FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/716553-hyatt-centric-fishermans-wharf-review-master-thread.html)

dprocuk Nov 13, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks to both of you for the insight. Thinking of heading there over presidents day weekend in February to use the explorist club certs before they expire.

pbnair Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am

They still have wake up call sponsored by protesters, lost my sleep already! Reading the previous posts it looks like they have been coming here for months. Hyatt should have done a better job, instead of letting unassuming customers go through the inconveniences.

SportsTech Nov 19, 2017 9:00 am

Originally Posted by pbnair (Post 29074335)
They still have wake up call sponsored by protesters, lost my sleep already! Reading the previous posts it looks like they have been coming here for months. Hyatt should have done a better job, instead of letting unassuming customers go through the inconveniences.

I've had more than dozen stays here since the renovation and Saturday morning was the first time I've heard the (paid) union noisemakers in a couple of years.

Not opposed to unions or peaceful protest but 7am microphones and drums with paid yellers is economic terrorism. [How do I know they were paid? I asked one of them why he was angry with Hyatt and he said he wasn't, this was a gig]

bworrell May 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Just had a nice stay here... was in town for a conference and noticed that I could use one of my certificates here and save quite a bit over the paid rate. Was upgraded to one of their few suites, late checkout, had a good breakfast the next day, and they proactively mentioned they'd like to pay for my dinner at Brick & Beam the night before (was about $27). It was nice to pay zero.

Jay00848 Jun 4, 2018 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell (Post 29783726)
Just had a nice stay here... was in town for a conference and noticed that I could use one of my certificates here and save quite a bit over the paid rate. Was upgraded to one of their few suites, late checkout, had a good breakfast the next day, and they proactively mentioned they'd like to pay for my dinner at Brick & Beam the night before (was about $27). It was nice to pay zero.

I am heading here this weekend. I have seen mixed reviews on Brick and Beam, would you recommend for dinner?

JackE Jun 4, 2018 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848 (Post 29829589)
I am heading here this weekend. I have seen mixed reviews on Brick and Beam, would you recommend for dinner?

If you are asking whether the food is good, yes, it is. But there are so many other variables it's a personal choice.

Jay00848 Jun 4, 2018 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by JackE (Post 29829614)
If you are asking whether the food is good, yes, it is. But there are so many other variables it's a personal choice.

I am asking about the food, they are suppose to have great local fresh fish but when I read the google reviews I see a lot more negative ones about food that surprised me.

cmjaffe Aug 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Globalist breakfast?

So we have an award stay here. Was curious what's the breakfast options for globalist. Was told it was continental buffet. Is that correct? Thought it was supposed to have a hot option.....
tia

caliform Aug 18, 2018 9:38 pm

My former neighbor AJ runs the Carmel Pizza place near here, and it's a solid option for food. Really quite decent pizzas. Otherwise not a great spot for food unless you haven't had In N Out in a while!

Maui4me1 Aug 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe (Post 30099033)
So we have an award stay here. Was curious what's the breakfast options for globalist. Was told it was continental buffet. Is that correct? Thought it was supposed to have a hot option.....
tia

no, it’s a full buffet or off the menu.

236Dakota Aug 18, 2018 9:59 pm

We had a fantastic stay there last night. As a glob we were upgraded to an executive suite on the 5th floor, on a Hyatt credit card, free night stay. The staff was great. Good complementary/free breakfast for a glob. We’re done with the SF Regency and Grand. This is a much better hotel.

cmjaffe Aug 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Thank you all for the positive comments
we are arriving tomorrow for 3 night total, awards, 2 credit card one from 5 diff Hyatt. Mike had been diamond for 10+ years, this year glob lite. Doubtful he will requal this year (unless there is another public challenge since he consults so can't find Corp challenge). So it's soft landing in March.

Food now has become challenging since libby (17) has wheat, corn & gluten allergy.

joe_miami Oct 17, 2018 9:39 pm

I have a one-night stay here coming up; this will be my first time visiting this area. Are there any rooms with a view worth requesting, or should I just roll with whatever they give Globalists? Thanks.

joe_miami Oct 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell (Post 29783726)

Sounds like a great stay. Is the comped dinner a regular thing here? I've seen other people mention getting a $20 voucher for the restaurant.

skj Oct 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 30337180)
Sounds like a great stay. Is the comped dinner a regular thing here? I've seen other people mention getting a $20 voucher for the restaurant.

I've stayed here maybe a dozen times over the years, including 2 times earlier this year. I've never had a meal comped or a voucher offered, other than the Diamond/Glob breakfast. I'll be here for a night next month, and to be honest, I wouldn't eat dinner here even it was free. There's just too many great options in San Francisco.

To answer your question about views, there are pool/courtyard view rooms where you're generally looking at the opposite wall of rooms, or street view, which aren't particularly interesting either. It's a low rise property, unlike the GH and the HR ...