Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Lisle (Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 16, 2007, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier

I must stay at the Hyatt Lisle in November. Anyone stay there recently and would like to share their experience?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:41 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If anyone has stayed there, please do post - this will become the Review Thread - Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:17 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Stayed there last summer, so not real recent, but it's a nice enough property. It's conveniently located right off I-88.

I wasn't even Plat at the time and was upgraded to a nice "junior suite" room. Overall size was small but there was a separate living area away from the bed.

Shuttle will take you to from the Metra train station that goes into downtown Chicago.

It was also among the extremely few places that did not add a mandatory gratuity to room service orders -- quite refreshing.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Basic with all others.
Wink Hyatt Lisle

I stay here whenever I visit Chicago and the Sommerfield Suites is not available.

The hotel looks a little 'dated' in the lobby; but none the less is spacious and has an interesting fountain. There is a bar and restaurant -- which is nice, but nothing really to write home about.

The rooms are sharp and spacious. Each one has a small desk-like table in the middle that divides the sitting area from the bedroom. It has a TV on a swivel in the middle so you can watch it from either area.

The bathrooms are nice -- but have those annoying 'plastic toilet seats' that us girls could do without.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and in case it is needed -- there is a Wal-Mart near by (which happened to be great for me when I lost a phone charger).

If you are traveling with children who need something to do during the day, head out of the hotel parking lot and go away from the freeway on the main road. There is a huge, beautiful nature center that has lots of exotic plants and creatures. I have not personally been -- but have heard great things about the exhibits.

The downside: no free internet....not anywhere in the hotel. You can sign up for one of those BS T-mobile daily accounts and for $10 it's tacked on to your room.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:44 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I stayed there on 5/31 for one night, as the rate at the HR ORD was extremely high. Same G2, but no RC. The rooms are large, actually divided by a dresser with the TV on top. Couch, chair and coffee table in the "living" room. A desk and chair by the door for the work area. Excellent T-Mobile signal. Bathroom was small as was the closet. Talk about being close to I-88 the north side rooms seem to be right on top of it. Breakfast at the lobby restaurant was marginal, but, as DIA, order anything off the menu or do the buffet It has free parking, an indoor pool and was packed (some junior hockey tournament that weekend.) Checkin was a little strange as she wasn't able to deal with a Web Checkin, and Daria came out from the back office to finish my check in. And Morton Arboretum is just on the other side of I-88, though in November, doubt if you would want to do that.

Bottom line, I prefer the HR ORD as it is closer to downtown (and the L stop is walking distance,) has a good (for domestic HR's) RC and better food.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Was at this hotel on 10/9. Got it under the G2 2,000 point promo for $79++. This place really needs the G2 promo to attract people because the hallways are worn out and the rooms are also fairly bad. New carpet in the rooms, but old furniture and a dated bathroom really take away from this hotel. Hallways had dirty old carpet and there was a lot of damage to the walls. Breakfast was tolerable and service was good. Wouldn't stay here in the future besides booking it for a mattress run with the G2 promo. The HR Woodfield is a much nicer hotel. Looks like they are in the process of remodelling this one, but the lobby was the only new looking area, so until the rooms are redone it will be a mattress run only hotel.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bschaff1
Was at this hotel on 10/9. Got it under the G2 2,000 point promo for $79++. This place really needs the G2 promo to attract people because the hallways are worn out and the rooms are also fairly bad. New carpet in the rooms, but old furniture and a dated bathroom really take away from this hotel. Hallways had dirty old carpet and there was a lot of damage to the walls. Breakfast was tolerable and service was good. Wouldn't stay here in the future besides booking it for a mattress run with the G2 promo. The HR Woodfield is a much nicer hotel. Looks like they are in the process of remodelling this one, but the lobby was the only new looking area, so until the rooms are redone it will be a mattress run only hotel.
Agree with bschaff1; stayed here 10/2. Also, the hot tub is out of commission, there's no RC and I had to ask for an upgraded room as they didn't notice I was diamond. Bonuses required a post-stay phonecall despite being discussed at check-in. Had trouble logging into wi-fi. And there IS now a 22% gratuity added to room service checks. Mattress run only.

Last edited by jockdAAddy; Oct 12, 2009 at 11:56 am
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I "stayed" there 10/2 as well - pretty much the same comments. Actually, I drove home and then drove back in the morning and had breakfast (taken off the bill as a Diamond, I left a cash tip) and checked out. JD, I didn't see you there, if I had known you were in the area I would have suggested dinner!

Sadly, the prepaid stay has not posted, I suspect that them fiddling with the G2 bonus made them also mark the stay as ineligble - this tends to be a problem with regular Hyatts I've had elsewhere on prepaid stays. So I've held off doing any more here until I get the first one straightened away - I booked 4 different $55 nights at the HP Lombard instead as it's about six blocks from my parents' house.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The stay finally posted and even had both the G2 and 1W, but it took 12 days.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Had to call them up to get my stay credited, but it all worked out in the end. Doing another stay this weekend. Front desk staff at least got my mileage number entered right and the miles posted.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rbAA
And Morton Arboretum is just on the other side of I-88, though in November, doubt if you would want to do that.
excellent suggestion and I just went on a winter walk at the Morton Arboretum which was beautiful with all the snow, for futher details: http://www.mortonarb.org/

I agree with the other posters about the hotel being a bit worn/shabby. The room is fresh enough so don't be scared about staying here, just lower your expectations a bit for a Hyatt. I seem to always recall the Hyatt Lisle being just a tad under typical Hyatt standards.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Stayed here a few times in Q4 09 for mattress runs and G2 bonus. Agree with all posters above, room was a tad low end for a Hyatt. CRT tvs?? Got a panaromic room once as a Plat when I checked in at midnight, after dinner and a lot of drinks with friends
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
It is a good alternative, if you do not expect too much. Those Hyatt branded hotels were supposed to be a notch below the Hyatt Regency's; no lounge, smaller public spaces, less amenities, but still the Hyatt name and an all mini suite set-up, which the living area divided by a TV.

The Panorama Suites, also available at the Hyatt Fair Lakes, a couple of stone throws away from Dulles are actually really nice with floor to ceiling windows and great views.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:12 am

Just FYI. Just booked a room for $67.15 on a weekend rate for January.

With G2 bonus and 1W bonus, free breakfast, this is not a bad deal
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:28 pm

Are diamond members supposed to get the panoramic rooms? Or are they considered a suite instead?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.