Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Palm Springs - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Maybe they'll close it when the Andaz opens. Perhaps that's why they're not putting anything into it.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:26 pm

I can relate to the housekeeping issues at this property. I stayed there a few months ago, and someone (most likely the housekeeper) actually helped themselves to some of my own bottle of wine that I had stored in the mini fridge in my room. After I noticed it the first time, I marked the level of the bottle to see if it might happen again, or perhaps I had been imagining things, and sure enough, it happened again the second night. They didn't drink much, so they were probably just having fun, but it was definitely not right and didn't give me much confidence in the hotel management and staff.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Just got back from a two-night stay at Hyatt Palm Springs (its current name, no longer HR Suites) over MLK weekend. Booked one night on points and the other on cash. Location is great, right in the middle of everything in Palm Springs.

Upon check-in we received four drink coupons (front desk said good for anything, alcoholic or not - "you call it") as well as four breakfast tickets. The tickets seemed rather limited as they read "good for coffee, juice, and choice of one meat with potatoes and eggs." In reality, they worked just like "normal" Diamond breakfasts. On Sunday morning there was a buffet - $15.95 for continental and $20.95 for full American with hot items plus custom omelets. Diamond breakfast seemed to cover either as I had only cold items but GF got an omelet.

On Monday breakfast was sit-down service only with the (rather tired) standard HR breakfast menu, you know the one I'm talking about. Asked about Diamond breakfast in this form and it seemed to cover whatever we wanted. Only hiccup was in capital bold letters on the ticket "GRATUITY NOT INCLUDED" in violation of HGP terms and conditions. I've long since stopped making a big deal of this, but it was slightly annoying. Fortunately the service was so great during breakfast we had no problems leaving $10 a day for the servers. Really nice guys and attentive.

Upgraded as a Diamond (no DSU) to a great suite, apparently an Executive Suite - over 1,000 sq. feet with living room and four-person dining table, sleeper sofa, nice balcony overlooking the pool and mountains. As others have noted, the bathrooms here are definitely eyesores - garish pink marble, pink whirlpool tub, pink bidet (!). Certainly functional but looks a bit dated. It didn't bother me but may others.

Did not pay resort fees as a Diamond. Parking seemed to be $25 for valet, but as others have noted, free street parking on the road right behind the hotel. I would estimate there are about 10 spots on the west side of that road facing south that we had no problem parking in overnight.

Enjoyed the hot tub and pool with mountain views. Not much else to say - A great stay overall.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Never pay for parking at this property if you can. Over the years I've always found plenty of street parking options.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:45 pm

I'm unfortunately going to have to temper my quite enthusiastic review of this property in January. About a week ago I received a very random $425.xx charge on my Hyatt CC from Hyatt Palm Springs. Obviously, I stayed there over 2 months ago, and the amount of the charge made no sense given my room rate.

Called over and over again to "Accounting" who refused to answer the phone, even when I called the front desk and the clerk literally walked to the Accounting office and confirmed that he was there.

After about an hour of this nonsense I called the FD again who could not begin to provide an explanation for the charge. My next call was to the Chase Fraud department, of course.

A good property but watch your CC bill. I wonder if it all is related to the Hyatt data breach.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
I had some billings issues two years ago at Palm Springs property. I was billed for local and long distance calls at times that I wasn't in the room. I could prove through receipts that I was not in the room... but the maids were in the room during those times. Eventually everything was removed from my card.

Always save the final paper receipt at checkout. Not all properties are consistent with sending an e-bill. I rarely leave a property without checking out at the front desk because of the many billing issues at checkout and new charges days later "after" I've already received the final bill at various Hyatt properties (Andaz San Diego, Palm Springs Regency, Seattle, Vancouver BC, Park Hyatt NY, and more).

In the end the bill is always adjusted and I request points (5-10k additional) for my time and inconvenience...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
Hyatt Palm Springs

I get the feeling that many may not agree with me but this is one of my favorite Hyatts. I understand everyone has a different experience but I have never had a problem in my 20 year history with this property.

Does it help that I'm a Diamond and they know me here? Yes! This hotel is great for Diamonds - they waive the resort fee, you get a free buffet or breakfast each morning and vouchers for any drink free for happy hour. They also send me a welcome amenity each stay. Other Hyatts can't match that!

I'm always in a quiet upgraded suite with a Mountain view. I work in the business center and my room. The wifi is fine, there is good work space at the table and the new flat screen tv's are an improvement. They have upgraded the tv package so you get close to 200 channels. I can watch most any game I want and they also have free on-demand video. The balcony is huge with a great view as well!

Yes the pool area can be crowded and they only offer valet parking. I have no problem with this. Less kids running around and my car in a cool underground garage with security are the trade off. Yes the rooms here have lots of marble. I think marble is classic and never goes out of style. If you are too young to know what classic is or don't like marble you may think the rooms are dated. To each their own. I like being able to walk to nearby restaurants and bars. This is a good location for adults.

By the way, the redevelopment project just South of the Hotel is moving along. The new West Elm building next door should be open in a few weeks. The new Kimpton Hotel should be open in April. Other aspects like streets, a new park and future hotels, restaurants and retail spots will follow.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mitch1
I get the feeling that many may not agree with me but this is one of my favorite Hyatts.
You are right :-). I think this is a property that got stuck in the 80's.... the only thing it's got going for it is that it's normally cheap and there is breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Had a stay here last week. Palm Springs in August Not my choice.

First time staying at this property. They are resurfacing the pool deck so there was that. The hotel was close to empty so there was that.

All in all a decent stay at a fair rate.

The construction next door takes away a lot of the free parking but I did manage to find street parking very close by.

The Thursday night Street Fair was fun if you like that sort of thing.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
You are right :-). I think this is a property that got stuck in the 80's.... the only thing it's got going for it is that it's normally cheap and there is breakfast in the restaurant.
Also, it's the only hotel I've ever stayed in where we had a bidet.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Just want to say that on what's probably my fifth stay at this property over four years, I had a great recent stay. It's really true that what you get for your money here is way over what you'd get for Hyatts at similar rates: roomy balcony, suite, pool, drink tickets, nice patio in front of the hotel to sit out at in the evening, free parking behind the hotel, and walking distance to good restaurants. Years ago I stayed here and found it a bit grimy but I've started requesting rooms on the quieter end of the hotel (not the poolside) and the rooms have been perfectly fine. I like the desk setup-- much roomier than your usual Hyatt room desk. I almost always stay here when the hotel is in off season/low occupancy which makes it even better-- nice, cool pool without too many other people.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
None of the recent posts have commented on the state of the pool, so I assume they occasionally clean it nowadays.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The pool was sparkling clean during my stay (two people using it-I think there were a dozen guest in the hotel that night) but the pool deck was being resurfaced so it was not inviting
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Resort fee on all-points stays?

Is the $20 resort fee charged on all-points reservations? I'm Platinum.

The fee shows in my confirmation for the cash & points stay, but not for the all-points stay.

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No fees for full award bookings (except things like parking...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.