery restaurant right across from the hotel's front entrance, and a block behind the hotel there is a strip mall with a Kroger supermarket, and an AMC movie threatre across the street. There are also a number of restaurants and shops along the walk from the MARTA station. I took photos of some of those.

If you walk further out (serious walkers here) there is a Target and a three story Dick's Sporting Goods store (the place is huge), as well as a large mall across from the Lenox MARTA station. Those shops would be closer to that MARTA station than the Buckhead station.

Other hotel photos and city of Atlanta photos linked below.
Old Aug 18, 14, 11:47 pm

Any recent stays here? GH Buckhead nearby is 12-17000 points, I wonder if this Hyatt Place is good enough at 8000

Thanks

Search this Thread