Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Summerfield) El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Most improved Hyatt House

Not to sound like too much a cheerleader for this place, I must say I've stayed her many times in the last four years (beginning right after the Hyatt management takeover), and this hotel does get better and better. Since the Hyatt Place, especially. Front desk service and personalities are better than ever; food is better quality than a year ago. Rooms are clean, great location to walk to restaurants...excellent. I didn't see/meet the GM, but his efforts have certainly showed here in getting things on track. I have typically gotten a 2 BR Diamond upgrade as well as my preferred room location (this is a big deal-stay away from the train, and realize anything over floor 1 includes lots of stairs).

Between here and the Hyatt Place, while a little further to LAX, it is closer and easy access to the beach and entertainment there; I prefer the Hyatt House.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Is parking still free? thinking of pricelining a car for the night

Annoying that 3.5 miles from LAX, they don't offer a shuttle, and that a cab will be $20 each way

Need a spot to stay between landing at LAX 9pm on a Weds, and picking up a weekend-rate rental car from LAX at noon Thursday

For some reason the new HP LAX is booked full on a Weds 2 months from now ...

maybe I should priceline a LAX hotel and give up on getting a stay credit and another unique Hyatt on my list to 100
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Gold
We stayed here because there were 5 of us and we wanted to have a single rooms. They have triple suites with two bathrooms, two bedrooms, and a small kitchen/dining/living area. Appointments were nice, in line with those in a Hyatt Place. Breakfast was also similar to HP, with a spacious dining area that wasn't crowded. Internet service didn't work for our last two days there, and all we were told was that they were working on it. Otherwise a great stay.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
So this is going to make me sound like a drunkard, but does this place have a full bar? It's unclear from the website.

I usually stay at the Hyatt Place down the street, but this was $70 a night cheaper this time...
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:57 pm

This property is starting to charge $8 per car per night for parking.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by hanlong
This property is starting to charge $8 per car per night for parking.
Thank you, hanlong, and welcome to FlyerTalk ^! Very kind first post.

Now, to the topic: Ugh. The train becomes more and more appealing as I can't think of any alternative parking location. Actually, it's not a bad m.o. at all - the very civilized station a very short walk. Can anyone suggest a parking alternative - even something like the trick at the OC Hyatt?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:29 pm

Any recent experiences at this property?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Was here recently. Parking now $14 per car. Breakfast has been COVID-cut (powdered eggs, fruit cocktail etc). Homeless being housed in the hotel and hanging out across the street all day.

Smoking ban not being enforced. Floors filthy - socks/feet turned black. Cigarette smoke from other rooms flowed in through the bathroom vents.

Liquor license change of ownership sign posted. Hopefully new owners will clean the place up? Had booked for a 7 night stay. Checked out after one night and went back to the Hyatt Place down the street. Night and day difference.

Recently spent 35 nights at the Residence Inn El Segundo, and while the dinginess of the rooms is similar the Residence Inn is much better staffed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.