Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Summerfield) El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Steph58
As they say, it's a small world! Wish I 'd had my bag with the FT tag. I did feel sorry for the young kids manning the front desk. Hope your room had heat! We went to see the movie "Up in the Air" then ate at a German/Swiss restaurant called Chalet Edelweiss (closer to LAX) which was actually pretty good.

Next time I will take Firewind's suggestion and Priceline an LAX hotel (I have done that in the past with good results--Westin & Embassy Suites).
Everything worked fine in the room. If they had offered a free night anywhere, I'd have been gone in a flash. I doubt I would ever pay more than $80 a night at this location.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Do they still make you sign the NO PARTY thing before they check you in?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by holtju2
Ayup. $500. No warning.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
Interesting, was always offered rates in excess of $ 150 at the Westin Lax, so 4000 points is indeed a steal in my book.
Both of these can be had for $100 taxes included. The Sheraton is lot nicer than the Westin. I have spent in excess of 60+ nights there in the past 24 months.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President

Yes although when we stayed about 3 months ago there were some sports teams staying and they partied by the pool all night
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Both of these can be had for $100 taxes included. The Sheraton is lot nicer than the Westin. I have spent in excess of 60+ nights there in the past 24 months.
I am referring to regular weekday rates, not any weekend or Priceline stays...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Steph58
...Next time I will take Firewind's suggestion and Priceline an LAX hotel (I have done that in the past with good results--Westin & Embassy Suites).
That's right, I've gotten the Embassy Suites, too. But never the Westin. Darn, as that's the best LAX hotel, IMO. And thanks for the suggestion of the Chalet Edelweiss. I confess to grabbing something at the Whole Foods, of late.

And more broadly, in line with FD1971's comment @52, this part of the discussion is a reflection of the dearth of Hyatt airport properties. (No wonder we're running into each other there.) And probably is a component of the SS's price. When I think of former Hyatts I miss, I seldom think of the LAX airport one. But I'll bet it would be filling a big hole for many of us right about now. I know, it was tired etc. But simply for convenient and probably cheap MRs, I do miss it. Make that general convenience. Didn't Hyatt say they were going to do another LAX property when they closed it?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
As part of my attempt to requalify for Diamond I'm considering a stay here in late November. The downside is I have a 7am departure from LAX. Is it a realistic place to stay when grabbing such an early flight? Does anyone have any transportation suggestions?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We have stayed with early flights but we have always had a rental car. There is a free shuttle bus to LAX but not sure if operates that early - worth asking the concierge there. You could take a cab; the property's web site says that would cost about $20.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We have stayed with early flights but we have always had a rental car. There is a free shuttle bus to LAX but not sure if operates that early - worth asking the concierge there. You could take a cab; the property's web site says that would cost about $20.
The shuttle does not operate to LAX. Best option would be to let the front desk know that you'll need a cab at 5 am (or so) and then call down to make sure when you get up (around 430 am - or so) - adjust time to your comfort level.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks for that. I phoned the property very early this morning to enquire about the "complimentary shuttle" that is listed on their website (it doesn't give any details). The gentleman who answered said it did not operate to LAX. I'll call another time to double-check but it seems a cab might be the best option.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
Thanks for that. I phoned the property very early this morning to enquire about the "complimentary shuttle" that is listed on their website (it doesn't give any details). The gentleman who answered said it did not operate to LAX. I'll call another time to double-check but it seems a cab might be the best option.
I was looking into this property for a stay just last week.
I crossed it off the list when I saw on the hotel's website that the shuttle specifically does NOT go to LAX.

I'm new to Hyatt and was totally shocked to learn there is no LAX property
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Steve64, I found out Super Shuttle charge $15 to/from LAX/HSS. Also, $16 to/from LAX/Hyatt Regency Orange County.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danger
Does anyone have any transportation suggestions?
Rental car.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks but unfortunately, coming from Down Under where we drive on the other side of the road, I'm not at all confident about getting in the left hand side of a car to be faced with a steering wheel. Then there's your massive roadways and slightly different road rules . . . If I did take a rental I'd be getting the top insurance cover!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.