PH Tokyo suite upgrade

Old Jul 26, 07, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
PH Tokyo suite upgrade

Has anyone done this before? Are there a lot of suites at this hotel? What sort of room do you think I can expect?

Most importantly, will I have a view of Mt Fuji??
Old Jul 26, 07, 6:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by keiko View Post
Has anyone done this before? Are there a lot of suites at this hotel? What sort of room do you think I can expect?

Most importantly, will I have a view of Mt Fuji??
1st why donīt you do some search.
2nd yes they have view with 60 rooms. see here:
http://tokyo.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...escription.jsp
3rd Yes using points no Problem (Club rooms have NO view)
The rooms with the wording view have it! Of course the waether has to be accordingly!

Hope I was of help.
Old Jul 26, 07, 11:49 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ahhh....all rooms have a view at the Park Hyatt, but only on one side of the hotel will you potentially see Mt. Fuji. Most of the suites you will get upgraded too are NOT on that side of the hotel, however. Even if your room isn't facing it, as you exit the hotel, you must walk through a hallway on your way out that is facing Fuji-san.
Old Jul 26, 07, 12:45 pm

What is the brand of their toiletries currently? Aesop? REN?
Old Jul 26, 07, 6:28 pm

Aesop last time I was there (about a month ago).
Old Jul 26, 07, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by SwissCircle View Post
1st why donīt you do some search.
2nd yes they have view with 60 rooms. see here:
http://tokyo.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...escription.jsp
3rd Yes using points no Problem (Club rooms have NO view)
The rooms with the wording view have it! Of course the waether has to be accordingly!

Hope I was of help.
No club rooms at the PHT - at least not any time I've been there.
Old Jul 27, 07, 3:16 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
No club rooms at the PHT - at least not any time I've been there.
no club at PH Tokyo, perhaps poster was thinking of Century Hyatt whose club rooms are on 6th floor with no views.
Old Jul 27, 07, 3:37 pm

Location: New York, UA Gold MM Marriott Lifetime PLT, Hyatt Plat
Number of stays at PH Tokyo: 3
Number of rooms facing Mt Fuji: 3
Total number of days spent at PH Tokyo: 15
Number of days clear enough to see Mt Fuji: 0
Old Jul 27, 07, 3:47 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by sfpaul900 View Post
Number of stays at PH Tokyo: 3
Number of rooms facing Mt Fuji: 3
Total number of days spent at PH Tokyo: 15
Number of days clear enough to see Mt Fuji: 0
I was told that Mt. Fuji can be seen about 1 out of every 4 days.

We stayed for 4 nights in a Park Suite this past February and saw Mt. Fuji once on our departure morning. Rain the previous day had cleared the air and we awoke to a spectacular and clear view which lasted for about 1 hour. YMMV
Old Jul 27, 07, 6:17 pm

Apparently for some unknown reason, the number of days each year when one can see Mt. Fuji from Tokyo is rising.

There aren't too many Park Suites on the Fuji side of the hotel, most of them are 01 series rooms that overlook Tokyo. But there are some, I've had a few, I think on the 42nd floor.
Old Jul 27, 07, 6:24 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I spend 4-5 days at the PH every January -- that time of the year must be good, because not seeing Fuji daily is the exception!
Old Jul 27, 07, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
My wife and I are each Diamond independently and we stay at this hotel fairly regularly and ALWAYS do the 6,000 point suite upgrade usually grabbing two suites at the same time. In Japan, its silly not to upgrade - so good job planning it this way - usually the corporate rates or the "special" rates on sale are not very much lower than the prevailing, and in Japan, the suites are SO MUCH BETTER than the regular rooms, that to NOT do the suite UG is almost criminal in my book.

You'll get a Park Suite and they are all reasonably similar absent the direction they face. I would say out of 10-15 times we have gotten a Fuji facing one 40% of the time. Frankly I prefer the non-Fuji facing ones. Fuji is pretty far off and you can only see it about 20% of the time (dependent quite a bit on what month you are going, but even then still fairly variable). I would rather have a guaranteed view into the huge skyscaper district than a possible view of a heck-of-far-away mountain if visible usually only through haze...so YMMV but I actually would think you're lucky if you do NOT get it!

What's funny is knowing the great service in Japan I would not put it past the PH that next time I check in I have a great skyscraper view, and they say "oh, we happened to see your post on FlyerTalk"...

Great hotel, enjoy it. We're about to head across the pond for 8 days and are doing 4 at the PH and 4 at the GH. They are both so terrific in their own ways. I can't get over how awesome the new teppenyaki place at the GH is! Hyatt in Japan is outrageously good - go Hyatt!
Old Jul 31, 07, 1:24 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by thesilb View Post
My wife and I are each Diamond independently and we stay at this hotel fairly regularly and ALWAYS do the 6,000 point suite upgrade usually grabbing two suites at the same time.
Ok, I have to ask... You and your wife are both at the hotel at the same time and you are grabbing two rooms and suites?? Traveling with children?
Old Jul 31, 07, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
Ok, I have to ask... You and your wife are both at the hotel at the same time and you are grabbing two rooms and suites?? Traveling with children?
Correct, usually one for us and one for nanny (most often 'grandma') and child.
Old Aug 2, 07, 7:23 am

I'm normally very lucky getting upgrades at Hyatt using points- but not at PH Tokyo. Basic rooms are fine but don't expect to see Mt Fuji- we were told that happens only a few times a year (we did see it from our room at the Grand Hyatt)

On my last trip to Tokyo in Mar/ Apr 06 we stayed 5 days at the Park Hyatt and 6 days at the Grand Hyatt. PH is romantic- only about 150 rooms but Grand Hyatt is GRAND. I used points to upgrade to a suite at the Grand Hyatt which was huge- about 100sqm- and I paid about US$400 p/n + 6000 points for 4 nights upgrade.

I hope you have a great time!

Search this Thread