Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 11:29 am

for the diamonds who have been here, have you been upgraded to a suite as courtesy on arrival or have you used DSU's?

will be here in 2 weeks!
Old May 8, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Have always used DSUs
Old May 16, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Whoa! Haven't been to the area in about 3 years but it was a consistent $10 (200K Dong) from Danang Airport to Hoi An and v.v. for a few years prior.

Either the rates have skyrocketed, they knew you were in a pinch to get back to the hotel or you didn't negotiate very hard. Perhaps more than one factor at work here but $15 for that ride sounds awfully pricey.
The Taxi was a normal metered Taxi at night after 10pm.
Old May 17, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Has anyone stayed in one of the pool villas? Considering having a Do here and thought a couple of 3 bed villas with private pools would be a sociable get together, but haven't seen them (and it's a long way from Berlin).
Old May 27, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Point and cash for this properties is 6,000+$75usd/nt. is this worth the price?

Also I only see that during booking they only allow up to 3 in a room, but I have a family of 4? Small children age 4 n 6. Do we just book as 3?
Old May 29, 2014, 8:30 pm

just had a 4 day, 3 night stay in a regency suite here last week and i must say this is now one of our favorite hyatts for a number of reasons and we'll be going back.

the property design is awesome. it fits our design aesthetic much more so than say grand hyatt hong kong or park vendome (this is obviously subjective so take it for what it's worth). it's settled on a beautiful beach that's very clean, soft sand, and great water. walking out of our room (F307) we were greeted with a view of marble mountain.

the service is very, very, very good. they went out of their way multiple times to ensure we were enjoying our stay. one example: i had left my phone charger in the room at the hyatt regency TST, our previous stop. called and asked if they had chargers for iphone 5's and was told sorry only had them for 4's but that the lotte market would probably have them. no big so we went to breakfast in the club and when we were leaving, anh, one of the agents in the RC, let us know there was a new iphone 5 charger waiting in the room.

as others have mentioned, the food is really good and very reasonable for hotel pricing. multiple times we ordered pho at 4 or 5am (never bothered to change time zones haha) which was around $8 per bowl. beach house and pool house also have very good food, and beer is cheap ($2.50-$3).

spa services were 50% off a couple days when we were there. not sure if this stacked with the 25% off we were quoted for being diamond but a great value nonetheless for hotel spa pricing.

the shuttle to hoi an is very reliable and came in super handy being free for diamonds.

we liked it so much that we extended our stay, and the team in the club helped us 1) change our flights, 2) arranged for a cab to take me to the airport to make the change (had to be done at the ticket office at the airport since i booked through an OTA), wait while i handled, and then drive back, and 3) proactively extended the checkout time of our suite to 6pm.

so i say def worth 6k+$75.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:48 am

Excellent review.

Our trip is booked for June

How much is shuttle form airport to hotel?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:22 am

believe a hotel car (Benz r300) is $40; cabs are around $10.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Courtesy of the last Hyatt London Do, I enjoyed 3 nights in at the Hyatt Danang recently.
The ocean view club room I had was a good size, and I appreciated the large bathroom and walk-in closet. The terrace was lovely, though the temperatures when I was there were so high that I did not use it much.
The beach was good (I agree with the poster above about the sand). I also appreciated the quiet at the adults-only pool, and the fitness center, when I finally found it (signage there is so discreet as to be almost invisible) was quite spacious and well-equipped.
I thought the staff, and particularly the wait staff in the Club, was generally lovely. I did have some issues with the Club desk staff, however, when I asked about the shuttle to Hoi An. The first person I asked told me it had to be reserved a day in advance, so the next morning I went to reserve it for the following day, but was told by a second staffer that it only had to be booked the same day and to let them know the following morning and they would send someone over to the concierge desk to pick up the ticket for me. Accordingly, the following morning I asked at the Club desk for the ticket and was told (rather abruptly) by a third staffer that I could get it myself from the concierge. Which was not a big problem, and I proceeded to do, but I found the conflicting instructions (and of course the abruptness) rather disconcerting.
I did not use the spa, but did use the laundry, which failed to remove a spot the PH Saigon subsequently removed for me.
On balance, although some staff training seems needed, it's a very good property and I would certainly return if I return to Danang for the room, beach, club and facilities.

Last edited by rfrost; Jun 4, 2014 at 8:11 am
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by tdrag97
Point and cash for this properties is 6,000+$75usd/nt. is this worth the price?

