Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Lisle (Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Lisle (Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Was that rate from one of their monthly 48 hour sales?
Nope, still available on hyatt.com. 2 night stay, 50% off rack rate, thru mid Feb or so.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Have stayed at this property a few times over the last few months. Unfortunately have had a number of issues. Firstly, housekeeping leaves something to be desired. I've found black hair in both the sink area and in the bed as well as a dirty sock from a previous guest.

Noise has been another major problem. The walls are paper thin so have been kept awake by people's loud TVs and by people talking loudly in the adjoining room.
This past weekend we were woken up by thumping music after midnight from a party taking place in the hotel pavilion. Front desk wouldn't answer so had to get dressed and go downstairs to see what was going on and it took nearly an hour for the music to stop.

On the weekends breakfast does not start until 7am which is difficult if you need an early start.

I realize that this is a franchise hotel, but I'm surprised that the quality is of such a poor standard being right in Hyatt's backyard.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:30 pm

I stayed here recently and I would never stay here again for one reason and one reason alone - if the adjoining rooms are occupied, you will hear every. single. word. of the occupant's conversation. When I first entered the room, I thought the radio was on. I looked around and saw that it was off. It was only then that I realized it was the man in the room next door. I heard every word he said during his cell phone conversation. Not only was the noise an annoyance, it was just plain creepy. It felt like I was sharing a room with a stranger. Yuk.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:10 pm

Any recent stays?

Just checking to see if there are any recent stays here? What benefits to diamonds receive? There is no lounge, correct?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dngrmys
Just checking to see if there are any recent stays here? What benefits to diamonds receive? There is no lounge, correct?
No lounge. Have never once gotten an upgrade here in many stays as a diamond. Breakfast is buffet style from the restaurant in the lobby.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
It's a pretty lame HR, but I stay there because we have a low corporate rate
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:12 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
This hotel is now branded "Hyatt Regency Lisle"

Upgraded to "Panorama Suite". While not a bona-fide suite (it's only a single room), the room is large and semi-circular and at the far end of each hallway. Each floor has two such rooms. Nice room, great view, very comfortable. The room features a semi-circular (180 degrees) outer wall with floor (okay, about 18" up from the floor) to ceiling windows.

At checkin, Diamonds receive a small brown paper bag containing two bottles of water.

Internet is painfully slow, about 2 MBPS however the connection keeps resetting so it might as well be .02 MBPS.

The restaurant, lobby and public areas are kept cold, almost painfully so. As a result, breakfast becomes a challengean, as hot items are soon transformed into cold items. No worries: simply choose cold items. Warning: no salmon.

Above comments notwithstanding, it was a good stay. Overall, if I were to return to the area, I'd surely choose this hotel again.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Jun 5, 2016 at 9:12 am
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
This hotel is now branded "Hyatt Regency Lisle"

Upgraded to "Panorama Suite". While not a bona-fide suite (it's only a single room), the room is large and semi-circular and at the far end of each hallway. Each floor has two such rooms. Nice room, great view, very comfortable. The room features a semi-circular (180 degrees) outer wall with floor (okay, about 18" up from the floor) to ceiling windows.

At checkin, Diamonds receive a small brown paper bag containing two bottles of water.

Internet is painfully slow, about 2 MBPS however the connection keeps resetting so it might as well be .02 MBPS.

The restaurant, lobby and public areas are kept cold, almost painfully so. As a result, breakfast becomes a challengean, as hot items are soon transformed into cold items. No worries: simply choose cold items. Warning: no salmon.

Above comments notwithstanding, it was a good stay. Overall, if I were to return to the area, I'd surely choose this hotel again.

Thanks for the update. Checking in here in a few hours and was wondering what to expect. Only there for a night for a meeting tomorrow morning, so the info is solid.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any stays after 2017? I just made a reservation (the location and price were right) for one night as part of a car trip. I'm not expecting a lounge, but the pictures on the website look fine.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Any stays after 2017? I just made a reservation (the location and price were right) for one night as part of a car trip. I'm not expecting a lounge, but the pictures on the website look fine.
Pretty decent hotel for the price. Like previous posters have said, there is no lounge but breakfast in the restaurant for Globalists is very good. For a one night stay, you can’t go wrong.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ceebee100

Pretty decent hotel for the price. Like previous posters have said, there is no lounge but breakfast in the restaurant for Globalists is very good. For a one night stay, you can’t go wrong.
Thanks. That's reassuring.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Classic spot for a Chicago mattress run. Cat 1. Not far from Bavarian Lodge, a decent German restaurant. Close to Morton Arboretum.

In an area with businesses, so tends to be full during week and pretty empty weekends.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Any feedback on your stay? I may mattress run this before the 2x promo.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is this hotel okay? I’m curious why a Hyatt regency would be a category 1. Is it old and dated inside? How is the golf?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.