Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Recently had a one night stay at this property and have to say it blew me away, this has moved to the top of my favourite Hyatt lists along with the Hyatt Saigon.

We are only lowly platinums and were on a points stay but managed to get upgraded to an ocean front room. The rooms are so spacious. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in at a hotel. Loved that they had comfortable furniture on the balcony to allow real lounging on the balcony taking in the view. Restaurants had a good selection of food and reasonably priced. Beautiful beach, wide and long and very clean. The gym had sufficient equipment for a good workout. Only criticism of the gym was the air conditioning was not sufficient and it would be nice if they had bottles of water rather than paper cups.

Other thing to watch is the command of English is not as good as in Saigon and check out took longer than it should. If you change money check what you are given as the person in front of us was short changed by a significant amount.

I would highly recommend this property.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Which categorie I have to book here to use a suite upgrade? Is the lowest enough because it's not listet as a Resort or can I use my company rate?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Which categorie I have to book here to use a suite upgrade? Is the lowest enough because it's not listet as a Resort or can I use my company rate?
What instrument? With a Diamond Suite Upgrade Cert, a discounted corporate rate is fine. If using points, the lowest Hyatt Daily Rate is probably ok - perhaps there is a requirement for an upgraded room.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
What instrument? With a Diamond Suite Upgrade Cert, a discounted corporate rate is fine. If using points, the lowest Hyatt Daily Rate is probably ok - perhaps there is a requirement for an upgraded room.
With a Diamond Suite Upgrade Cert. That means I can use my corporate rate and call for upgrade avaibility before/after booking?
Sorry for the question because I'm a Hyatt-Rookie...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by denkigroove
With a Diamond Suite Upgrade Cert. That means I can use my corporate rate and call for upgrade avaibility before/after booking?
Sorry for the question because I'm a Hyatt-Rookie...
Yes either way works - call to book and apply the upgrade simultaneously or call to apply after booking.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:52 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
does anyone have any recommendations for spas/massage palors (not seedy) nearby?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:41 am

Now I was there at the beginning of January. Beooked with my company rate and took a diamond suite upgrade cert and recieved an Executive Suite. Stay was fantastic and the staff really friendly. Checkin at the lounge with a warm welcome, Pool at the Regency Club most time empty because there where only a few Club guests in the morning/ happy hour.
All in all I can100% recommend that.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Shops, Bars, Restaurants nearby?

We will be staying at the Hyatt Danang in 2 weeks for 6 nights.
Are there any other dining options, beach restaurants, bars, supermarket within walking distance?
Are there any scooter rentals? Is it useful to rent a scooter(yes I know foreigners are not allowed to drive officially, but had no problems with it eslsewhere)?
Or are the shuttle busses to Hoi An and City of Danang sufficient?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
We will be staying at the Hyatt Danang in 2 weeks for 6 nights.
Are there any other dining options, beach restaurants, bars, supermarket within walking distance?
Are there any scooter rentals? Is it useful to rent a scooter(yes I know foreigners are not allowed to drive officially, but had no problems with it eslsewhere)?
Or are the shuttle busses to Hoi An and City of Danang sufficient?
I have the same Qs, so please post if you find out the answers!
I've read Lonely Planet and it sounds like there are a lot of great restaurants a short taxi ride away, but I don't see anything walking distance except other resorts. We would also like to rent a scooter to drive up to The Marble Mountains -- I didn't realize it was illegal. Good to know.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:03 pm

Unless things have changed, there's nothing near by. I'd recommend getting a taxi to Hoi An for better dinning options. Taxi is cheap in VN.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:21 am

Stayed here for four nights in March 2014. Had an ocean front suite with a connecting room for the kids. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The property has a huge, winding and fun pool area. The workout room is fantastic and they have two tennis courts with racquets and balls for rent for a nominal fee. The water in Vietnam surprised me as it was cooler than many places in Asia. However, you can go out several hundred feet and it is only four feet deep.

As for food, we did the Hyatt Club for breakfast which was fairly standard for Asian hotels. We ate poolside and the food was very appetizing. We had drinks at the Beach Club restaurant which has live music many days of the week and was fun.

For dinner, I would highly recommend going into Hoi An on the Hyatt shuttle. This is a UNESCO World Heritage site and it a really fun place. We did dinner on the river at Brothers Cafe and Green Chiles, a mexican restaurant. Both were very enjoyable evenings out. Also, Hoi An has a great selection of tailors and my daughters and wife all purchased custom fitted traditional Vietnamese dresses made in silk. A really cool experience. On this trip we also stayed at the Hyatt Siem Reap and the Hyatt Saigon which were excellent properties.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:35 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I took some shots of our recent visit there, the images are from an ocean front suite, beautiful hotel, free shuttle to diamond members to Hoi An, cabs are also fairly cheap to get back if shuttle isn't running. Never made it into Da Nang proper, we had wonderful massages in Hoi An, and we mostly ate and drank at the hotel. I'll do a longer trip report later at some point but you can view the images here if you want: https://www.flickr.com/photos/josh_m...7644076844423/
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Right now at the Hyatt Danang:
No shops or restaurants in walking distance, there is only one 4-lane road with Hotels every 500 meter.
Nearest Motorbike rental is opposite the Furama Hotel, we went there by taxi which was approx. 3 US$, distance 2,5 km.
Took the cheapest motorbike for 7,5$ per day, had to leave my passport at the rental office(same as when you rent a motorbike in Thailand).
The Hotel offers a free bus shuttle to Danang and to the Montgomery link Golf Course. Shuttle to Hoi An is 50.000 Dong (2,50$), last shuttle to Hoi An is at 5 pm, returns at 6pm, so if you go there for dinner, you have to take a taxi back to the Hotel, which is about 15$. Lots of dining options on Hoi An, best choice if you don't want to dine only in the Hotel. Driving time about 20-25 minutes.
Food and beverages at the Hotel is reasonable priced, you find all the menues at the website. Beverages are only half the price than at IC Danang, where we stayed before, eg softdrinks 2,50$, beer 3,50$, cocktails 5$ (these are the prices at Hyatt +10+5% tax and service charge)
Daily haply hour from 6-9pm, 2 for 1.
We like the Hyatt Danag better than the Intercontinental Danang, nicer and softer beach, water of the ocean here with a comfortable temperature, at the IC uncomfortably cold, I don't know why, maybe deeper water or cold current.
If you have more questions, please let me know.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:39 am

sounds like a great place. will be here in a little over 3 weeks and looking forward to it!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Shuttle to Hoi An is 50.000 Dong (2,50$), last shuttle to Hoi An is at 5 pm, returns at 6pm, so if you go there for dinner, you have to take a taxi back to the Hotel, which is about 15$..
Whoa! Haven't been to the area in about 3 years but it was a consistent $10 (200K Dong) from Danang Airport to Hoi An and v.v. for a few years prior.

Either the rates have skyrocketed, they knew you were in a pinch to get back to the hotel or you didn't negotiate very hard. Perhaps more than one factor at work here but $15 for that ride sounds awfully pricey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.