Also I only see that during booking they only allow up to 3 in a room, but I have a family of 4? Small children age 4 n 6. Do we just book as 3?
We are wanting to book a stay at this location, but we also have a family of 4. Wondering what you decided to do...?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by KariAud
We are wanting to book a stay at this location, but we also have a family of 4. Wondering what you decided to do...?
It was a great place. We just email the resort. Told them we had small kids and they were ok with it. We had a great suite near the club on build F. But I forgot to request for a lower floor. Our room was on the 3rd floor so we had to walk up and down all the time. The kids didn't like that but they love the club lounge. They even gave our kids each a sand bucket kit, very nice touch. Each room have an umbrella to help keep you in the shade while you walk around the properties.

Club have hot items menu they bring to you for breakfast and evening service. Great snacks and you can get plenty if fluid here too. If you don't have diamond then I suggest to pay for the club access.

We also took a local vina Sun taxi to the resort for $10usd. Vs the $50 resort Benz. Free shuttle to Ho Ani, great place at night but no late shuttle back to the hotel, last shuttle is 6pm. We decided to go late. To enjoy the light and took a taxi home.

1- get a 2nd floor room. 3rd to high to walk, 1st can't enjoy the distance view
2- get clue access
3- take taxi to resort
4- use shuttle bus to Ho Ani and to downtown free to Diamond
5- enjoy the beach, pool and water slide
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 am

trag97:
Excellent. Thanks for the very helpful feedback and tips. I emailed the property and have already received a nice response from the reservation staff at the Danang Hyatt, and they have shown flexibility in allowing four people in a Suite. (We are Diamond, and will be using a DSU.) Can't wait!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Three paid nights at the HR Da Nang with no Hyatt status (I was Diamond as part of a challenge for a while three years ago, and than Platinum for a year, but no other Hyatt history and currently, no status). The rate was a breakfast + internet included rate. We were upgraded to a "Regency Club Suite", apparently without Regency Club access (is this normal practice at Hyatt?).

This is clearly a resort and not a regular HR. The reception and concierge area is open-air, the rooms and suites are in buildings all accessed from the outside, and as far as I could tell, most of them have ocean view. The buildings have no elevators, so suitcases have to be carried up (but, of course, the staff will do that for you).

Suite. The suite was very nice with a sofa sitting area, a dining table (used it once for in-room dining), bedroom, bathroom, two toilets, and two balconies. Beautiful ocean view. Separate air conditioning in living room and bed room, so that you can switch off the AC in the bed room and still get the cool air from the living room.

Location. If you go south along the coast from Da Nang, there are many resorts and developments that will be resorts soon. Currently, the HR is quite far south, so it's not so easy to get from here anywhere else, unless you order a taxi. Note that I found some information about the shuttle here on FT, but this was not mentioned anywhere in the hotel, neither at check-in nor in the material in the room.

Restaurants. Since the resort is not close to many other things, you have to rely on the restaurants on site: Green House, Pool House, Beach House, and Baguette. We had lunch at Baguette (delicious sandwich) and at the Green House and dinner in the Beach House and via room service. The food was very good. On the last day, there was some very minor confusion during lunch (I had ordered something, they recommended something else, then what they recommended was not available, and then my original order took a bit longer than expected), and they gave me the entire main course for free.

Breakfast. Breakfast in the Green House was included in our rate. Since this is a resort, expect lots of (rather ill behaved) children during breakfast. Other than that, the breakfast is nice in terms of selection and spread.

Gym. The gym is well equipped.

Facilities. Many pools and a spa. Climbing wall and many other recreational facilities. It seems that they also have meeting rooms and other business facilities available, but I cannot really imagine a business meeting in this environment. Next to baguette, there are a few shops inside the resort.

Concierge. We did a tour to Hoi An, organized by concierge, but that was a rip off and in retrospect, we think the concierge should have told us that this trip can be done very easily just by booking a taxi (we even asked about this, but were discouraged from taking this option by the statement "a car is 55$ per hour").

All in all, a very enjoyable three days and a nice resort, but with a matching price tag (especially since you need to use the restaurants at the resort). We paid 26 million dong for three nights with all incidentals, i.e., almost 300 EUR per day.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I appreciate all the comments and replies here. Looks like we'll be heading out there for April 2015.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have four nights coming up next month in a Regency Suite. I see that there are many buildings. I know I want the 3rd floor for the views, are any of the blocks preferred over the others. On tripadvisor, every block has it's proponent.

Also, any reason why I might want a villa? (It's only my wife and me). Or if I get an upgrade over the regular suite, would the Executive Suite be better than a Villa? Priorities are a separate sittiing area (with a door in between the bedroom and the sitting area) and views. I would also add size, but the base suite seemed large enough.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.